Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rafi_m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
India

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-19 04:26
video feed is same as DJI GO4, I never tested the cardboard view

Thank you so much for quick response, il try it out..
2018-3-19
Use props
Tooter Turtle
Second Officer
United States

Go DJI GO!
2018-3-25
Use props
The Farmer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 165495 ft
United States

I use both like many here. Each has their strong points and the cost of Litchi is minimal compared to the hardware itself. I planned a 31 point mission on my farm last night while sitting at my computer and will fly it later today to inspect some areas. Took just minutes and don't have to fly the mission to save it. The "relative to ground" feature and ability to manage the gimbal and rotation for each waypoint is great. I use the DJI Go4 app for all manual flying and when I want to use one of the flight modes like tracking. Both apps run solid on my iPad and never had a control problem. Just remember where the "cancel mission" button is and keep LOS until you know your mission planning is correct... human error is the main issue for either app.
2018-3-25
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

Dji Go : I don't need more !
2018-4-10
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

This weekend I tested Litchi and DJI go4.
Panorama's sphere mode DJI go 4 over-exposed almost hard to correct in software.(contact DJI thor and will be sent to engineers), Litchi, little exposed can be corrected!!!.
Follow me(gps unit samsung a5 2017) DJI Go 4.1.22 and 4.2.6 failed. Litchi works flawless.

2018-4-10
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I really want to try out Litchi from all the good things I have heard about it. Will probably be my next purchase.  
2018-4-10
Use props
azzamen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14616165 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I use Litchi because I need to make 50 to 70 panoramas per day. Yes, DJI Go 4 take panorama for 10 sec faster than Litchi, but it take 34 photo for that and Litchi only 23. So stitching is faster for Litchi.
And main DJI Go can’t take 360 panorama, the photo is overexposed always. It is shame, DJI.
2018-4-10
Use props
UAVTom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

For me Litchi has been a much more stable and user friendly app.  
2018-4-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use both, but I prefer Litchi.
2018-4-18
Use props
BoMu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 587290 ft
Netherlands

I try out in moment Litchi, before I used Autopilot and I'm happy with that (see videos with Follow and Orbit Mode). Flying by "Hand" I use DJI Go 4.

2018-4-21
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Finally purchased Litchi and I must say I am very impressed.  It's active track is MUCH more accurate than DJI GO 4.  Also I like how you can use about any FPV goggles($5 walmart ones work).  Also it's waypoints is so much better.  But for everday flying I still use DJI Go 4.  But for active track, goggles, or waypoints it's Litchi without a doubt.
2018-4-24
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Go. It's free. Does Litchi log your stats when flying with this app? Does DJI stand behind their product when you're flying with Litchi?
2018-4-24
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-8-19 21:11
Only for IOS on iPads

damnit.  they are really trying to make me buy an ipad...
2018-5-3
Use props
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

I've been using both Litchi and DJI go
What I like about Litchi is;
1. Waypoints of course (the best)
2. Panorama
3. POI
4. distance

Negatives;
Video is soft out of focus at times using the same microsd card and auto camera settings when compared to DJI go app. The overall exposure is a little off gimble down or up causes quite abrupt changes with Litchi in my opinion.

What I like about DJI go is;
1. The camera works better, better video and better manual control than Litchi.
2. Stability of the aircraft
3. Smooth manual flying and responsiveness is better with DJI go.

So they both have their advantages in my opinion and I use them depending on what I want to work on. If DJI go app had waypoints I'd probably use DJI go all the way, just the safer bet if something happens.

2018-5-7
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c Posted at 2018-5-7 14:07
I've been using both Litchi and DJI go
What I like about Litchi is;
1. Waypoints of course (the best)

Quality of footage is the same because they using same firmware and the DJI sdk.
I using Litchi since P2 , never had any camera issues ever
2018-5-8
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-19 17:44
is GSP on android as well?  i cant find it on andriod

GPS functionality is always available in Android providing the mobile device that you use also has GPS chip built in.  IMHO 99.99% of Android devices will have GPS as standard.
You could easily test that by downloading an Android app that tests for GPS functionality. eg. GPS Test and about a dozen others as well.
2018-5-8
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-8-22 03:46
We are talking about two different things. The 500m limit I am taking about is the radius from the homepoint imposed by DJI Go - the furthest waypoint you can set from your take off point.

Though impossible to fly that far my Mavic Air shows a a 8000m maximum distance through DJI GO 4
2018-5-8
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-8-21 11:51
Some great feedback so far though gents. I keep contemplating making the investment in Litchi as generally it gets good feedback. Not played about yet with waypoints so will give that some time first on GO 4.

If you have an Air it will not be available.  Somewhere I read that it`s only available for Pro.
If the waypoint feature is available for Air through DJI GO 4 that is all that I most probably use.

You could look at Aer Ranger for a free app that is very capable.
2018-5-8
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I hear Litchi sometimes is buggy?
2018-6-17
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Depending what kind of phone or tablet you are using. If you have any issues, mail Litchi and they send you a debug recognise version , so they can identified your problem and fixed it. A few days later you got already a fixed version.
The support is great.
2018-6-18
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

New to the third app scene is DJI GO mod  missions. (create, save , load and fly waypoints missions.
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ij.mission&hl=en_US

You don't need litchi anymore to fly a waypoint mission, but you need a modded dji go 4 app.(for spark).
I don't know if you need a mod app for the mavic because the mavic has already waypoints missions.
I will test this app in the weekend.

2018-6-18
Use props
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891404 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Go4 for regular flying, Litchi for waypoints.
2018-6-18
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

I've said it before:

The Litchi app's ability for the Mavic Pro to have pre-prgrammed flights with smooth waypoints can't be beat. I wish DJI would turn that on in their app.
The Pano option in Litchi is really fun!
I like that Litchi automatically syncs my flight logs with Air Data, instead of having to manually upload from the DJI app.

The DJI app will do the updates as long as your wireless signal doesn't crap out. I wish DJI would let 3rd party apps do this function, but I imagine they don't, to cover themselves.

So I flop back and forth between the two.

The other thing is that I had to set my USB connection to debug, since the Litchi app always butts in and takes over from the DJI app. Glad I discovered THAT.
2018-6-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nancy SEO Posted at 2018-6-18 11:04
I've said it before:

The Litchi app's ability for the Mavic Pro to have pre-prgrammed flights with smooth waypoints can't be beat. I wish DJI would turn that on in their app.

What do mean by that last statement?  
2018-6-18
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-6-18 11:22
What do mean by that last statement?

That I've made these statements in other posts.
2018-6-19
Use props
fansa3d3d0c3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25958 ft
Malta

DJI Go can be used to perform certain settings which Litchi does not have. But Litchi is a better program to use.
2018-6-22
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

No Pixel Problems, I wont use DJI GO until it gets stable
2018-6-27
Use props
djiuser_IOvkQ6Na5N07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9954 ft
United States

Hi - first time poster, long time lurker.
I am fairly new to drone software - using for a few months, flying a Mavic Pro, planning drone upgrading in the near future, one of my main reasons for using drones will be natural resource conservation activities like mapping, monitoring and site analysis. One of my biggest hurdles at present is getting a handle on software, even the DJI offerings, I have looked at DJI, Drone Deploy, Hive and Litchi and while they are amazing in what they offer, they are also amazing on how little they offer about how to use them, how much they cost, platforms that can use them, and more. So, in addition to forums like this one, what are the resources. I do not mean to hijack this thread.
BTW - using DJI GO 4 for now.
2018-6-28
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I love to fly so I use DJI GO 4, I never use Intelligent flight modes (besides testing them in the beginning) and because of this never felt need to try Lichy or GSP, but who knows might be someday
2018-7-9
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Today I tried GSP - very strange feeling not to control Your drone made a 3D map - took shots and then DJI had no software for doing it? Now waiting for 2 hours for map to be finalized and 99 points? Not my cup of tea
2018-7-10
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

I use both on Android (note 8 and Gal tab S3 2017) and iOS (mini4). Litchi is best right now given the issues ongoing with Go4.

I used Litchi more for waypoints, but now for basic flights as well. No disconnects, no lags, no choppy transmissions.

On Go4 4.2.20 Video is horrible on S3 in HD mode (which is why I bought a MP) but was fine up to 4.2.16 and after.
Note 8 seems to be ok to a degree, though I did get "aircraft disconnected"

iOS my mini4 works on both apps as well, but from time to time get chopped up blocks in the video feed on latest Go4 app. My guess is the mini4 now sits on the ledge of what works and what does not given its A8 spec and 2G ram. Go4 is a resource hog. It's like running Adobe Premiere or After Effects renders on a 4G ram i5.
2018-7-13
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-19 18:08
I use both Litchi and DJI GO so I answered other. The survey is faulty for me because it's not an either or choice nor is one better or worse than the other.  They each have their strengths for different purposes. For all over Mavic Control (on IOS anyway...on Android with the crashes it might be another matter), I use DJI Go. For getting good cinematic results and really smooth professional video I use waypoint mode in Litchi.  I also like the voice feed back for flying in Litchi but will generally use DJI GO4 because it gives me access to features and settings not yet exposed in DJI Go.

Hi WolfgangStiller using Litchi is it possible to upload data on Dji go4?
2018-8-1
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-8-1 00:54
Hi WolfgangStiller using Litchi is it possible to upload data on Dji go4?

I am not sure what you mean by "upload datea on DJI go4".  You can upload your flight data to Airdata if that's what you are thinking about. If you want DJI Go4 to know about your Litchi flights, then I am not aware of a way to do that.
2018-8-5
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2018-8-5 10:01
I am not sure what you mean by "upload datea on DJI go4".  You can upload your flight data to Airdata if that's what you are thinking about. If you want DJI Go4 to know about your Litchi flights, then I am not aware of a way to do that.

Hi I mean upload to DJI go cloud to save flights managed by Litchi
2018-8-5
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-8-5 11:53
Hi I mean upload to DJI go cloud to save flights managed by Litchi

I don't think that's supported yet.
2018-8-8
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 283904 ft
Canada

Guys, how does Litchi work with Android phones? Specifically with Nexus 5? Anyone use it? I don't mind paying for an app, but an app that will work flawlessly. Thanks

Danny
2018-8-8
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Ask the litchi guys if it works on your Nexus 5.
2018-8-8
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Canada

Jos A Posted at 2018-8-8 22:14
Ask the litchi guys if it works on your Nexus 5.

I'd like to but there is no email address on their website. Their site states to download and pay for the app and if it doesn't work, to get a refund. All of this has to be done in the first 2 hours of the purchase. Hummm, troubleshooting a new App might actually take more than 2 hours in order to ascertain if Litchi works with my phone or not.
2018-8-10
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

I always send email to vctech@flylitchi.com
and get an answer very soon
2018-8-10
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Canada

Jos A Posted at 2018-8-10 06:34
I always send email to  
and get an answer very soon

OK thanks mate, I'll send them an email right away.
2018-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules