DJI Google main questions I couldn´t find an answer.
819 3 2017-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa8eb759e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4625466 ft
Brazil

Hy all.

I want to purchase a DJI Google, but there are some questions I couldn´t find answers:

1- Is there any chance of use the internal memory of the Googles to upload videos (to view on the road without HDI cables and etc) Or it will only work with Drones footage ?
2- Is there any chances of Wireless connect an Iphone to the google to watch Netflix or other videos ?
3- Since the google have two different screens, it´s able to display 3D content ?

and other questions related to flight

4- I sow some tests and moving the head causes a very fast gimball movement... is there any Pitch, Yaw and tilt adjust to softnen that ?

Best regards.

2017-8-16
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

1- The documentation says that only movies recorded by DJI drones can be viewed. I will store content on a microSD card and then try to watch it on the goggles. Will report here once tested.

2- I don't think so. The goggles use OccuSync for wireless video transmission. It's a proprietary protocol. The closest possible thing would be to use a wireless HDMI adapter (like Miracast) wired to the goggles HDMI port.

3- I've asking myself the same. Today, it does not. Technically, it could. Now, it doesn't mean DJI will ever support this. Or it could be an unannounced feature for an upcoming drone.

4- Don't know for other models but Spark has an adjustment for the gimbal vertical movement speed - although the goggles do not support Spark yet. Someone else input necessary here.
2017-8-16
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-8-16 09:39
1- The documentation says that only movies recorded by DJI drones can be viewed. I will store content on a microSD card and then try to watch it on the goggles. Will report here once tested.

2- I don't think so. The goggles use OccuSync for wireless video transmission. It's a proprietary protocol. The closest possible thing would be to use a wireless HDMI adapter (like Miracast) wired to the goggles HDMI port.

Here is an update for question 1.

You can copy movies on a microSD card an insert it in the goggles.

• I sucessfully watched movies that were not created by a DJI drone.
  • The goggles were able to play a 1280 x 720 p30 movie rendered by MovieMaker in MP4 format.
  • The goggles were able to play a 1920 x 1080 p60 movie recorded by a GoPro in MP4 format.
  • For both movies, the goggles would NOT play the soundtrack. They probably have limited codec support and finding the proper format to use would require additional testing.
  • For both movies, the goggles could NOT show a proper thumbnail. A generic icon was displayed instead.
  • For both movies, render quality was good with no stuttering. The goggles fan did increase its speed slightly during playback.

That's it for now.
2017-8-17
Use props
De Toledo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4625466 ft
Brazil

thanks a lot for the answers...
2017-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now