4K SD video not there!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamie_Mwendwa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

[size=14.6667px]Hi all,

[size=14.6667px]I've just returned from the Greek island of Skopelos where I captured some fantastic drone footage. However I have a quirky problem - 90% of the recorded videos are available both on the tablet AND the bird's microSD card BUT some really beautiful clips only appear to be available on the tablet only (i.e. NOT 4K!!).

[size=14.6667px]Is this a known problem or does anyone know where else to search on the SD card?

[size=14.6667px]Yours, in hope

[size=14.6667px]Jamie
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Do you use the original SD card? According to your description, the SD card might be full, so the mobile device storage space will be used to take the pictures. You may miss the reminder...
2017-8-20
Use props
Jamie_Mwendwa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-20 19:50
Do you use the original SD card? According to your description, the SD card might be full, so the mobile device storage space will be used to take the pictures. You may miss the reminder...

Thanks DJI Susan - I suspect that it relates to me using an alternative SD card but one that contains a previous firmware upgrade. So the Phantom was attempting to upgrade the firmware whilst I was trying to write to it.  Once it had aborted I was able to record but I missed some videos.

Learning point for me - manage my SD cards better!  Once firmware is upgraded, delete the file.  Also - save files off the SD cards ASAP.

I'll just have to head back to the beautiful island of Skopelos!

Cheers,
2017-8-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Jamie_Mwendwa Posted at 2017-8-21 06:49
Thanks DJI Susan - I suspect that it relates to me using an alternative SD card but one that contains a previous firmware upgrade. So the Phantom was attempting to upgrade the firmware whilst I was trying to write to it.  Once it had aborted I was able to record but I missed some videos.

Learning point for me - manage my SD cards better!  Once firmware is upgraded, delete the file.  Also - save files off the SD cards ASAP.

Looking forward to seeing your updated version... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules