Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Who would I write to voice my opinion on benefits of legalizing commercial use
1479 2 2014-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
celebrate1203
lvl.1

United States

First I want to thank you for taking the time to read my post.
The world of drones have given remote controlled model aircraft pilots a bad rap.
There is always one bad apple in the whole bunch that spoils it for everyone.
On one side of the coin you have, (and perfectly just concern if I may say so myself), the issues of privacy and safety. I can see where there would be concerns remote controlled drone users doing invasion of privacy in the lives of the general public. I can also see the safety issues of a unqualified, (and I don't want to use the word, "PILOT"), lets just say drone or rather remote controlled aircraft users. It is a major issue.

On the flip side of the coin with the adaptations of set of rules and standards for a qualified and certified licensed drone and remote controlled model aircraft pilot I strongly believe that the commercial usage of drones would be a real asset to the wealth of our economy. With the adaptation of regulations and commercial use permits and licenses for rc pilots that were hired for image and video flights would be a real asset to the economy for such work for hire by realtors, travel agencies, farmers, topographical maps, and other qualified applications that are a asset to the state of our economy.

I also strongly believe that just like taking a drivers training class and test to qualify for a drivers license to drive a vehicle on the road, I strongly feel that by requiring anyone having the desire to commercially want to do work for hire with their drone, (or rather remote controlled model aircraft), should be required to take a course in drone flight and testing and upon passing the completed course then should be issued a certificate or license as a legal pilot for commercial work for hire abiding to the rules and regulations of the commercial guidelines. This would assure that safety issues and privacy guidelines are set.

If anyone reading this could reply with a post on who I could forward this message to please let me know. I really want to legally voice my opinion on this but don't know who I would contact.
Thanks again for taking the time to read this post.
Larry
2014-10-16
Use props
ringlis1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34685 ft
United States

Join Academy of Model Aeronautics They have contacts and communicating with the FAA about our rights to keep flying.
2014-10-16
Use props
celebrate1203
lvl.1

United States

ringlis1 Posted at 2014-10-17 03:28
Join Academy of Model Aeronautics They have contacts and communicating with the FAA about our rights ...

Thank you very much for the contact information.
2014-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules