Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO or Litchi? Preference?
12345Next >
28553 170 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just wondering what you guys prefer to use and why. I find the DJO GO app ok for what I’ve been using so far but...is it worth investing in 3rd party applications?
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 518 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-8-19
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i use DJi go 4 as of right now.. Litchi has real potential but i dont know,  but we'll see

plus to my eye dji go looks better..
2017-8-19
Use props
dspecgsx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 810636 ft
United States

I use DJI Go4 and DJI GS Pro for waypoint automated flying.  All free.
http://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro
2017-8-19
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dspecgsx Posted at 2017-8-19 17:29

is GSP on android as well?  i cant find it on andriod
2017-8-19
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I use both Litchi and DJI GO so I answered other. The survey is faulty for me because it's not an either or choice nor is one better or worse than the other.  They each have their strengths for different purposes. For all over Mavic Control (on IOS anyway...on Android with the crashes it might be another matter), I use DJI Go. For getting good cinematic results and really smooth professional video I use waypoint mode in Litchi.  I also like the voice feed back for flying in Litchi but will generally use DJI GO4 because it gives me access to features and settings not yet exposed in DJI Go.
2017-8-19
Use props
Tombolian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

The best shots will be made with a computer at the controls.  Litchi is simply better for waypoint missions, which is the intelligent flight mode I'll be using the most.
2017-8-19
Use props
Ferks
lvl.3
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-19 17:44

I believe it's IOS only, I use it and it's really good.
2017-8-19
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-19 17:44

Only for IOS on iPads
2017-8-19
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ok, ill probably check it out on later on.. maybe ill use my GF's iPad pro 9.7 when i get my mavic pro.. if she lets me use it...   because unfortunately my ipad mini 2 maybe broken..i dropped it out of my car and shattered the glass on the road while i was looking for places to fly earlier..  preparing for my mavic pro, scouting it out...wanna fly in differant areas, but nah....my ipad had other plans..   
2017-8-19
Use props
randy.sauder
First Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

I desperately want to use Litchi for all the features that Go4 doesn't have BUT I can never get Litchi to work (on Android or IOS!); Too much video studdering is the problem with Litchi; with GO4 I normally have perfect video....
2017-8-19
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-8-19 21:15
I desperately want to use Litchi for all the features that Go4 doesn't have BUT I can never get Litchi to work (on Android or IOS!); Too much video studdering is the problem with Litchi; with GO4 I normally have perfect video....

maybe outdated specs on your devices?  maybe too many thing in background?  

litchi worked fine for me on my iPad mini 2 when i tried it.. and it worked fine on my Samsung S8..
2017-8-19
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Would have loved to use GS Pro if it was available for iPhone 6s Plus. As of now, strongly contemplating Litchi for Waypoints because of the 500m limit in Go.
2017-8-20
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-8-20 00:33
Would have loved to use GS Pro if it was available for iPhone 6s Plus. As of now, strongly contemplating Litchi for Waypoints because of the 500m limit in Go.

The 500m limit is imposed in the firmware. Go or Litchi won't change that.
2017-8-20
Use props
H83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18156 ft
United Kingdom

Am I right in thinking if you crash your mavic ( not human error ) when not using Go 4 app then DJI won't cover it under warranty ? I am sure I have read that?
2017-8-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't believe people are still using dji go4 when there is a far superior app available called Litchi....
2017-8-20
Use props
Samoth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

I wouldn't use Litchi. It seems to be a great app (greater than DJI GO 4) but if anything happens, they will blame it on you for using a third party app
2017-8-20
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

H83 Posted at 2017-8-20 05:50
Am I right in thinking if you crash your mavic ( not human error ) when not using Go 4 app then DJI won't cover it under warranty ? I am sure I have read that?

Not exactly. They'll still cover it under warranty if they can determine that the crash was caused by a product defect, but that's harder to prove if you weren't using the Go app when the crash occurred. The only circumstances in which it would definitely be excluded is if they determined that the crashed was caused by Litchi, though I can't recall ever hearing of a single crash where Litchi was to blame. I've heard of some where a waypoint mission was badly planned (e.g., the pilot forgot to take changes in elevation into account), but that's not really Litchi's fault. It's a great app that I'd recommend for anyone wanting to do waypoint missions or anyone with an Android device who has found Go to be unreliable.
2017-8-20
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Norway

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-20 05:24

As far as I could see, from other discussions, Litchi missions can go much further than 500m from the Home Point - they can even go beyond the RC reception range, letting Mavic operate fully autonomously.
2017-8-20
Use props
Krevvy
First Officer
Flight distance : 77493 ft
United Kingdom

I'd never heard of gsp until this thread... Just checked it out on YouTube.... One thing that looks a bit annoying is how the drone stops at each waypoint.. is this still the case with the latest version?

Anyway to have nice flowing non stop routes ? (I'd be using with a mavic)

Thanks
2017-8-20
Use props
dspecgsx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 810636 ft
United States

Krevvy Posted at 2017-8-20 15:34
I'd never heard of gsp until this thread... Just checked it out on YouTube.... One thing that looks a bit annoying is how the drone stops at each waypoint.. is this still the case with the latest version?

It does not stop at each waypoint unless you use 3DMap Area option which you would probably want it to stop since you are using it for top down mapping?

If you use the "Way Point Route" option it flies through the route very smoothly.  You can even specify curve size at each waypoint along with aircraft heading and gimbel angle.  

Fully automated and returns to home each time (if you want it to).  Also, they update quite often so the vid you saw might of been an earlier version.
2017-8-21
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I use DGI GO4.
I am very curious about Litchi but I didn't have guts to pay 20 bucks on it.
And it is not because of the price, but I don't know if I will be able to use the main difference it has: the waypoints flight.
Cheers.
2017-8-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-8-20 11:43
As far as I could see, from other discussions, Litchi missions can go much further than 500m from the Home Point - they can even go beyond the RC reception range, letting Mavic operate fully autonomously.

I have flown Litchi missions for miles. The 500m limit is the max elevation above take off elevation.
2017-8-21
Use props
Krevvy
First Officer
Flight distance : 77493 ft
United Kingdom

dspecgsx Posted at 2017-8-21 03:39
It does not stop at each waypoint unless you use 3DMap Area option which you would probably want it to stop since you are using it for top down mapping?

If you use the "Way Point Route" option it flies through the route very smoothly.  You can even specify curve size at each waypoint along with aircraft heading and gimbel angle.  

Hi, thanks for the info.. I'll give it a spin!
2017-8-21
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-19 18:08
I use both Litchi and DJI GO so I answered other. The survey is faulty for me because it's not an either or choice nor is one better or worse than the other.  They each have their strengths for different purposes. For all over Mavic Control (on IOS anyway...on Android with the crashes it might be another matter), I use DJI Go. For getting good cinematic results and really smooth professional video I use waypoint mode in Litchi.  I also like the voice feed back for flying in Litchi but will generally use DJI GO4 because it gives me access to features and settings not yet exposed in DJI Go.

I'll add an additional choice...
2017-8-21
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some great feedback so far though gents. I keep contemplating making the investment in Litchi as generally it gets good feedback. Not played about yet with waypoints so will give that some time first on GO 4.
2017-8-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-8-21 11:50
I'll add an additional choice...

Great--thanks!
2017-8-21
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Think I’ve covered the most likely options, any more I need to add you think?
2017-8-21
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Norway

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-21 07:42
I have flown Litchi missions for miles. The 500m limit is the max elevation above take off elevation.

We are talking about two different things. The 500m limit I am taking about is the radius from the homepoint imposed by DJI Go - the furthest waypoint you can set from your take off point.
2017-8-22
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-8-21 13:59
Think I’vemcoverd th most likely options, any more I need to add you think?

Looks good to me. The results will be a bit skewed since a lot of people will already have voted that might have chosen the new option.
2017-8-22
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-8-22 03:46
We are talking about two different things. The 500m limit I am taking about is the radius from the homepoint imposed by DJI Go - the furthest waypoint you can set from your take off point.

I am not familiar with that limit. I am pretty sure I have set waypoints much further than 500m from my home point. Where do you see that limit documented?
2017-8-22
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use both.  Go for manual flight & Litchi for autonomous missions.

Manual flight with DJI Go:

Autonomous waypoint mission with Litchi:

2017-8-22
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

you running both apps at the same time?
2017-8-22
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-8-22 11:26
you running both apps at the same time?

They are both installed but I run only one or other (not both at once).
2017-8-22
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Norway

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-22 06:06
I am not familiar with that limit. I am pretty sure I have set waypoints much further than 500m from my home point. Where do you see that limit documented?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=972753
2017-8-23
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

I just checked and I have flown waypoints well beyond 500m in Litchi.  The post you linked to doesn't seem to refer to Litchi (I think she is talking about waypoint mode in DJI Go). As a matter of fact, further down in the thread someone suggests that Litchi should be used so there is no limit at all.
2017-8-23
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

All my Android crashes disappeared on my Samsung S7 when I turned the phone's settings to display> mode> Basic and Resolution to 1920 x 1080.
2017-8-23
Use props
brettt
lvl.4
United States

Autopilot. Unfortunately it's only for iPhone, but I actually got an iPhone just to use it.

(go to about 1:30 for it to start, that's the uncut video)

It seems to have a nice waypoint planning mode as well but I've only tinkered with it. I got it for the Follow mode which I think is unmatched.

2017-8-23
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-20 05:24

False. I use litchi for waypoints and i have missions that go as far as three miles away.
2017-8-23
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-8-20 11:43

You are Correct.
2017-8-23
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

Krevvy Posted at 2017-8-20 15:34

It now uses curved waypoints.
2017-8-23
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules