Using Spark Remote with PC Simulator Software
17942 14 2017-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Biowizard
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Is there any way to hook up the Spark RC to a PC in order to run Drone Simulator Software?

Brian
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

I think it is more convenient to use the Flight simulator on the APP. Click on the icon on the top right corner, go to Academy, then you'll be able to see the flight simulator.
2017-8-18
Use props
Biowizard
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-18 23:00
I think it is more convenient to use the Flight simulator on the APP. Click on the icon on the top right corner, go to Academy, then you'll be able to see the flight simulator.

Thanks Diana, I'll try that. My only worry about doing yesterday, is that you need to turn the Spark on at the same time, and as I was in a glass conservatory at the time, I didn't want to risk accidentally flying the actual drone straight up and into its first crash - with a glass roof!

Brian
2017-8-19
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Biowizard Posted at 2017-8-19 01:47
Thanks Diana, I'll try that. My only worry about doing yesterday, is that you need to turn the Spark on at the same time, and as I was in a glass conservatory at the time, I didn't want to risk accidentally flying the actual drone straight up and into its first crash - with a glass roof!

Brian

i had same concerns when i first got Sparky, so i removed the Props just in case, After a few times you get used to it and now i leave them on ..
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Biowizard Posted at 2017-8-19 01:47

Brian

Yes, you need to turn the Spark and RC on when you are using the Simulator, but the actual drone won't respond to your operation, only the drone in the simulator will respond you. Like wobbles mentioned, you can remove the props, just in case.
2017-8-19
Use props
Biowizard
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks fall for your replites
2017-8-23
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

removing the props is always a good safe guard.  I remove them when doing firmware updates too.  
2017-8-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can the simulator be used without having a drone at all?
So I can practice
2017-8-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Too bad. Just downloaded the all. You can't
2017-8-23
Use props
Biowizard
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-8-23 09:38
removing the props is always a good safe guard.  I remove them when doing firmware updates too.

Must admit, when I did my first firmware update, I got a bit bothered when the props began to twitch!

Brian
2017-9-18
Use props
Leonb63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132726 ft
Sweden

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-18 23:00

Hi, I got a much more immersive drone practice by using the dji Assistant 2 pc program and connecting my computer to a big screen tv.
When I first used dji Assistant I thought it was not working because I did not realise that the simulation had opened in a window behind the dji assistant.

It would be great to be able to use the dji remote on other pc based software like flight simulator but I understand if dji see this as a controller for their product. They could maybe charge for the release code to enable the controller to work on other pc platforms.
2017-9-19
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

The assistant simulator does not work for me (on a mac).
Spark and remote controller is connected. The simulator windows shows a spark above an empty green field. No texture or anything.
I can’t interact with it or make it do anything in any way. Well, I have had the propellers spinning somehow - nothing more.
I have had it working once about a month ago.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

heliman Posted at 2017-9-20 00:11
The assistant simulator does not work for me (on a mac).
Spark and remote controller is connected. The simulator windows shows a spark above an empty green field. No texture or anything.
I can’t interact with it or make it do anything in any way. Well, I have had the propellers spinning somehow - nothing more.

Heliman, what is the version of your app? Can you provide a video about it? Did you try to change a mobile device? Thanks for support.
2017-9-20
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I can’t find the version information.
DJISimulator-UI has no about tab  (an Apple standard).
It calls itself "DJI Assistant 2".
It’s has an about tab, called  “About Electron”, which only says “DJIBrowser”.

So, I have just downloaded a fresh one from dji web site, which calls it 1.1.6.
Simulator still not working, and nothing telling me why.
In this version, the about tab is totally missing, but I found the version number 1.1.6 at the bottom right of the primary assistant window.

I connect the spark via usb to the mac and switch spark  and rc transmitter on.
The assistant finds the spark and I start the simulator, and the transmitter LED goes green. The simulated clouds in the sim windows move.
But no interaction with the spark, which is in the middle of the window and
appears to be stuck a few meters above the green ground.

I did not use a mobile device for this.

2017-9-20
Use props
fans50583e2a
New

Sorry but the flight sim is terrible would love to see FPV option to get a real feel of flying with video
2018-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules