Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Acer Iconia One 7 tablet
4720 10 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fingers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

I just thought I would share with the community that I've had a very positive experience with the Acer Iconia One 7 tablet.

I've been using it with the Mavic now for 3 weeks and haven't exerienced any crashes (app or drone!) DJI GO 4 running nicely. 16GB version for less than £90 from argos.  

Minimal video lag and two finger dragging for selecting subjects works a treat; my fingers are massive!

It is held nice and snugly in the controller without any mods or adaptors too.

In fact my only critisism is that the display isn't the brightest, though it is workable in bright sunlight.

Fully recommended for a cheapo tablet to get me started. Well done Acer!
2017-8-17
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

good advice!   i may use my iPad mini 2, but i found it's very poor in direct sunlight, with sunshade tis much better but it's still hard to see sometimes.. my GF's iPad pro 9.7 is bit better in direct sunlight but its just too big to reasonably use it outside on the controller... so i'm looking at possible alternatives also, so ill check walmart or target later on see what its like with that tablet or other tablets..
2017-8-17
Use props
HermanoLoco
Flight distance : 462648 ft
Brazil

What model did you buy? I'm thinking of buying one, but it seems to me that there are variants with different processors ...
2017-8-17
Use props
Fingers
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Iconia One 7 B1-790_2Ckk_316T     in Shale Black
Model:A6004
Part No: NT.LDFEK.001
MFG Date: jun 2017

Android 6.0
MTK MT8163 (1.3Ghz quad core)
16GB RAM
2017-8-17
Use props
fansd804a829
New
Flight distance : 20 ft
United Kingdom

I have this tablet now too. I loaded the DJI Go4 App and started it. Started then the controller and then my DJI MAvic Pro but it will let me not connect my device to it :-( Any tricks what I have to do? Thank you very much for your help :-)
2017-12-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good information thanks
2017-12-30
Use props
Fingers
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fansd804a829 Posted at 2017-12-30 05:48
I have this tablet now too. I loaded the DJI Go4 App and started it. Started then the controller and then my DJI MAvic Pro but it will let me not connect my device to it :-( Any tricks what I have to do? Thank you very much for your help :-)

I haven't really had an issue with this. I usually leave the tablet disconnected then start the Controller First, then Mavic and then connect the usb cable to tablet (using USB at botton of controller. The App then starts itself.  
2017-12-31
Use props
Fingers
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I updated to the latest version of DJI GO 4 today and it appears more stable than ever. Virtually no lag at all - well done DJI GO 4.
2017-12-31
Use props
djiuser_NXtZ2VDZ8v3h
lvl.1

Israel

Does it work even if the tablet doesn't have GPS?
2019-1-15
Use props
spandit
First Officer
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

Just bought an Acer Iconia 7 tablet today. It does have GPS and the brief test I gave it before the rain got in the way was pretty good. Battery life not amazing but then even with 3 batteries it doesn't need to last longer than an hour or so. They're on sale at Argos at the moment (UK) for £59.99 (in white)
2019-1-16
Use props
spandit
First Officer
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

Update. Need to be a bit careful when using this tablet as I've had a few crashes. Reviewing and editing photos caused it to quit so best not do this with the drone in the air. Takes a while to load the app too so need some patience but haven't otherwise had a problem connecting
2019-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules