Can Osmo Mobile support 210g weight?
11881 7 2017-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LOOPDJI
lvl.1
Malaysia

IMG_9064.jpg

Hi Guys i got my new Osmo Mobile today and i'm super excited to use it with my iPhone 6s and GoPro Hero 4.
I also gotten my self a PGYTECH adapter for gopro. The adapter is metal and is quite heavy, i weighted it and as you can see its precisely 210g.
I saw a lot of people posting on youtube that they have no problem using it with Osmo Mobile, but I am still pretty concern whether it will break the motors in a long run.
Therefore , i am here asking for the maximum weight that Osmo Mobile can support without stressing the motors ?

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards
Ryan.

2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

GoPro is too heavy for Osmo Mobile, we don't suggest to mount any other cameras except smartphones. The balance of the gimbal may be affected.
Thanks for your understanding.
2017-8-17
Use props
ifonline
lvl.2
United States

No one at DJI seems willing to identify the max payload in grams for the OSMO Mobile/Zenmuse M1. Would someone please make that identification? It can really help make informed decisions.

Thanks.
2017-8-17
Use props
ifonline
lvl.2
United States

For example, my iPhone 7 Plus with its film screen protector and super-slim case weighs in at 195 grams. I have had issues with an OSMO Mobile, a Zenmuse M1, and now a second OSMO Mobile. My gut tells me that the max payload is 200 grams, so 195 is too close to the max and is causing balance and performance issues. Am I wrong?
2017-8-17
Use props
yelenavik
lvl.2

United States

ifonline Posted at 2017-8-17 07:37
For example, my iPhone 7 Plus with its film screen protector and super-slim case weighs in at 195 grams. I have had issues with an OSMO Mobile, a Zenmuse M1, and now a second OSMO Mobile. My gut tells me that the max payload is 200 grams, so 195 is too close to the max and is causing balance and performance issues. Am I wrong?

my Iphone 7plus vs case has 211g,no overheating.So I use action camera YI 4k+ vs vinil case and adapter total 210g no overheating ,work good
2017-8-17
Use props
LOOPDELOOP
lvl.1
Malaysia

Yes, I did contacted support and the DJI staff took 5 minutes to get back to me with the maximum width/height it can support, not the weight. Seems like there's no confirmed technical information regarding this. Maybe if there's a dji technician here that could give us the answer that will be great ! @ifonline can I know what are the faulty symptoms of your previous  Osmo Mobile.
2017-8-17
Use props
ifonline
lvl.2
United States

Shuddering and difficulty keeping the horizon under movement are the two issues I have experienced with my first OSMO Mobile and now my second. I can only compare that performance to a competing gimbal I have that has a 260 gram payload. I can whip that thing around all day long and the iPhone holds its horizon without issue. So yeah, I feel like it's clear that the OSMO Mobile has weaker motors and I believe that a payload of 200 grams or more is pushing the abilities of the gimbal too far. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's why I have asked for confirmation of max payload. I'd like to know.

The Zenmuse M1 lasted about three days before it started grinding, shuddering, and going limp. Related to payload weight? I have no idea, but my track record of reliability with these things isn't leaving me feeling good.

The other big complaint I have with the OSMO Mobile/Zenmuse M1 is that its range is way too limited. My other gimbal has a 360 degree pan and +/- 320 degree tilt and roll. That means that I can freely move the handle is just about any direction without hitting a stop. The OSMO Mobile, not so much.
2017-8-18
Use props
fans38201e1a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161811 ft
Australia

It can. I use OSMO mobile with my GoPro 5. PGYTECH adaptor is awesome
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules