Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Vision Plus app on Android
12Next >
7689 49 2015-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all!

We released the first version of the Vision Plus app today!

Download it from Google Play or via our new website

** Important **
When starting the app for the first time, you need to be connected to Internet in order to validate the app with DJI servers.

Feature Highlights:
  • Smart connection: You don't need to leave the app to go into your Wi-Fi settings, the app will detect your phantom's Wi-Fi network and automatically connect to it
  • Fast refreshing flight data (altitude, distance, speed & more)
  • Autorecord
  • Choose between Full screen FPV or shared screen video and map
  • Advanced Camera settings (including 4608x3456 photo size and contrast which are not in the official app)
  • Take Full HD photos while recording
  • Gesture based Gimbal control (touch down and then scroll up or down)
  • Tablet support
  • Hassle free map caching, disconnect by clicking the top button
  • Compatible with Vision, Vision Plus & Vision Plus with GoPro mod

Ground station mode is currently readying for a release. It should be released next week if all goes well but if you can't wait and want to check it out you can download it by following these instructions:
  • Join the Vision Plus Google group
  • Allow pre-release downloads by clicking Become a Tester in the Play Store (you need to join the Google Group before becoming a tester)
  • Download Vision Plus from the Play Store to update your app

Our pre-release version includes a fully functional Ground Station, you can load and save missions offline. There are no limits to how far you can place waypoints, except with no fly zones. You can set waypoints at up to 400m altitude, 57km/h and have up to 60sec wait time at each one of them.

Follow me & flight logs are coming soon!

FAQ:

- How do I connect to my phantom?
When starting the app for the first time, make sure you are connected to Internet. Then click on the top button and connection should happen automatically as long as your phantom and range extender are both turned on!
After the first startup, if your phone's Wi-Fi is enabled and you are already connected to the phantom's Wi-Fi network, the app will automatically connect. If you are not connected to the phantom's Wi-Fi network, it will first ask you for confirmation.

- Why are my maps showing as blank?
Unfortunately you have to be connected to Internet in order to download maps. In order to do that, either start the app with Wi-Fi disabled OR click on the top button if you are currently connected to the phantom.
Once disconnected from the Wi-Fi, you will be able to drag the map around in order to cache maps!

- What features are you planning to add in the future?
Our current plan in the near-future is to add a Follow-me mode, more Ground Station features such as POI, flight logs!

- Is this app compatible with a Phantom 2 Vision, or Phantom 2 Vision Plus, or both?
It is compatible with both the Vision and the Vision Plus.

- Can I use this app with a Vision Plus that has the GoPro mod?
Yes! Most camera features won't be available but everything else works!

- I have a suggestion, or a bug to report, what should I do?
Join our forums at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vctechplus/join and let us know or drop us a message here, we already have many planned features and we always welcome more ideas & suggestions!

Screenshots:
fpv_mode.jpg

camera_settings.jpg

map_display.jpg

gs_mission.jpg

gs_waypoints_settings.jpg

gs_preflight.jpg

2015-3-28
Use props
ronnydsosa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Loving the UI. Very Professional Looking...  Will give it a try later today.
+1
2015-3-29
Use props
flyingduck88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

How is the app at reconnecting to the phantom AFTER losing connection in flight? So far every developer app I’ve tried fails to properly reconnect if the signal is lost.
Also, just to be clear. Ground station is not available but “planned” unless you’re a beta tester?
Thanks!
2015-3-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Can you please also advise if you are working on a follow me feature and if so, expected ETA?
In GS, can you set the orientation of the Phantom for the flight ie. I want to fly a Hexagon - 200 x 200 x 200 x 200 x 200 x 200 and i want the camera facing inward to the Hexagon on the flight?
2015-3-29
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@flyingduck88
When I tried myself to go out of range I had ups & down, generally it will reconnect and show you the OSD data (altitude, distance, speed etc) as well as the location (on the map and on the radar). However for the video, I've had times where it would not reconnect. The reconnection is mainly handled by the SDK itself, one thing in my todo list is to try and see what can be improved in the SDK to make sure it reconnects to the camera 100% of the time.

@Northofthe49th
Follow me feature is in the works, I expect it to be in alpha next week. Should be in pre-release within two weeks if all goes well (meaning if I can get out and test it  which isn't always easy with the weather) and released soon after. This is just a rough ETA, it may even come faster!
For GS, you cannot set the orientation for now. I'm looking into adding this as well as a setting for the turn type.

2015-3-29
Use props
jtrjr
Captain
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

boutropeur.msn Posted at 2015-3-30 02:53
@flyingduck88
When I tried myself to go out of range I had ups & down, generally it will reconnect a ...

I had the beta and just purchased the new version. I have not flown with it yet, just checking things right now. I noticed that when I am in FPV and I switch it in the upper left hand corner to GS, within a second or so the mode changes and says ATTI it doesn't switch back to GPS until I change back to FPV. Both switch 1 and 2 on my Tx are in the up position. I don't believe it should be showing ATTI, should it? I'm doing a test in my home with props off.

Thanks,

Jerry
2015-3-29
Use props
BWJ
First Officer

Denmark

Wouldn't it work with P2V ?
2015-3-29
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@jtrjr I will double check this, you're right that if it shows Gps in FPV it should show the same in GS mode. That being said, in a home you generally don't get gps signal so it showing Atti is not surprising.

@BWJ Yes the app should work with P2V as well since the SDK also supports it.
2015-3-29
Use props
jtrjr
Captain
United States

boutropeur.msn Posted at 2015-3-30 04:50
@jtrjr I will double check this, you're right that if it shows Gps in FPV it should show the same in ...

I get 8-10 sats in my home.

Jerry
2015-3-29
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK, then yep that would be an issue, will be looking into why that could happen! Thanks for the report.
2015-3-31
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

We just released a new version of the Vision Plus app (1.2.0)

Main features added in this version:
- Ground Station missions with unlimited distance and Banked Turns!
- Ability to load and save your missions, allowing you to plan your Ground Station flights in advance
- FPV Range Booster, a click on the camera signal icon in the top bar will enable it
- Flight data is now logged in CSV format and is compatible with Dashware using the Flytrex profile

And here is a video showcasing the app's features:
2015-4-4
Use props
JATO
Second Officer

United States

It is a nice GUI.I like the layout.  I have played with the app but I have not flown with it yet.
2015-4-5
Use props
jtrjr
Captain
United States

JATO Posted at 2015-4-6 01:35
It is a nice GUI.I like the layout.  I have played with the app but I have not flown with it yet.

Jato,

I've flown with it a few times now. The layout and large FPV are clean. The banked turns in GS are fantastic. GS has offline create, save and load. I've been having some crashes of the app on my new Nexus 7, not sure why but they're looking into it. After app crash, I lose all the log info and video so I can't really do much with it unless they can identify and cure the crash issues. I like the app, looks promising in V1.2. Just thought I'd drop you a note with my initial thoughts.

Jerry
2015-4-5
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Just published an update which should be available in the next few hours, with the following fixes:
- flight logs should produce correct csv files for all countries
- fixed a lag issue caused by google play services
2015-4-5
Use props
JATO
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-6 01:55
Jato,

I've flown with it a few times now. The layout and large FPV are clean. The banked turns in ...

Jerry,Thanks for the info. I really do need to get out and fly the Phantom. Recently I've allocated my flying time to becoming a better heli pilot. I have  Nexus7 & Nexus5 so hopefully it works in them.

2015-4-5
Use props
gsp171
lvl.4

United States

Please increase your Ground Station altitude limit from 1312 feet to no limit (like other after market APPs) or at least 5000 feet.
Thank you for your effort to produce an excellent product.
2015-4-5
Use props
gsp171
lvl.4

United States

Bump for the best APP !!!!!!
2015-4-6
Use props
gsp171
lvl.4

United States

boutropeur.msn Posted at 2015-4-6 02:45
Just published an update which should be available in the next few hours, with the following fixes:

When do expect to release a version with unlimited altitude in Ground Station ?
2015-4-6
Use props
csiami
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23711 ft
United States

I just purchased the app, when I test it in home, I also see the same as Jerry.  The button on the top left shows Atti when in GS?  I too get at least 8 Sat's from inside my home.  That makes me nervous.  Is there an update to fix this?
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Captain
United States

csiami Posted at 2015-4-7 00:44
I just purchased the app, when I test it in home, I also see the same as Jerry.  The button on the t ...

Csi,

I took the gamble and hit the "play" button, happy to say it worked fine. I did 4-5 GS missions with it, all successfully other than some app crashes. Banked turns were very good. To me it's a new app so I'm moving along very carefully. It's a very clean interface.

Jerry
2015-4-6
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@gsp171 in 1.2.1 there is now a setting where you can set the maximum waypoint altitude.

@csiami Sorry this is a display bug, it should be Gps and I'll fix that very soon!
2015-4-6
Use props
csiami
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23711 ft
United States

Cool, I'm looking forward to the end of this rain so I can give it a try.  I really like the looks of it.  If POI is on the horizon that is what I could really use in the applications I have in mind.
2015-4-6
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Atti display bug should be fixed csiami!
2015-4-7
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Changelog for version 1.2.4:

* GS Mission files are now saved in a public location, in the phone SDCard in the “VisionPlusApp/missions” folder (old saved missions will automatically be migrated to this new location)
* Auto record now starts recording when motors start, and stops recording when motors are turned off
* Flight logs now start/stop when motors start/stop
the location settings popup that tells you when your GPS is not enabled should show up again when needed
* FPV booster icon should reset properly when the aicraft is rebooted but the app isn’t restarted
* Fixed Wi-Fi connection issues with Android 4.1
* Timelapse can now be stopped before it ends
* Camera settings are now saved permanently
removed some camera settings which did not work (iso > 400, 960p video res)
* Fixed rare bug where gimbal would yaw while trying to move it down
* Increased size of aircraft in radar slightly
2015-4-14
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1.2.5 is now released! Lots of improvements & bug fixes. Download it at https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ryuthere.visionplus
Follow me is now in alpha, we are hoping to release it in the coming week(s).
2015-4-18
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We now have an online Ground Station mission editor!
Go to http://www.visionplusapp.com/gs to check it out!
You can also share your missions easily via the share button or by sharing the URL directly.
2015-4-19
Use props
davidw63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

I tested mine today. Im happy with it. But the speed settings are off some. I had speed set over 20 mph on some waypoints and it was going  around 18-19 or slower then speed set. Probably due to windy conditions, but I would think it would compansate for that.. But overall Im happy with it.
2015-4-20
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated the online editor to add a way to open an existing mission file and to delete a specific waypoint.
2015-4-20
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.1

United States

I noticed a issue last night after I uploaded my video. That it was not in the 720 format that i had it set at using the app. Even though it was set to 720 the last time I used it. Every time I open the app it defaults back to 480P or standard format. So I guess now as part of my pre flight check is to check the setting of the camera every time I open the app. Is there a "fix" for this? It wont save the setting.
2015-4-21
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There was a bug where camera settings wouldn't be saved in a previous version, were you using 1.2.5 ? (should be fixed in that version).
2015-4-21
Use props
pawry
Second Officer

Poland

Hello.
I have one question - the proposal.
Is it possible to add to the Vision Plus app flight remaining minutes counter in addition to rate percentages? Or, as in the free version progress bar? Small think but I liked it.

Greetings
Happy Vision Plus user
2015-4-21
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, that's something we will add in the future!
2015-4-21
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.1

United States

boutropeur.msn Posted at 2015-4-21 20:30
There was a bug where camera settings wouldn't be saved in a previous version, were you using 1.2.5  ...

It has the current version 1.2.5
2015-4-21
Use props
mikeatlincoln
lvl.3

United States

I bit the bullet yesterday and downloaded the app. Set up a short mission (5 waypoints) in GS and flew today in rather gusty 10-15 mph winds. Very easy to use and I like the way the OSD info is displayed, much easier to view. My first mission ever and will not be my last! Good job so far and keep up the good work.
2015-4-21
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.1

United States

Yea it does work quite well, Hasnt crashed like the Ultimate flight app. Even though I still use both.
2015-4-22
Use props
pawry
Second Officer

Poland

Take Full HD photos while recording

How to do it?
When i try to take a photo while recording a message on the screen says "camera error" or something like this - it shows very quickly.
2015-4-23
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It should just work, start recording with the video switch on (red button), then switch to photo mode and push the take photo button (white). If you're having issues, you could try resetting your camera settings via the app, then restarting everything including the phantom (you will have to set your camera preferences again).
2015-4-23
Use props
pawry
Second Officer

Poland

I did everything you said. Still doesn't work. It shows "Camera system error. Camera unsupport cmd state"
2015-4-24
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mm, this is weird, I just tested it again myself today and it does work for me, and I know it works for a lot of people too, but I'm also aware of some people like you who can't get it to work. I wonder what the difference is. Do you have the latest firmwares for your phantom/camera? Do you have a vision plus v3?
2015-4-24
Use props
pawry
Second Officer

Poland

Yes I updated everything.
Phantom 2 Vision plus V3 with DJI camera - firmware 3.12
FC200 Camera - firmware 1.3.0g

I also tried use another 10 class SD card, but the same is happening
2015-4-24
Use props
12Next >