Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Go 4 App (Android) battery drain
1480 10 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Martin Lines
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19147 ft
United Kingdom

Since installing the app ( I am a new user, fresh install) the battery drain has increased on my Nexus 6P

Go 4 App version 4.1.5(2-gpPhone)
Nexus 6P
Andriod 7.1.2

The drain occurs even after a re-boot when Go 4 has not even been run in the foreground, it seems to be automatically running in the background. It has been set to not use Cellular data.

It is taking 6% of my battery even when it has not been run by me,

I have stopped the task but it seems to re-start itself sometimes

Martin
2017-8-19
Use props
amd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 231335 ft
Lithuania

Same for me... But not allways
2017-8-19
Use props
Sliderul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 501942 ft
United States

I had the same problem and had to eventually uninstall DJI Go 4 to stop the battery drain. I purchased a used Samsung Galaxy S5 ($30) with no sim card and I use it exclusively to fly my Spark. When not in use I power down completely so prevent the battery from draining.
2017-8-19
Use props
Martin Lines
Second Officer
United Kingdom

That's a good idea, I have an recent HTC in the cupboard. I will try that
2017-8-19
Use props
Martin Lines
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Martin Lines Posted at 2017-8-19 12:43
That's a good idea, I have an recent HTC in the cupboard. I will try that

HTC was also incompatible.

However for UK readers, Acer Iconia One B1 780 7 Inch HD 8GB WiFi Tablet is on offer at Argos for £59.99 at the moment of writing and I have just purchased one and it works just fine. Effectively a 7" monitor for £60 that just fits in the jaws of the remote (landscape mode)
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to force kill the APP when you not use it.
2017-8-27
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-27 22:46
I would recommend you to force kill the APP when you not use it.

I hope that at the same time, developpers are trying to solve this properly so that the app do not drain battery in background.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Matioupi Posted at 2017-8-27 23:08
I hope that at the same time, developpers are trying to solve this properly so that the app do not drain battery in background.

Our engineers are trying their best to make the APP better and better now. Let's expect more optimized function.
2017-8-28
Use props
rickysuperdog
First Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

I will force quit the app until it was dimmed in Application settings every time I finished using the app, and check the status if the batteries drained quickly suddenly or the mobile got warm. There are totally three DJI Go 4 sub-apps in Running applications and one in All applications
2017-8-28
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

GO4 is a terrible hog, and the reason for it is heavy radio use on mobile phones. If you don't force kill the app, it will near constantly poll for NFZ updates in the background. This is what is killing the battery.

Interim Solution (because DJI, fix you stuff): If you are on Android Nougat or later, use Data Saver. This limits background data access to 2 process (usually 2 most recent apps). If that isn't good enough for you, or you are on an older version of Android, download an app called Doze. It does the same things as Data Saver, but allows you to select which apps are OK to use background data. Obviously, don't choose GO4, and you will see significant gains.
2017-8-28
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377648 ft
Romania

Same here. Using DJI Go4 on a Samsung S7 with Android 7.0 Nougat ... since installing it I cannot get a full day. I will try the sugested workaround. Thanks
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules