Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal roller problem.20 $ to his paypal if someone solves this
1087 23 2017-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Exitpc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 970052 ft
Greece

What i have
P3A + iPhone 6s
All to latest firmware + app

After prompted to make the latest upgrade to r/c ,the wheel gimbal just stopped corresponding!

What i did:
Linked my r/c to my friends P3A and still wheel gimbal did not work
Linked my friends r/c to my P3A my wheel gimbal works
So the problem it's not in the wheel

Next:
Downgraded my r/c to 1.6 (and 1.5.8) and wheel works! BUT i do not have live feed in the iPhone(r/c calibration was made after every upgrade/downgrade)

R/C hard reset was made (C1+C2+movie button+press right upper wheel on r/c)
When i slide my finger up/down on the Dji Go app gimbal does not rotate,BUT it does on Litchi
All to the latest firmware/upgrades
I repeat:Calibrations to r/c was made after downgrade/upgrade

Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance,Stefanos Greece
2017-8-20
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Delete the go app and reinstall it. Also log into your dji account through the app after you reinstall it and make sure your devise has internet access the first time you use it and log in. Delete all the go app files then reinstall it.
2017-8-20
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-20 06:39
Delete the go app and reinstall it. Also log into your dji account through the app after you reinstall it and make sure your devise has internet access the first time you use it and log in. Delete all the go app files then reinstall it.

Thanks for the reply.I did what you suggested but nothing
Why would be the app's fault?When i downgrade r/c the wheel gimbal works fine with the app.
2017-8-20
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I would try the same procedure (with the friend) again but with a different phone or tablet.
This way you can rule out an issue with the device.
2017-8-20
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

quadpilot Posted at 2017-8-20 09:57
make sure you have not got gesture mode turned on, in the the app settings
regards ....also make sure if you are upgrading from an early version of dji app
you have to do it in stages don't just jump from an early version and skip the in between versions

I can not downgrade r/c to 1.8....It always says download failed in the app!Is there a way to downgrade  r/c with another way?
2017-8-20
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

Eric13 Posted at 2017-8-20 10:12
I would try the same procedure (with the friend) again but with a different phone or tablet.
This way you can rule out an issue with the device.

Yes i have done that but forgot to mention it .I will update now
2017-8-20
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

quadpilot Posted at 2017-8-20 09:57
make sure you have not got gesture mode turned on, in the the app settings
regards ....also make sure if you are upgrading from an early version of dji app
you have to do it in stages don't just jump from an early version and skip the in between versions

can you help me locate where this mode is in the app?
2017-8-20
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

quadpilot Posted at 2017-8-20 10:33
if memory serves me right
it is in the camera settings or the main settings

I do not think P3A has this feature.Can you confirm?
2017-8-20
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Anybody get the $20 yet ?
2017-8-20
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

1.All settings on my gimbal are fine
2.All calibrations were made several times and all showed in the app that the wheel works.If the wheel did not work the calibration would never be completed succesfully
2017-8-20
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-20 12:01
Anybody get the $20 yet ?

thanks for that...you really helped.I hope noone else will have to do with this problem.
I am out of warranty and all stores here are asking 30 euro just to check it,not fix it, and i have to add another 15 euro for shipping costs.So the 20$ i am willing to offer is nothing.
Thanks again
2017-8-20
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

quadpilot Posted at 2017-8-20 11:58
i am not interested in the $20
just trying to help the guy out isn't that what this forum is about to help each other?

I will do all that tomorrow.But i seriously think that this is not the issue here because as i already said, using another r/c everything works fine
2017-8-20
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

C1 works fine up/down
2017-8-20
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

...and i already contacted dji...but as i already said i am out of warranty and they prompt me to the nearest authaurised store...2 days away.Personaly i do not accept this solution because i will be charged 45 euro either they fix it or not and i am looking  to buy a used one from someone that had bad luck with his drone :p...or wait for the next upgrade.
I openned this thread to see if someone else had this issue
2017-8-20
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

quadpilot Posted at 2017-8-20 12:39
and your controller when linked to another F3A works that gimbol ok?and with the props removed on your P3A you can start the motors ect and all wotk ok?
and the link green led next to the reset button on P3A is showing up solid green?
this may sound drastic but you may try a hard rest on your controller this would involve removing the battery lead from the pcb in side the controller

my r/c acts the same with mine with another drone.Gimbal wheel dead.I will try this hard reset to r/c though.
Dji had nothing more to suggest.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Have you tried to reset the Gimbal Settings? It might be helpful.
2017-8-20
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

So you've tried rolling the controller back to 1.8.0, have you tried 1.6.0? Does it fail during the download or the installation? Sometimes it does take a few tries. You may also try reinstalling the current firmware. I believe you can use Assistant 2 to update the controller but there is an issue with the driver installing. I believe you have to turn off the driver signing option in you cmos. I believe if you hit the shift key when your pc is starting you can go to the trouble shooting options and turn off the driver signing requirement. You may want to give that a try. Clearly the problem resides in the controller.
2017-8-20
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

Sd card was the second thing I tried because I already had an issue with my previous one(no live feed)
I also had settings reseted.
2017-8-20
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

I have mentioned that I can not install 1.8
1.6 worked fine with the wheel but I do not have live feed on the phone!
2017-8-20
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Unplug and clean the Connectors for the gimble, clean the connectors for the drones also where the gimbal/camera plugs into, check the wires for damage
2017-8-21
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

Bradders Posted at 2017-8-21 00:13
Unplug and clean the Connectors for the gimble, clean the connectors for the drones also where the gimbal/camera plugs into, check the wires for damage

First of all thnx for the sugestion
Why should i make so much trouble though?Is n't enough that the gimbal works with previous firmware?
Am i the only one,that considering the facts,thinks its a firmware malfunction?
2017-8-21
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure if that is quite the right reset you've used there, try :-

To reset the RC

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2 (The two buttons on back of RC), and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote if needed.

And if a good wifi to display device then V1.8 should be there as an option to download.

Could it just be a calibration needed after update ?

Edit :- you'll probably need to update RC to V1.9.2 to work with latest firmware update, that can be done through the aircraft status menu with display & good wifi connection.

2017-8-21
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-21 10:11
Not sure if that is quite the right reset you've used there, try :-

To reset the RC

Thanks for reply
I have done this reset you are talking about.Also calibrate and re-link r/c every downgrade/upgrade
The only thing i can not do is to downgrade to 1.8(from latest 1.9.2?).The download always fails...
2017-8-21
Use props
Exitpc
lvl.1
Greece

Update once more
I just bought a second hand r/c and ofcourse everything works fine again.It was from a P3P that fell from the sky.
When i 1st connected it to my P3A it asked for an update.It was on 1.6 and went to 1.9.3 with no errors.

QUestion.Why my r/c says 1.9.2 (model A) and the new one 1.9.3(model C)?And my old one can not upgrade to 1.9.3....I mean what is going on here DJI?
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules