Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
how long from flyaway to replacement drone?
3185 18 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tedder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91522 ft
United States

If you've had a flyaway or similar "DJI's fault" replacement, how long did it take DJI to confirm your logs? How long from initial repair request to getting a replacement drone?

I've been waiting ~4 days for the log confirmation, which seems basic.
2017-8-17
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been very fortunate that I've not needed such service, but others in these forums have.  I recall seeing posts about waiting two weeks and not hearing anything.  It's usually taken some intervention from our DJI Moderators to get traction.
2017-8-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will take at least a month, from the time you ship to dji till the time it lands on your doorstep....
2017-8-17
Use props
tedder
lvl.1
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-8-17 13:59
It will take at least a month, from the time you ship to dji till the time it lands on your doorstep....

No inbound shipping, R&L.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your loss, local team will try their best to shorten the time frame and provide you the proper resolution as soon as possible.
Please leave me with your case number, I will help to expedite the process. Thanks.
2017-8-17
Use props
tedder
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-17 18:38
Sorry for your loss, local team will try their best to shorten the time frame and provide you the proper resolution as soon as possible.
Please leave me with your case number, I will help to expedite the process. Thanks.

I'm hesitant to give my case number because I wish it would proceed 'naturally', but: CAS-891082-T2L3Z0
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

tedder Posted at 2017-8-18 08:26
I'm hesitant to give my case number because I wish it would proceed 'naturally', but: CAS-891082-T2L3Z0

Just checked your case, it is under analysis. we may need more info for further analysis. Could you please export the whole flight record folder and the cached video, then upload them to the Dropbox?  
IOS's flight record is saved in the "documents" under the "djipilot", it can only be exported through iTunes.
Android's flight record is saved in: /sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord.
For the cached video, Android: DJI/dji.go.v4/DJI_RECORD ,  iOS: DJI GO4/Documents/videoCache
2017-8-18
Use props
tedder
lvl.1
United States

I already sent the flight record, and there wasn't a cached video.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tedder Posted at 2017-8-20 06:25
I already sent the flight record, and there wasn't a cached video.

Where did you send the flight records? Or the flight records were uploaded to phantomhelp.com?
Sorry that this website is not official, we need the whole flight records folder for further analysis, please refer to Diana's post on 7#, export the whole folder to us, thanks a lot.
2017-8-20
Use props
tedder
lvl.1
United States

Ah, I only sent the final flight record. Sent the whole thing in. As I said in the email just now, I sent "the entire FlightRecord directory, the entire LOG directory, and the final cached video, which is from one flight before the drone crashed itself."
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tedder Posted at 2017-8-21 11:38
Ah, I only sent the final flight record. Sent the whole thing in. As I said in the email just now, I sent "the entire FlightRecord directory, the entire LOG directory, and the final cached video, which is from one flight before the drone crashed itself."

Thanks, data analysis team will analyze as soon as possible, we will have someone to contact you about the result when it is done, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-21
Use props
tedder
lvl.1
United States

On 8/23, 2am my time, I got an email that said, basically "yeah it's our fault, we'll give you a code to replace it. are you in the US?"

At 5am I replied and confirmed the country.

On 8/24 at 9am I sent a bump/reminder.

Still haven't heard back, it's been 46 hours since the initial email. This should be the easy part, yes?
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tedder Posted at 2017-8-24 22:58
On 8/23, 2am my time, I got an email that said, basically "yeah it's our fault, we'll give you a code to replace it. are you in the US?"

At 5am I replied and confirmed the country.

Tedder, sorry to have kept you waiting, you will receive email soon, please wait a moment, thanks.
2017-8-24
Use props
tedder
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-24 23:09
Tedder, sorry to have kept you waiting, you will receive email soon, please wait a moment, thanks.

email: "we will send it within 3 working days".
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tedder Posted at 2017-8-24 23:14
email: "we will send it within 3 working days".

Yes, we need time to apply coupon and it will need to be approved by our manager, please leave us some time, your patience and understanding will be highly appreciated.
2017-8-24
Use props
tedder
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-24 23:19
Yes, we need time to apply coupon and it will need to be approved by our manager, please leave us some time, your patience and understanding will be highly appreciated.

I got the coupon today and ordered the replacement drone. So it'll end up being 2-3 weeks from initial contact to replacement.
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

tedder Posted at 2017-8-29 15:08
I got the coupon today and ordered the replacement drone. So it'll end up being 2-3 weeks from initial contact to replacement.

Thanks for your feedback, hope you can get the drone back to air soon.
2017-8-29
Use props
djiuser_Y1IhQpW2NBFF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4838858 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-17 18:38

Hello,  my name is John McLafferty,  I  reported a flyaway on July 29. My case number is CAS-13696953-R8V6X4. I'm still waiting for step 2 determining how the case will be handled any help would be appreciated. jmclaff@aol.com
2023-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Y1IhQpW2NBFF Posted at 8-4 12:21
Hello,  my name is John McLafferty,  I  reported a flyaway on July 29. My case number is CAS-13696953-R8V6X4. I'm still waiting for step 2 determining how the case will be handled any help would be appreciated. jmclaff@aol.com

Hi there, sorry for the delay in your case, we will look into the details and proceed with the case as soon as possible.
2023-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules