Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rename "atti" mode to "crash" mode.
1370 6 2017-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162444 ft
Canada

Had the pleasure this am of having the spark go into atti mode with no warning other than to announce "atti mode" then careen off sideways into a couple of nearby treetops like an aerial pinball. Thankfully it only clipped the branchs and I was able to upstick it out of the trees fairly quickly. Thing is it happened fast! No warning in my recollection. Then almost as suddenly as it happened it was gone.

Being as dji has seen fit to not allow us to practice in manual atti mode for the eventual certainty of it happening, I think they should rename it crash mode as, if you're not famiar with it, atti mode is much harder to control and with little to no opportunity to hone your atti skills there is a good chance the bird will crash.

What about it dji....rename it crash mode in future fw updates? Descriptively it seems to be more accurate considering the likely outcome.

Becoming less and less keen about this little bird. Great idea but reality and the idea seem to diverge between China and here.

Live and learn. Experiencing some buyers' remorse here obviously but kinda feel more flight time should build confidence in the product, not the other way around.
2017-8-20
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145846 ft
United States

I agree. I think it would be helpful to be able to manually switch into ATTI mode for practice. One alternative would be to go out and buy a toy drone and fly that around.
2017-8-21
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-8-21 05:05
I agree. I think it would be helpful to be able to manually switch into ATTI mode for practice. One alternative would be to go out and buy a toy drone and fly that around.

I had a couple of cheap toy drones with no GPS before buying a Spark.
Any breeze blows them away. They can't even hover in one place.
It's great training for flying in attitude mode.
I wish there were a way to manually disable GPS mode on the Spark to practice attitude mode on it.
2017-8-21
Use props
StarFishUK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54970 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same experience yesterday. It was moderately windy and the speed that my Spark started heading for the hills was frightening. It felt like I had not control at all. I flicked it into Sport mode as I was getting nowhere in normal mode (ATTI + Sport + wind = like trying to control a cat with firecrackers taped to it). I got it back on the ground but I have lost a lot of confidence in the Spark and am kind of worried to fly it now.
2017-8-21
Use props
Nikp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Austria

I also think it would be great o practice in atti mode!
i was flying in atti yesterday, but it was from the start, since i got no gps where i was at. there were no problems, but i was a little worried.
I also flew indoors a few times. if you have space its good to practice, but there are no winds to compensate.

So it would be great to be able to practice in atti mode when you have space and feel safe!!
2017-8-21
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly my P3S in atti mode for practice.  I thought I was becoming very skilled at piloting until I suddenly and unexpectedly lost GPS.  Nature owns your craft at that point.  I would like to see a manual way to get to atti mode so that people can practice.  Honestly, I don't think the issue is the craft (the spark).  Unless you've practiced it and know what to expect, it will come as a surprise and possibly a shock to some.
2017-8-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It doesn't give you any more time with inspire or phantom, yes you can practice but you will be practicing with a 2k or 5k machine, I would suggest buying a €50 quad for practicing.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules