Best way to update FW?
773 6 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drewson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111066 ft
United States

The app seems like it is the most convenient way to update FW but I hear people saying they are plugging into their PC and using the desktop software.  Is there a reason one way is better than another?  

Also - I have 2 batteries - how do I do multiple batteries - does the app re-detect the need for an update with each battery?

Finally - I need an update to the app as well.  Should I update the drone first, then the app?  Or the other way around?  

Thanks
2017-8-15
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

use DJi assistant 2 on your PC or mac.. and for batteries after completed update.. shut drone off, pull battery swap it out.. turn back on... click refresh button on the current firmware..

i dont like updating via wireless.. too much possibility for something to go wrong with a firmware update...  OS update or software update ..that's fine.. firmware update going bad = paper weight or messed up functionality, i just avoid firmware updates wirelessly if i can..  
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Just two different methods to upgrade the drone, for me, I prefer to upgrade it via the PC.
The APP will re-detect the need for an update with each battery. When the battery's firmware version is inconsistent, an 'inconsistent firmware found' prompt will pop out. Here is a video below for your reference, you'll see this prompt at 1:25.
I prefer to update the APP first, then update the drone.
2017-8-15
Use props
Natesac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 252526 ft
United States

One suggestion, if you are going to update via PC/Mac, remove SD card before updating. I noticed last time I updated that the SD card was being loaded and ejected improperly, giving me warnings on my Mac.

The next time I flew the spark I was getting errors, the Spark would shut down on it's own as soon as I palm landed.

Reformatting the SD card cleared up my issues. I will be removing the SD card before updating from now on.
2017-8-15
Use props
Drewson
lvl.2
United States

Where is the official DJI download page for Windows 10 Assistant 2?  Seems weirdly hard to find.
2017-8-16
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Drewson Posted at 2017-8-16 20:28
Where is the official DJI download page for Windows 10 Assistant 2?  Seems weirdly hard to find.

It's here:
http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2017-8-16
Use props
Drewson
lvl.2
United States

Thanks - one more thing - will DJI Assistant 2 update my controller firmware as well?
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules