Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Raw switching from GPS to atti when I hit recording
3580 29 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf82cc877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1671316 ft
  • >>>
Tunisia

Hi,
After the last firmware update V01.11.01.50, the behaviour of my Inspire 1 Raw changed in a strange way. On every flight since the firmware upgrade, the inspire switches to atti mode by it self when I hit recording. When I stop recording, it goes back to GPS mode with 14 to 17 locked sattelites. It does it randomly. Sometimes during the same flight, every thing goes fine.
Imu and Compass values are good. I calibrated the Imu and the compass several times and in different locations.
I'm thinking about downgrading the firmware because I never had this kind of problems before.
Any thoughts??
Regards,
Ikbal

2017-8-19
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

There is no option of rolling back, you are stuck until DJI can fix this problem.  DJI simply refuse for rolling back to older version. You should read about issues raised here after update. No response from DJI about rolling back. Good luck.
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please try to reset the RC to see if the problem persists.
Power on the RC;
Press the C1+C2+Shutter button, and turn off and turn on the RC at the same time.
Besides, is that possible to borrow another RC to have a further test? If the problem persists, please post the screenshot of all firmware in General Settings--About. Thanks.
2017-8-20
Use props
Ikbal Arafa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Tunisia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-20 20:19
Could you please try to reset the RC to see if the problem persists.
Power on the RC;
Press the C1+C2+Shutter button, and turn off and turn on the RC at the same time.

Thank you DJI Mindy.
I will try resetting the RC. The result is the same whatever you hit record from the App, the Master or the slave controller.
I will post a screenshot of the firmware too :-)
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ikbal Arafa Posted at 2017-8-21 01:45
Thank you DJI Mindy.
I will try resetting the RC. The result is the same whatever you hit record from the App, the Master or the slave controller.
I will post a screenshot of the firmware too :-)

Yes, please, waiting for your update.
2017-8-21
Use props
fansa76e6f60
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24265 ft
Lithuania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-21 02:58

Have same problem with my inspire 1 with x3 camera and v01.11.01.50. Gps loss for 5 seconds and atti mode.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa76e6f60 Posted at 2017-8-27 07:51
Have same problem with my inspire 1 with x3 camera and v01.11.01.50. Gps loss for 5 seconds and atti mode.

Does this issue occurs every time? Have you changed different open area? Please make sure there are 3 GPS signal bars before taking off.
2017-8-28
Use props
fansa76e6f60
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24265 ft
Germany

im hawe interest issue, when i connect gimbal i have 2-3 bars and 7-10 sats. when i remove gimbal im have 16 sats and 5 bars
2017-8-30
Use props
Ikbal Arafa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Tunisia

Hi Dji Mindy
Sorry for the delay. I was really busy the last week.
Here is a screenshot of the firmwares.
I'm also waiting for an answer from Dji. I sent them some Log Files for analysis.
Take care
Ikbal
20170828_193133.jpg
2017-8-31
Use props
Ikbal Arafa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Tunisia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-21 02:58

Hi,
So according to the support team, my Inspire have a problem in his GPS Module and I have to send it back to them.
This is not a good news. I always have problems with my inspire after firmware updates. That's really upset me
The worst part is that in my country, drones are almost banned. And it's too complicated to send it abroad for repair.
Regards
2017-9-2
Use props
Highasakite
First Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Ikbal Arafa, that  totally sucks buddy! I hate to see pilots not flying due to such silly things as updates ruining your aircraft{:4_173:} {:4_142:} Safety First! Ken.{:4_154:}{:4_142:}{:4_110:}{:4_181:}{:4_157:}
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ikbal Arafa Posted at 2017-9-2 09:33
Hi,
So according to the support team, my Inspire have a problem in his GPS Module and I have to send it back to them.
This is not a good news. I always have problems with my inspire after firmware updates. That's really upset me

Sorry to hear that, does this issue happen no matter you tap the record in APP or press the record button in both Master RC and Slave RC?
If so, I will feedback this issue to our engineers for further assistance.
2017-9-4
Use props
Ikbal Arafa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Tunisia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-4 01:51
Sorry to hear that, does this issue happen no matter you tap the record in APP or press the record button in both Master RC and Slave RC?
If so, I will feedback this issue to our engineers for further assistance.

Hi,
Yes it's the same thing from the app or from one of the Rcs.
And when it flips to ATTI mode the roll axis starts to drift
2017-9-6
Use props
Ikbal Arafa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Tunisia

Highasakite Posted at 2017-9-2 19:03
Ikbal Arafa, that  totally sucks buddy! I hate to see pilots not flying due to such silly things as updates ruining your aircraft{:4_173:} {:4_142:} Safety First! Ken.{:4_154:}{:4_142:}{:4_110:}{:4_181:}{:4_157:}

Thank you Highasakite. I really appreciate ;-)
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ikbal Arafa Posted at 2017-9-6 11:02
Hi,
Yes it's the same thing from the app or from one of the Rcs.
And when it flips to ATTI mode the roll axis starts to drift

The issue has been reported to our engineers for analysis, I will come back to you once I hear from them, thanks for your patience.
2017-9-7
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Does this happen EVERY TIME  you hit the Record button ?  Or just sometime ?   does it on occasion go into atti mode without touching the record button ? If so there is NO Correlation , just a coincidence.

Regarding the roll axis going into atti mode :

The Atti mode will cause the Aircraft to drift with the wind, this is normal because the GPS  is not assisting the aircraft to keep it steady and at one point in the sky .
I would make sure that you update the Compass  again and make sure you have NO METAL within at least 20 METERS OF THE AC  , make sure you have No metal on your person as well.  Once you have done this dont keep updating the compass , do it once and thats it , *** Only if travel large  distance from the calibration point should you do it again  ( or if the AC starts flying erratically ).

Other ideas :
**** can you try another go app device ?  See if it happens with another , this will narrow down where the problem is .  If you can , get an I Pad ( pro is the best ) with at least and A9 processor.  I wonder if the App is getting overwhelmed and causing it to go into atti mode .  worth a shot .  
***when you updated , You  are CERTAIN that you choose the X5R firmware and Not the X5 correct ?  Just want to make sure this is not a firmware problem casuing a glitch in the system .
What is your current Go app ?  

donnie

2017-9-7
Use props
Ikbal Arafa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Tunisia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-7 00:12
The issue has been reported to our engineers for analysis, I will come back to you once I hear from them, thanks for your patience.

Thank you Dji Mindy
2017-9-7
Use props
Ikbal Arafa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Tunisia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-7 05:15
Does this happen EVERY TIME  you hit the Record button ?  Or just sometime ?   does it on occasion go into atti mode without touching the record button ? If so there is NO Correlation , just a coincidence.

Regarding the roll axis going into atti mode :

Hi Donnie,
That's the point.
1-  The problem doesn't happen all the time I hit the record Button. Sometimes, the aircraft switchs to ATTI mode when I hit record (From the App, the Master Rc or the Slave) and when I stop recording, it locks the Satellite again after 2 seconds. And sometimes I hit record and it stays on Gps mode with no problems. i'm sure that there is some how a link between the REC and the Atti mode. On 1 flight, the aircraft went to Atti mode when I hit record and stayed in Atti Mode even when I stopped recording. It's completely random.
2- Today I made 5 Flights. 5 Different places. I had a lot of problems with the 3 first flights. But the 2 Last flights were perfect, no Atti mode, no signal loss on the slave controller. Really strange.
3- I reseted the RCs yesterday with no changes on the aircraft behaviour.
4- When the aircraft switchs to Atti mode the roll axis start to go unbalance... the Camera looses the Horizon.
5- I always have an eye on the Mod Values before each flight. And I calibrate the campass when needed. I follow the rules for that : no metal, electronics etc.
6- My Go app is up to date on both Ipads Master and slave V3.1.15
7- I use 02x Ipad Air2.
8- And yes, it's the firmware for the X5R that I installed.
9- I'm suspecting maybe the weather. When the problem appeared, it was right after the firmware update but it was also my first flights in the summer. So may be the hot weather can be the cause. I'm talking about 35° to 40°C. Today the weather was quite fresh ( 28°C ) and I had the same problem in the first flights.
Thank you Donnie for you help ;-)

2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Our engineers are working on your case, we also need flight records and data, could you help to export?
For flight records, please sync it to server and then PM me your DJI account and precise date when it occurs. This is the tutorial video for your reference:
Here is the method to export flight data:
1)      Connect the Assistant port to the PC with the USB cable. assistant port.png
2)      Power on the remote controller and the aircraft.
3)      Launch the DJI GO app, enter the camera interface, and tap Main Controller Settings
4)      Tap Advanced Settings.
5)      Tap Enter Flight Data Mode.
6)      It will take about 30 seconds or 1 minutes to eject the disk.
7)      Export the flight data from the DJI FLY LOG on the disk.
8)      Upload the data to Dropbox and post the link here.
Your cooperation would be highly appreciated.
2017-9-11
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Ikbal Arafa Posted at 2017-9-7 12:38
Hi Donnie,
That's the point.
1-  The problem doesn't happen all the time I hit the record Button. Sometimes, the aircraft switchs to ATTI mode when I hit record (From the App, the Master Rc or the Slave) and when I stop recording, it locks the Satellite again after 2 seconds. And sometimes I hit record and it stays on Gps mode with no problems. i'm sure that there is some how a link between the REC and the Atti mode. On 1 flight, the aircraft went to Atti mode when I hit record and stayed in Atti Mode even when I stopped recording. It's completely random.

Best of Luck , you may have a loose connection somewhere, sure is strange that is for sure .  May just need to send it in if you  cant fix it .

Best of luck and wish I could help you more.

donnie
2017-9-11
Use props
Ikbal Arafa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Tunisia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-11 02:57
Our engineers are working on your case, we also need flight records and data, could you help to export?
For flight records, please sync it to server and then PM me your DJI account and precise date when it occurs. This is the tutorial video for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKQZ-gTBXg
Here is the method to export flight data:

Thank you guys for your support.
I didn't noticed your messages.
I was in touch with DJI's support. They took a look at the flight records. It looks like it's a compass problem. I have to send it back to Nedherland. But it's too complicated for me to send it because of the customs rules in my country
Here is a link to flight data logs https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dthww ... rOWenxtOCwu4ta?dl=0

Best,

Ikbal
2017-11-24
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-11 06:57
Best of Luck , you may have a loose connection somewhere, sure is strange that is for sure .  May just need to send it in if you  cant fix it .

Best of luck and wish I could help you more.

Hi Donnie, I think you may be on to something with the loose connection, best to check all connectors and cables from and to GPS and camera.I can't remember for sure but does this not involve removing the nose cone? Maybe unplug and replug all connectors and inspect pins
Mark G.

2017-11-25
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-11-25 04:24
Hi Donnie, I think you may be on to something with the loose connection, best to check all connectors and cables from and to GPS and camera.I can't remember for sure but does this not involve removing the nose cone? Maybe unplug and replug all connectors and inspect pins
Mark G.

Yes there is one connection in the nose but that is fairly simple to remove.  I have seen many Kinked cables cause issues like this and usually located between the Vibration board and the AC.

cheers brother Hope all s well across the pond .

donnie
2017-11-25
Use props
acidstrobe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219931 ft
Switzerland

Hello.

I have the same Problem with my Inspire 1 and Z3. Firmware is up to date. Sometimes the Done loos the GPS Signal. I have locked 16 Satellites. It doesn't matter in wich place i fly. I have done the IMU and the compass calibration. I have the problem since i have disassembled the Gimbal Plate. I have checked all connectors. Cable are ok. Scary....
2018-3-29
Use props
ttr6611
New
Germany

acidstrobe Posted at 2018-3-29 04:58
Hello.

I have the same Problem with my Inspire 1 and Z3. Firmware is up to date. Sometimes the Done loos the GPS Signal. I have locked 16 Satellites. It doesn't matter in wich place i fly. I have done the IMU and the compass calibration. I have the problem since i have disassembled the Gimbal Plate. I have checked all connectors. Cable are ok. Scary....

Did you or anybody else have your problem solved finally? I was facing the same problem during my maiden flight today. I just bought a brand new Inpire 1 (box was still sealed), I updated it to the latest firmware which is the same as mentioned above . . . As I was trying different modes I was switching a couple of time betwen video and photo mode, started recordeing a couple of times and all sudden I noticed my Inspire was drifting away and had lost GPS. Fortunately it was still in sight so I could fly it back untill it regained GPS . . . When I checked the video recording I also noticed that the roll axis was drifting away a couple of times. I was also using the Z3 Gimbal. Also the video stream seemed to be very poor, almost impossible to fly by display. So far I am not very happy right now . . .
2019-1-16
Use props
Ikbal Arafa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Tunisia

ttr6611 Posted at 1-16 15:31
Did you or anybody else have your problem solved finally? I was facing the same problem during my maiden flight today. I just bought a brand new Inpire 1 (box was still sealed), I updated it to the latest firmware which is the same as mentioned above . . . As I was trying different modes I was switching a couple of time betwen video and photo mode, started recordeing a couple of times and all sudden I noticed my Inspire was drifting away and had lost GPS. Fortunately it was still in sight so I could fly it back untill it regained GPS . . . When I checked the video recording I also noticed that the roll axis was drifting away a couple of times. I was also using the Z3 Gimbal. Also the video stream seemed to be very poor, almost impossible to fly by display. So far I am not very happy right now . . .

Hi,
My Inspire 1 was sent for repair. They changed the flight controller module. I didn't made any test yet.
No matter what camera I was using (X3 or X5R), the problem was the same.
Best,
Ikbal
2019-1-19
Use props
ttr6611
New
Germany

Hi Ikbal,

thanks for your answer. First time I was using the Z3 gimbal, yesterday I was using the X3 gimbal on purpose in order to check if this is a matter of the gimbal or not. In fact same as you are saying, it is not, it is happening with both gimbalsso it ust be the flight controller unit . . .
To bad you did not check yours yet. I am able to return the Inspire to the dealer within next week, so I am thinking of giving it completely back to the dealer, as I do not really feel like hazzling around with a brand new product, sending it back to DJI and waiting to have it returned in a couple of weeks not even knowing if the issue is really solved.
After flying the inspire I flew with my Phantom 4 Pro  (same day same spot, jus 5 minutes later), there were no problems at all.
Also the video stream of the P4 Pro seems to be way faster. What is your experience with the video streem to the display (I am using zhe Crystalsky 5.5") of the Inspire 1?

To all other guys flying Inspire 1: Did anybody with the same problem (fall back to atti mode, gimbal not working correctly loosing horizon...) got this solved and how?

Thanks to all

Chris
2019-1-20
Use props
ttr6611
New
Germany

Here is the link to the clip showing the problem: When I startet GPS was there every thing fine, while retracting the gear . . . Later on you (starting after 45 seconds flight time) can see the gimbal loosing the horizon in both directions . . . By the way: I was flying with goggle connected to the HDMI Port of the Crystal sky display and it is not that I can`t fly this in atti mode, but as the horizon was moving into the opposite direction as I was movving the yaw and roll sticks, this was almost unflyable anymore . . . After a 50 to 60 seconds GPS came back and the copter did hold the position as it should do. The flight was my second flight at this spot this day.

PS: All gear with latest available updates
2019-1-20
Use props
Ikbal Arafa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Tunisia

ttr6611 Posted at 1-20 01:50
Here is the link to the clip showing the problem: When I startet GPS was there every thing fine, while retracting the gear . . . Later on you (starting after 45 seconds flight time) can see the gimbal loosing the horizon in both directions . . . By the way: I was flying with goggle connected to the HDMI Port of the Crystal sky display and it is not that I can`t fly this in atti mode, but as the horizon was moving into the opposite direction as I was movving the yaw and roll sticks, this was almost unflyable anymore . . . After a 50 to 60 seconds GPS came back and the copter did hold the position as it should do. The flight was my second flight at this spot this day.

Horizon of the gimbal moving

Your Roll axis is completely out of control Mine was loosing the horison in Atti Mode but not that much.
I'm not using my I1 anymore to tell you about the Video Stream. But I remember that we had a lot of video signal lost specially with the slave remote.
Good luck with your I1
2019-1-20
Use props
ttr6611
New
Germany

Update: I returned my new Inspire 1 to the dealer and got my money back . . . Last week I bought a used Inspire Pro from Ebay. No problems at all with this one! It is just flying fine and shooting great pics : )
No loss of the gimbals horizon, no drifting and/or loss of GPS or sudden fall back to atti mode, same location.

2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules