Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to create easy panoramas with DJI Media Maker
23087 13 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulArcher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Hey guys,
Did you know you can stitch images from your drones ( especially easy for SPark) and then from your computer create easy panoramas?
The software is called DJI Media Maker and is originally made for the DJI Osmo, but it can be used with anything (including phone photos).
Here's a short guide and download link It was pretty hard to find a download link, but It's lower on the page.

I had a problem where I could not make panoramas from the DJi Go 4 app with the spark and then I uploaded the images in my pc and did this easily.

Know any other software like this? ( it seems it can also create time lapses, but I couldn't do it)
2017-8-17
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

In another forum topic, someone recommended Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE).  I was amazed at how easy it was to use.  The only problem I've encountered is that every time I install it on my PC, something happens where I start getting "some settings are managed by your organization" throughout various settings options.
2017-8-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

http://forum.dji.com/thread-43384-1-1.html

2017-8-17
Use props
PaulArcher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

I'm not yet sure if this software removes propellers from the image, as I haven't yet had a picture with propellers in them. I'll test it tomorrow... for science...
2017-8-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

na, it can't!
Also it can't do the 21 pic-180 Panorama very well
Its adding the blue part over the clouds
9 and 15 pic Panorama shots (where did I get the 15 pic shot?) it can.
There its asking for 180/360 Panorama, your choice
tower.jpg
west.jpg
2017-8-18
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

The original , "stitched" with DJI go locks like this:
ori-tower.jpg
ori-west.jpg
2017-8-18
Use props
PaulArcher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

If you don't want the blue part above then you need to pick 180 degree, not 360
2017-8-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Thanks, usefull hint!
There is a 'weird behavior' of the DJI Media Maker:

Pulling the panorama folder into it is starting most of the time the "spherical panorama"
Which gets me the "upgraded" Panorama
My fault!
With forcing it to use the 180, and even the 360-version, it's not "upgrading".

Also some of the panos are seen as "timelapse"
Which of course ends in a fail.
Here I found out myself, that pushing it (clicking) on the  spherical button opens also 180 and 360 options.
But did not think about to retry the "upgraded panos"
Now I know ;-)

Will try timelapse function some day with the "timelapse stills" from my drift cams

And will look, if 2x180 make one spherical

2017-8-20
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3684 ft
United Kingdom

One major FLAW in the DJI Media Maker software is
1: It can only import JPGs... not DNG... so theres all the 10bit picture quality flushed down the pan
2: It will only export in JPG so again... 8 bit with colour banding hell in the skies. Looks crap compared to MICROSOFT ICE which can handle 16 bit TIFFS in and out... (convert your dji DNG to tiff using IMAGE PROCESSOR batch processing - much nicer)
3: It ignores skies - cropping off picture way too low. Microsoft ICE gives you those skies - approx 33% more sky (using the same pictures). This needs to be fixed plz.

Please can you look look at makuing it DNG in and DNG out.. Thanks DJI.
Microsoft ICE is also much faster... taking 2 mins... whereas DJI Maker takes 9 minutes on my XEON machine with 2xGPUs!
2018-6-5
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Take a look at what can also go wrong in DJI app versus Microsoft Ice with exactly the same set of pics used:
oh my I just noticed DJI app has also flipped the image LEFT to RIGHT... so picture is wrong. What is going on. Clearly an app which needs work.

2018-6-5
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

it gets wierder... i just truied another pic which worked fine in Microsoft ice and the DJI app one lost 60% of the picture....

2018-6-5
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

more examples of madness ;-)

2018-6-5
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It fgoes on and on. These are being produced real time - im giving you my findings using one app against another.... DJI app is now seemingly worse than useless. Back to the drawing board DJI... something is seriously wrong with your software.

update look closely at the pictures... dji app has oddly stretched the placement of items. microsoft ice had them placed without any wierd stretch. also dji app has cropped off left and right of image.

2018-6-5
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Now if I wanted to be really rude about DJI app I could compare the edge of image stitching which DJI app gets badly wrong. So in full vr 360 viewers you see a SEAM when you reach the edge. Microfot ice soetimes get this wrong and creates a visible seam but id say only 1 in 4 had it wrong with microsoft ice. Yes you can correct seams in photoshop. Just saying.
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules