Antithef feature needed
1594 10 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

I think that dji may implement in next firmware an antitheft feature like sn lock no take off or something else .I think that feature is missing and it should be added as soon as posible
2017-8-17
Use props
schmots1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3773 ft

United States

so if your phone breaks or you get a new one, you can't fly your spark anymore, or there will be an unlock password that has to be entered every time?  What serial number are you locking to?
2017-8-17
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

For example if I lost my drone and someone else find it and connect to it the drone fan not take off because I would register that my drone is lost and lock it via dji site something like iCloud lock
2017-8-17
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

Serial number lock... When we activate a serial number bind with our email....
2017-8-17
Use props
fans07aae7d8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32516 ft
United States

I love that idea. It's not easy to implement that kind of feature BUT it would be great to have
2017-8-17
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be something similar to black listing a cell phone, sounds good to me. Great idea, now if DJI would do it.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your suggestion. I will transfer this to our engineers and hopefully they will consider it in the future.
2017-8-17
Use props
dewein
Second Officer
Flight distance : 157746 ft
United States

Security Lockout with sample screenshot

A user assigned 4 digit PIN# to unlock would be a reasonable step, even if "every time" as long as it's user friendly.  Having said that, It seems like it would be easy enough to make it an optional feature   that's activated/deactivated from the DGI GO Settings screen/menu.

In the example shown below (from another app), a simple 0-9 keypad (as opposed to the usual device keyboard) allows quick entry of a 4 digit PIN (not a complicated password) just like an ATM machine.  

2017-8-20
Use props
dewein
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-17 20:15
Thanks for your suggestion. I will transfer this to our engineers and hopefully they will consider it in the future.

Susan;

If you think it's a reasonable "add-on" to ANUVIS's thoughtful suggestion, please forward my post #8 to the engineers as well.

Thanks!
2017-8-20
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

dewein Posted at 2017-8-20 08:05
Susan;

If you think it's a reasonable "add-on" to ANUVIS's thoughtful suggestion, please forward my post #8 to the engineers as well.

If on IOS you could use finger print.
2017-8-20
Use props
dewein
Second Officer
United States

Visualkaos Posted at 2017-8-20 08:28
If on IOS you could use finger print.

Agreed but the way things are going, if we want it this year, might be better to keep it simple and add that as a future feature.  I don't write programs so I don't have a good idea of how difficult it would or wouldn't be to build that in.   Nonetheless, good idea!
2017-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules