Where'd the maps go?
1430 12 2017-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Noticed the little maps window is gray now on my Air 2 with 10.3.3.  No map data is displayed.

If I plug in my Android phone, the maps show up.  

Both devices connected to same WiFi and cellular so don't know if this is a GO 4 issue, or the new Apple iOS.

Ideas on how to get them back in the Air 2 tablet?

I've also noticed the Air 2 will show "Disconnected" at times on starting it all up.  If I unplug the USB cable and plug it back in, it "Connects" to the I2.  Bug in the Apple device someplace?

Fwiw, same scenario occurs with the P4 as well.

2017-8-16
Use props
raven4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

I've noticed the same thing. When I power my mini4 down, I lose the map. I have to power up and connect to a WiFi site, first. Then, in about 5-10 minutes, the map is back. And all this despite the fact that GoogleMap stays on my iPad.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please lock the the compass on the map of the APP. Then exit the map interface and back to the homepage.
Then enter to the live video page which will solve the map problem.
2017-8-16
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-16 20:26
Please lock the the compass on the map of the APP. Then exit the map interface and back to the homepage.
Then enter to the live video page which will solve the map problem.

There are various solutions to this problem. I got around it by selecting a different aircraft and then selecting maps and then going back to the problem aircraft.

That a good number of people are independently reporting this indicates it is a bug in the latest Go 4. I had thought it was a memory allocation issue but its not.

Mindy, please tell the techs to look at this.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-8-17 02:18
There are various solutions to this problem. I got around it by selecting a different aircraft and then selecting maps and then going back to the problem aircraft.

That a good number of people are independently reporting this indicates it is a bug in the latest Go 4. I had thought it was a memory allocation issue but its not.

I see, sorry for the trouble and inconvenience caused, our engineers are working on it and will get it fixed soon.
2017-8-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Mindy.

I did get the maps back on the iPad Air 2 following your instructions that I tested below:

1. Press on map window to enlarge it full screen.
2. Press on blue/red compass arrow in upper right.
3. Press on the camera view window in lower right to flip back to large screen camera view and smaller map view.
4. Press the upper left rectangle in the map view pane that is still gray which shrinks the map pane.
5. Exit GO 4 by swiping it off.
6. Restarted GO 4 and the map street view will be shown.

It works, but really is a major pain and slow to do, and it may all go away when you restart it all again.  I've done this twice now and after the second try, the maps seem to be cached and stay put on restarting in GO 4.

I haven't tried the "Select another drone" method yet, but will next time they do not show up.

2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-8-17 08:08
Thanks Mindy.

I did get the maps back on the iPad Air 2 following your instructions that I tested below:

Just lock the compass on the map.
I understand your frustration and we will get it fixed in later APP version, sorry for the trouble caused.
2017-8-17
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298875 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-17 22:26
Just lock the compass on the map.
I understand your frustration and we will get it fixed in later APP version, sorry for the trouble caused.

Hi DJI Mindy,

How do you lock the compass on the map?
2017-8-19
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

fansfb11ee43 Posted at 2017-8-19 16:21
Hi DJI Mindy,

How do you lock the compass on the map?

Step 2 above.  Press the red & blue arrow in the upper right to lock it.
2017-8-19
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.2
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-8-19 19:11
Step 2 above.  Press the red & blue arrow in the upper right to lock it.

That just makes it lock with the top of the map facing North doesn't it?
2017-8-19
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.2
Australia

fansfb11ee43 Posted at 2017-8-19 20:19
That just makes it lock with the top of the map facing North doesn't it?

IT WORKS the map wasn't there when I opened the app so I locked the map (for top of the map north) closed the app and the reopened the app and the Map came up.
I then switch it from the locked north position to my usual setting (orientated to the my RC position) and that worked.

This will do as a fix for now until the next GO 4 app comes out which I believe DJI techs are looking into.
2017-8-19
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.2
Australia

IT WORKS the map wasn't there when I opened the app so I locked the map (for top of the map north position) closed the app and the reopened the app and the Map came up.
I then switch it from the locked north position to my usual setting (orientated to the my RC position) and that worked.

This will do as a fix for now until the next GO 4 app update comes out which I believe DJI techs are looking into.
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansfb11ee43 Posted at 2017-8-19 21:21
IT WORKS the map wasn't there when I opened the app so I locked the map (for top of the map north position) closed the app and the reopened the app and the Map came up.

Glad the map issue got solved temporally, our engineers will try their best to get it fixed as soon as possible, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules