Anyone unhappy about buying spark instead of Phantom3se
1704 16 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

Hay I bought my spark when it came out and when I heard about the Phantom3SE I was kinda disappointed
2017-8-17
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
Argentina

I'm still happy i went with Spark, even with the minor issues i've had with it. The size is the main sway for me as i travel with it alot and tbf its a little more expensize and to get spare batteries you need to shell out $150 a piece!!!
2017-8-17
Use props
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

No. I buy spark for its size, if size dont matter for me i would keep my ex. P3 Advanced.

For Hobbyist the spark are 100.000% more convenient than ANY P3 - P4, that are a pain in the ass to carry.

and.. Phantom 3 SE cannot be compared to spark, they are not in the same category or the same consumer market target .
2017-8-17
Use props
schmots1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3773 ft

United States

Nope, I like the spark size.  If I wanted a little bigger I would have gone Mavic so I could still fold it up.  The phantoms are always that big.  Makes it far far less convenient.  
2017-8-17
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

nope! i am happy but i would like DJI to soon have the problems fixed. then it will be a great drone i suspect. mine works very good not but i am afraid it will panic and its "fall or flight" response will kick in.
2017-8-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have am still considering my best option. As for now the lack of 25fps is the biggest downside for the Spark for me. But the Mavic OR Phantom are simply too expensive AND big for my needs.
So not sure which one it will be.
2017-8-17
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

If we get 25fps, and a few more camera options, it will be the perfect slight strike quad.  I love my Spark, and really have always loved the Phantom for its lineage and mark on history.  The SE is an awesome send off for the reliable 3 series. I may pick one up for nostalgia one day.
2017-8-17
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18898 ft
Netherlands

I'm waiting for the Dji spark2 with 4k filming or maybe 8K also waterproof
2017-8-17
Use props
Zirconn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242920 ft
Romania

Let's say carrying a Phantom drone on bike or bicycle would look funny
2017-8-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Zirconn Posted at 2017-8-17 05:50
Let's say carrying a Phantom drone on bike or bicycle would look funny

Make a picture if you do one day
2017-8-17
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162444 ft
Canada

Totally bought it for the form factor and the tech crammed into it.  Some small regrets regarding some optioning operation-wise  but there's simply no getting around the size and ease of use. I just wish it were geared slightly away from the "selfie" modes. Seems like there is a good percentage that saw past the marketing hype of jedi flying your drone and were excited about capable camera platform in a tiny package. The ability to gather quality images and footage in tight quarters is a great sell on it's own.
2017-8-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

ThirdEyeFlyin' Posted at 2017-8-17 06:24
Totally bought it for the form factor and the tech crammed into it.  Some small regrets regarding some optioning operation-wise  but there's simply no getting around the size and ease of use. I just wish it were geared slightly away from the "selfie" modes. Seems like there is a good percentage that saw past the marketing hype of jedi flying your drone and were excited about capable camera platform in a tiny package. The ability to gather quality images and footage in tight quarters is a great sell on it's own.

True true true.
For me it would definitely be a tool to add to my toolbag.
(and the fact it will fit there makes it even better)
As a hobby-film maker I have no problems on forehand with most of the limitations. Except the 30fps limit.
2017-8-17
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Happy with the Spark over the Phantom SE.
2017-8-17
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

ThirdEyeFlyin' Posted at 2017-8-17 06:24

This is exactly how i feel!
2017-8-17
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spark is the best for factor for my primary use case (boating).  I've found it more difficult/challenging to take-off and land a P3S (equivalent sized) device on my boats.

I'm not sorry at all to have purchased a spark.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

No need to sigh or regret. A proper one is the best. The Phantom 3 SE is still available for ordering.
2017-8-18
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

Yeah the spark is pretty good can't beat the size! The spark is great
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules