Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

dspecgsx Posted at 2017-8-19 17:29
I use DJI Go4 and DJI GS Pro for waypoint automated flying.  All free.
http://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro

is the app very easy to use or might take some time to get used to?
2017-8-24
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been using both - normal flights, DJI Go App.
For Waypoints and Pano shooting, Litchi.
2017-8-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-8-23 19:50
False. I use litchi for waypoints and i have missions that go as far as three miles away.

Not false, my comment was about elevation over take off point as I pointed out above.
2017-8-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

Glad we cleared that up!
2017-8-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-8-23 15:35
All my Android crashes disappeared on my Samsung S7 when I turned the phone's settings to display> mode> Basic and Resolution to 1920 x 1080.

Great tip for other S7 users. Thanks!
2017-8-24
Use props
dspecgsx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 810636 ft
United States

travelrikk Posted at 2017-8-24 00:19
is the app very easy to use or might take some time to get used to?

I flew my first mission about an hour after downloading the app.  I was not over complicated as It only used 5-6 way-points to get familiar with it.  Now I'm running more complicated missions with ease.  I would say on a scale of 1-10, it was a 4....but that is subjective of course.  
2017-8-24
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-19 21:13
ok, ill probably check it out on later on.. maybe ill use my GF's iPad pro 9.7 when i get my mavic pro.. if she lets me use it...   because unfortunately my ipad mini 2 maybe broken..i dropped it out of my car and shattered the glass on the road while i was looking for places to fly earlier..  preparing for my mavic pro, scouting it out...wanna fly in differant areas, but nah....my ipad had other plans..

My wife's iPad suddenly is having a new owner... You should be fine with a iPad Mini 4. I think they will be discontinued soon and you can get a better price now.
2017-8-24
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-8-20 11:43
As far as I could see, from other discussions, Litchi missions can go much further than 500m from the Home Point - they can even go beyond the RC reception range, letting Mavic operate fully autonomously.

I think they were talking about 500m altitude, not distance....
2017-8-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-8-24 09:35
My wife's iPad suddenly is having a new owner... You should be fine with a iPad Mini 4. I think they will be discontinued soon and you can get a better price now.

hopefully they reduce in price!, but i heard from a friend that iPad mini 5 is likely to continue, they may drop the normal iPad 9,7 inch in favor of making those the pro model for all 9.7 inch.  as i see it, that does make the most sense, most people probably enjoy the iPad mini more.. nd serious people using iPads prob favor the larger sizes. but its apple without steve jobs, so who really knows.

2017-8-24
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

dspecgsx Posted at 2017-8-24 06:24
I flew my first mission about an hour after downloading the app.  I was not over complicated as It only used 5-6 way-points to get familiar with it.  Now I'm running more complicated missions with ease.  I would say on a scale of 1-10, it was a 4....but that is subjective of course.

thanks bud! will definitely try it out
2017-8-24
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-24 10:32
hopefully they reduce in price!, but i heard from a friend that iPad mini 5 is likely to continue, they may drop the normal iPad 9,7 inch in favor of making those the pro model for all 9.7 inch.  as i see it, that does make the most sense, most people probably enjoy the iPad mini more.. nd serious people using iPads prob favor the larger sizes. but its apple without steve jobs, so who really knows.

It would be a shame if they discontinue it because it fits perfectly on the controller brackets, and have the perfect hardware to run DJI Go app... never had a crash...
2017-8-25
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-8-25 11:32
It would be a shame if they discontinue it because it fits perfectly on the controller brackets, and have the perfect hardware to run DJI Go app... never had a crash...

i agree, but then again.. if that means cheaper iPad minis.. great and if one day in future i need a new device like app update is not supported, phone screens are getting bigger and better, i may resort to buying a used iPhone plus model just for the display.. but that's probably years away anyway.
2017-8-25
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-23 05:33
I just checked and I have flown waypoints well beyond 500m in Litchi.  The post you linked to doesn't seem to refer to Litchi (I think she is talking about waypoint mode in DJI Go). As a matter of fact, further down in the thread someone suggests that Litchi should be used so there is no limit at all.

Yes, exactly, I was talking about the 500m waypoint limit in DJI go.
2017-8-26
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

brettt Posted at 2017-8-23 19:35
Autopilot. Unfortunately it's only for iPhone, but I actually got an iPhone just to use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwEq03VN_io

Nice footage! There is one annoyed bird at 4:25
2017-8-26
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

Only used DJI Go but litchi seems to be wery god, my only concern is if something happend and you use a non official app maybe DJI could refuse the reparation under warranty maybe...
2017-8-28
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ferks Posted at 2017-8-19 19:21
I believe it's IOS only, I use it and it's really good.

Is GS Pro really free? The description says 'in app purchasing' that usually means the free version is watered down and you have to pay for the good stuff. I figured I'd ask a current user like you before I install it. Of course the fact that all my batteries are dead from flying earlier this evening and it's dark out has no bearing on not trying it right now.......
2017-9-7
Use props
dspecgsx
lvl.2
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-9-7 16:29
Is GS Pro really free? The description says 'in app purchasing' that usually means the free version is watered down and you have to pay for the good stuff. I figured I'd ask a current user like you before I install it. Of course the fact that all my batteries are dead from flying earlier this evening and it's dark out has no bearing on not trying it right now.......

It's free and works fine.
2017-9-7
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dspecgsx Posted at 2017-9-7 17:14

Cool, thanks. Assuming it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll give it a try.
2017-9-7
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dspecgsx Posted at 2017-9-7 17:14

POI isn't free, $9.99 for unlimited or 99 cents per use. Reasonable cost, however, it doesn't sync the flight logs. I reckon it's back to Litchi, oh well.
2017-9-8
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

I am using Litchi most of the time because it offers two features:
  • Panorama photography. Litchi takes automatically a set of photos that can be easily stitched afterwards. That way I can have panorama shots that have a nice resolution for printing or 360° panoramas for some fancy stuff.
  • Center lock: You can lock the direction that aircraft is moving so that it still goes right/left, even if you rotated it. I am using that to take movie clips of soccer matches of my kids for training purposes.

2017-9-8
Use props
dspecgsx
lvl.2
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-9-8 12:06
POI isn't free, $9.99 for unlimited or 99 cents per use. Reasonable cost, however, it doesn't sync the flight logs. I reckon it's back to Litchi, oh well.

way point flying is free and you can create 4 points around a POI and make the corners into radii until you achieve a circle...vary the altitude and get the same thing (as POI) with a few extra programing steps.

You are correct, it does not sync flight logs but it does store flight logs in-case you have something happen and you need DJI to review files.  Does Litchi do that?
2017-9-9
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dspecgsx Posted at 2017-9-9 03:43
way point flying is free and you can create 4 points around a POI and make the corners into radii until you achieve a circle...vary the altitude and get the same thing (as POI) with a few extra programing steps.

You are correct, it does not sync flight logs but it does store flight logs in-case you have something happen and you need DJI to review files.  Does Litchi do that?

Litchi does collect logs and syncs them to Airdata.
The version I downloaded yesterday wants $9.99 for unlimited or 99 cents per use of POI, maybe you have an older version that does not.
2017-9-9
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

definetly Go4
2017-9-9
Use props
JoeCec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ferks Posted at 2017-8-19 19:21
I believe it's IOS only, I use it and it's really good.

I second this remark. GSP is pretty fun to play with, and it has been upgraded to better perform with waypoints and camera adjustments. Still not perfect, but WAY better!
2017-9-11
Use props
SG70
lvl.2
France

well aparently if you do not have the go 4 app logs you well have trouble with the DJI warranty if your drone crashes... so I guess the only choice is Go 4 ...
2017-9-11
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180351 ft
United Kingdom

I have both, but have only used the Dji Go  app so far.
2017-9-11
Use props
lnguye22
New
Flight distance : 41552 ft
United States

I use DJI GO app since the first day I got my drone, I didn't run to any problems so far.
2017-9-12
Use props
Vtr_Racing
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95407 ft

United States

Very informative thread. Thanks for the info on both apps.
2017-9-18
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-8-23 19:50
False. I use litchi for waypoints and i have missions that go as far as three miles away.

Same here, pretty much unlimited distance to missions excluding loss of signal RTH when in a land far far away! Love Litchi's user friendly interface as well.
2017-9-19
Use props
Vokey
lvl.1
Canada

Because I am new to this.. i had know idea about litchi.. or why someone would want to do missions.. but I took some time and looked at it on You tube.. it is very cool and could see the benefits of the panoramic..  i just don't think Im ready for this.   
2017-9-19
Use props
johnmichaels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 316585 ft
United Kingdom

RE: DJI GO or Litchi? Preference?

Dronoob Posted at 2017-9-8 23:39
I am using Litchi most of the time because it offers two features:
  • Panorama photography. Litchi takes automatically a set of photos that can be easily stitched afterwards. That way I can have panorama shots that have a nice resolution for printing or 360° panoramas for some fancy stuff.

• "Center lock: You can lock the direction that aircraft is moving so that it still goes right/left, even if you rotated it. I am using that to take movie clips of soccer matches of my kids for training purposes."

Isn't this the same as Heading and course lock on DJI GO?

I also use both BTW - for all the same reasons already mentioned
    2017-9-19
    Use props
    Dronoob
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 126079 ft
    Germany

johnmichaels Posted at 2017-9-19 15:37
    "Center lock: You can lock the direction that aircraft is moving so that it still goes right/left, even if you rotated it. I am using that to take movie clips of soccer matches of my kids for training purposes."

Isn't this the same as Heading and course lock on DJI GO?

I think both are the same. Is this feature available in the DJI app? I could not find it there.
    2017-9-19
    Use props
    johnmichaels
    lvl.2
    Flight distance : 316585 ft
    United Kingdom

Dronoob Posted at 2017-9-19 22:35
    I think both are the same. Is this feature available in the DJI app? I could not find it there.

It is one of the flight modes

course lock is as you described and home lock uses your home point so no matter what way the craft is pointing (rotation) when you left rudder backwards it will always come back to home, a good alternative to RTH as well, with no beeping - oh no, that was another thread
    2017-9-20
    Use props
    ny300z
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 2603478 ft
    United States

Definitely curious about the automated flights you can do with Litchi but you guys have some huge balls using a 3rd party app with a $1000 drone. Even with insurance on my drone I am skeptical as hell.

2017-11-16
    Use props
    Jos A
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 73209 ft
    Netherlands

I used Litchi since the phantom 2 vision+ and still using it.
    You can pre-plan missions in advance on your PC  https://flylitchi.com/hub  save mission and load on your phone or tablet.
    You can only start one app, or litchi or DJI go 4.
    You can fly much further than your RC on GPS-waypoints, be sure your last waypoint is near you.
    You can do a orbit on a point of intrest( a nice 360 round a gps point) (one remark when lost signal Mavic is hover and NOT return to home, even set RTH when connection is lost.
    You can active track or bettter you can use follow me. You can even give a friend a phone with magic leash on it and the Mavic follow that friend.
    Panorama shooting is easy with one button hit.
    Futher it has all the options and flightmodes djigo4 have.
    Litchi works with the engineers of DJI and shared common faults. Therefore use always latest firmware of your Mavic.

need some more information?
    https://flylitchi.com/help

need information how to go higher and further PM me
    2017-11-16
    Use props
    New
    Mauritius

I tried litchi about 18 months ago and after a few flights with a P3A I bought it the same day. Never regretted it.

Horses for courses, some will prefer go others litchi.

I now fly it with my mavic and still very happy.
    2017-11-17
    Use props
    New
    Mauritius

This was my very first waypoint video with litchis. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P6AnthzJ728
    2017-11-17
    Use props
    Jos A
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 73209 ft
    Netherlands

897 Posted at 2017-11-17 05:37
    This was my very first waypoint video with litchis. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P6AnthzJ728

Well nice job , was it a waypoint with camera on POI, or interpolair?
    2017-11-17
    Use props
    CycleParadise
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 385338 ft
    United States

Since I'm a new flying, I've been using the DJI Go4 app. I looked at Litchi but don't know that I want to spend that kind of money without being able to test the app and understand what it's going to provide that GO4 doesn't.
    2017-11-17
    Use props
    Mari
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 1308780 ft
    Netherlands

dspecgsx Posted at 2017-8-19 17:29
    I use DJI Go4 and DJI GS Pro for waypoint automated flying.  All free.
    http://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro

Same here...
    2017-11-17
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules