4510 13 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mEhiUnKH4iHP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17615 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi ,, I would like to practice setting up the point of interest flight mode in the simulator,, the icon for changing the flight modes goes away when i go to the simulator,, is it just that way ,, meaning i cant sim that or am i missing someting with setup,, apple ipad ,,,dji assistant 2,,thanks Dan
2017-8-19
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

Make sure you are using the Flight Sim that is included in the DJI assistant and not the one in DJI GO. You should be connecting the Mavic only to the PC via  USB (and removing the propellers for safety)

2017-8-19
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-8-19 21:25
Make sure you are using the Flight Sim that is included in the DJI assistant and not the one in DJI GO. You should be connecting the Mavic only to the PC via  USB (and removing the propellers for safety)

went to the sim on the computer and it does not show anything except flight controls,,
2017-8-20
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Switzerland

Dan T Posted at 2017-8-20 06:34
went to the sim on the computer and it does not show anything except flight controls,,

You still need to fire up the RC with DJI Go working properly.
The control of the Mavic even in the simulator is done through the RC.

Make sure that the RC is not in sports mode.

If it's still not working, upload a screen capture of DJI Go so I'm sure we're talking about the same thing.
2017-8-20
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-8-20 07:39

Hi,,  I use the DJI GO4 app,,,, I have the sport mode switched  off ,   The multiple flight modes icon is on the left side of the ipad screen ,,,and it works,,, I can switch between the different flight modes,,  but when I go to the sim through the go4 app the icon disappears  and only normal flight mode is accessible to use with the simulator,, Now I hook up the mavic to the computer through the usb port, power off ,, open dji assistant 2 ,,It sees nothing,,,, Now I power up the controller and mavic  and assistant sees the mavic and I go to the simulator .... I can fly the simulated mavic around in a virtual boring world but no flight modes are offered at all , when the mavic is hooked up to the p c  dji go 4 wont work on the ipad at all ,, just the rc works and flys the virtual mavic,,, how do you take a screenshot
2017-8-20
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-8-20 07:39

Hi,,  I use the DJI GO4 app,,,, I have the sport mode switched  off ,   The multiple flight modes icon is on the left side of the ipad screen ,,,and it works,,, I can switch between the different flight modes,,  but when I go to the sim through the go4 app the icon disappears  and only normal flight mode is accessible to use with the simulator,, Now I hook up the mavic to the computer through the usb port, power off ,, open dji assistant 2 ,,It sees nothing,,,, Now I power up the controller and mavic  and assistant sees the mavic and I go to the simulator .... I can fly the simulated mavic around in a virtual boring world but no flight modes are offered at all , when the mavic is hooked up to the p c  dji go 4 wont work on the ipad at all ,, just the rc works and flys the virtual mavic,,, how do you take a screenshot
2017-8-20
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Switzerland

Dan T Posted at 2017-8-20 11:02

Seems you have it mostly right.
- Hook up the Mavic (and only the Mavic, not the RC) via USB to the PC
- Hook up the iPad to the RC, switch on the RC
- Fire up DJI Assistant
- Switch on the Mavic
- Start the Simulator and go to the virtual boring world.

On  the iPad DJI GO should have started automatically. Tap on GO Fly. You  should have an normal DJI GO interface with the intelligent mode icon.

To take a screenshot on the iPad, press Home and Power at the same time.

Screenshot_2017-08-20-21-38-48.png

Capture du 2017-08-20 22-24-14.png

2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for ars.fabula's reply, please try like he said, or please provide us with the screenshot if you can't find the intelligent flight icon. We will help to check.
2017-8-27
Use props
Falucskai
New

United States

Is there a way to practice on the simulator before I buy the drone?
2017-9-3
Use props
Christ Daniel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 883606 ft
Indonesia

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-8-20 12:24
Seems you have it mostly right.
- Hook up the Mavic (and only the Mavic, not the RC) via USB to the PC
- Hook up the iPad to the RC, switch on the RC

thank u for sharing this @ars.fabula
2017-9-8
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Switzerland

Falucskai Posted at 2017-9-3 18:08
Is there a way to practice on the simulator before I buy the drone?

Unfortunately not. The Mavic does all the simulation calculation.
2017-9-8
Use props
Chris36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4941 ft
Netherlands

There was a version of the Mavic Pro flight simulator (pre-firmware version  1.03.0000 and with the then current version of the DJI Go 4 app) in which you could vary the wind velocity and direction, switch to different views e.g. from the "cockpit" and select several of the Intelligent Flight modes for practice.  What happened to this more advanced and considerably more useful flight simulator?
2018-6-10
Use props
skan
lvl.2

Spain

Then you need to be wasting your Mavic battery even if you just want to use the simulator?
That's not nice.
2018-6-24
Use props
skan
lvl.2

Spain

It says "activate aircraft"

It would be great to see the virtual camera on the smartphone DJI GO or a first person image on the computer.
2018-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules