2406 18 2017-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droopy_VP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34862 ft
Sweden

Hi,

How long time usually takes for DJI to analyze and provide feedback on a case. I had my incident with the Mavic pro, 1st of August 2017 - compass error while having it on hoovering mode - it started to fly by itself - at some point I could only control from RC - left/right - was already out of my sight - so I could only tell by the video streaming and map following - this was for a few seconds, after it had a few minutes of flight without any respond to RC commands. I eventually lost video streaming and around 23% in battery left - lost as well the RC connection. Last recorded GPS location didn't help since I assume it was when I lost the RC connection to it - it continued for a while afterwards. RTH - was registered - but requesting it was always giving error and asking to go in ATI mode. Went to check it on the area showed on the lost my drone feature - no sign of it - relatively close - only 500 m away from the take off point.
Anyhow - I syncronized my flights first and shared my account with DJI - as per their request - with a bunch of other information DJI requested - I've done that - no reply for 5 days - after this I get a new email from DJI US team that asks me send them the flight records files and videocache. To be mentioned that the first discussions I carried with DJI Europe - Netherlands. I've had already the account shared with them and all - but anyhow- I extracted the files again from DJI Go 4 - upload via google drive and shared with the US team. No answer - after 3 days I wrote back to ask for some follow up and at least a case number - CAS-860281-B9W7H6 - got this one eventually.
     What's your experience with DJI - for me it seems all covered by a mystical cloud - very less info- transparency - info on what's going on - and always I have to insist to request data upon my case in order to receive something - and that's still very less info - almost zero.
      Now - I have no idea what's going on - what caused this incident - not sure if will be covered by DJI care refresh policy - nothing at all.
      Any feedback from similar users cases would be much appreciated - since it's kind of weird what is going on with my case on DJI side.

http://pantea.vlad@gmail.com
IMG_1685.JPG
2017-8-18
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

"Now - I have no idea what's going on - what caused this incident - not sure if will be covered by DJI care refresh policy - nothing at all."

In order to claim  Care Refresh you need to send in your Mavic, without it you cannot make a claim.

If you post your flight logs someone may be able to give you a better idea of what happened.
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI.Abel
Banned

Philippines

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the delay,  the DJI Care Refresh does not cover the fly away case. Just checked your case, it is under analysis now, I've escalated it, will keep an eye on it as well, hope we can get it sorted out shortly.
2017-8-18
Use props
Robtheman1983
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97254 ft
United States

I lost my drone due to failure in the RC connection and RTH feature resulting in a fly away in June. I had DJI care and they offered me a 30% coupon... I just cant spend another $530 on a drone thats probably just going to run away again. I am chalking this up to a expensive learning experience. I wish you the best of luck in your case but I don't really think DJI care about customers much at all.  
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Robtheman1983 Posted at 2017-8-19 09:24
I lost my drone due to failure in the RC connection and RTH feature resulting in a fly away in June. I had DJI care and they offered me a 30% coupon... I just cant spend another $530 on a drone thats probably just going to run away again. I am chalking this up to a expensive learning experience. I wish you the best of luck in your case but I don't really think DJI care about customers much at all.

We've replied your own thread, please check it.
2017-8-19
Use props
Droopy_VP
lvl.2
Sweden

Yes, unfortunately there's been 2 weeks almost since I haven't heard back from DJI - what a great customer service DJI!!! Keep it up!  Only analyzing one line of flight record per day can explain this #insane# rhythm.
What can I say - the mavic with the fly away incident is my 8th drone from DJI in 4 years - you really know how to treat your customers DJI. I still have a phantom 4 and mavic pro - but simply the disinterest that this company is showing off right now has convinced me to get rid of it - put them up for sale - and never come back to DJI products.
           I'll continue posting here the progress with this current case of mine - just for the eventuality of helping other users understand the policy of this company - when s**t hits the fan on their side.

In case interests anybody - there's the link with the flight records: - 1st of August 2017 is the troubled one.
           https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... MDJoZ3M?usp=sharing

FYI - DJI moderators -  unless you can help out on this matter - I don't wanna hear any complains about my post - I have all the right to be pi**ed off with the situation.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Droopy_VP Posted at 2017-8-24 10:48
Yes, unfortunately there's been 2 weeks almost since I haven't heard back from DJI - what a great customer service DJI!!! Keep it up!  Only analyzing one line of flight record per day can explain this #insane# rhythm.
What can I say - the mavic with the fly away incident is my 8th drone from DJI in 4 years - you really know how to treat your customers DJI. I still have a phantom 4 and mavic pro - but simply the disinterest that this company is showing off right now has convinced me to get rid of it - put them up for sale - and never come back to DJI products.
           I'll continue posting here the progress with this current case of mine - just for the eventuality of helping other users understand the policy of this company - when s**t hits the fan on their side.

Hey, Droopy. We are sorry for the flyaway accident and have kept you waiting for the data analysis, I've checked the case, our analysis team has confirmed it is a warranty case, and the email has been sent to you, please check it and reply directly, my colleague will help you with the further steps. Thanks.
2017-8-24
Use props
Droopy_VP
lvl.2
Sweden

Hi DJI Mindy,

I don't know what to understand from your feedback regarding my case - if it's again an DJI showing no consideration for their customers.
        All in short - your info doesn't check out -not even on the level of receiving an answer/email on my case - as claimed above.
        DJI seems to confirm my opinion upon their customer service politics, unfortunately.
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Droopy_VP Posted at 2017-8-26 13:13
Hi DJI Mindy,

I don't know what to understand from your feedback regarding my case - if it's again an DJI showing no consideration for their customers.

The email about the result of data analysis has been sent to you on 25th, August. If you didn't receive it, I would contact appropriate team to send again, please check later.
Sorry for the unpleasant experience with us. Please keep me updated if you have further question, thanks.
2017-8-27
Use props
Droopy_VP
lvl.2
Sweden

Yes, I received the first email from the support team analysing my case. There's a second email with info on how this warranty will be covered - still pending - it was mentioned as taking up to 3 working days - now waiting for that to come.
     I'll come back here with a final sunmary once this clears out.
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Droopy_VP Posted at 2017-8-29 12:33
Yes, I received the first email from the support team analysing my case. There's a second email with info on how this warranty will be covered - still pending - it was mentioned as taking up to 3 working days - now waiting for that to come.
     I'll come back here with a final sunmary once this clears out.

Hi, Droopy, just checked the case, the coupon has been sent to you, have you received yet?
2017-8-31
Use props
Droopy_VP
lvl.2
Sweden

Hi, I received the coupon - to be used for ordering another mavic pro drone - I did place the order - received it yesterday. Now-I'm having issues in making it work with the old RC - not  sure go to get around it.
   I read through different posts - kind of similar issues - I tried:
  1. Use DJI Assistant 2 - to connect both the RC and AC through the mini USB cable to my PC - none worked - tried different cables (5 more specific), tried different sequences on what to turn on first, tried from 2 different laptops (OS W7 and W10) and a Mac - no success.
  2. Tried to connect the use the Wifi connection - no success.

I am not sure what else I can use to make this work - or maybe is something that I'm missing and there's a need for a new RC as well. I haven't been told this in the beginning by the support team. I'm running out options here.

//VP.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Droopy_VP Posted at 2017-9-6 12:27
Hi, I received the coupon - to be used for ordering another mavic pro drone - I did place the order - received it yesterday. Now-I'm having issues in making it work with the old RC - not  sure go to get around it.
   I read through different posts - kind of similar issues - I tried:
  1. Use DJI Assistant 2 - to connect both the RC and AC through the mini USB cable to my PC - none worked - tried different cables (5 more specific), tried different sequences on what to turn on first, tried from 2 different laptops (OS W7 and W10) and a Mac - no success.

Please refer to the following tutorial video to link the RC:
2017-9-6
Use props
Droopy_VP
lvl.2
Sweden

Ok- thanks for info-I'll give it a try.
2017-9-7
Use props
Droopy_VP
lvl.2
Sweden

Hi, coming back here just to confirm that the RC to AC connection is fixed now - did a firmware upgrade on it - didn't fly with it yet - I've been using the other drones - soon I should give it a try outside as well. All in one - it looks ok. Thanks again for the support.

2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Droopy_VP Posted at 2017-9-9 11:51
Hi, coming back here just to confirm that the RC to AC connection is fixed now - did a firmware upgrade on it - didn't fly with it yet - I've been using the other drones - soon I should give it a try outside as well. All in one - it looks ok. Thanks again for the support.

Glad to hear that, please keep us updated if you have any further questions.
2017-9-9
Use props
Kirby Harrison 3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251558 ft
United Kingdom

I had fly away with my spark no error messages lost connection never came home. Dji treated me very bad I'm not sure how they can even call it a customer service. Don't waste your time with them awful company to deal with !!!
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kirby Harrison 3 Posted at 2018-6-14 17:19
I had fly away with my spark no error messages lost connection never came home. Dji treated me very bad I'm not sure how they can even call it a customer service. Don't waste your time with them awful company to deal with !!!

We've replied you in your own post, please keep us updated there: https://forum.dji.com/thread-149987-3-1.html thanks!
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules