9899 11 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Austria

Hi.
I habe 2 Little cuts in one of my propellers. I have not noticed any difference in flight.
I'm wondering how this affects the flight of the spark and when it is important to change the propeller..
any Tipps or ideas?
2017-8-21
Use props
STBi01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33573 ft
Sweden

I also have this after flying indoor. I have not notice any change in flight but i would recommend that you swap to new undamaged propellers.
2017-8-21
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi, to be safe, I change my props if there's any damage to them at all. The props cost nothing in comparison to the drone so it's not worth any risk!
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you do not use the damaged propellers any more.
2017-8-21
Use props
InkedUpDad.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55276 ft
United States

I've seen pilots that have been able to fly and land their drone with significant damage to a prop. However, props are pretty cheap to replace and should be inspected for damage prior to flying. When in doubt, throw them out and protect your investment.
2017-8-21
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I don't think a small cut in the prop is an issue so long as it's inspected before every flight.  If they cut gets to be more then 1/3 across the prop, then I would replace.  But never fly with a chipped prop as it will cause an imbalance and that is not good for the motor and can be extremely dangerous.
2017-8-21
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Austria

Thanks for your opinions.
im sure its always better to fly with flawless propellers and its obvious that dji will always recommend to change propellers when they have an issue.
What im wondering is if anyone has noticed a "damaged" propeller that has had different flight properties than a new one?

I don't think my propeller is problematic yet. The moment it starts acting up, i will change it of course.
2017-8-21
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

Here I crashed my Spark into a branch and you can see the damage to one prop that it took.  This prop damage didn't affect the stability of the Spark one bit, infact I kept flying it after the crash as you can see in the video... but I promptly replaced this propeller after landing and seeing the damage.  I would just use common sense when replacing props, but Sparks can actually fly with some amount of damage to the props.

2017-8-21
Use props
killers.jayanth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33419 ft
India

You Are Lucky that your Spark didn't Fall into the Water and Talking about the Propellers , Its better to Change them rather taking any further Risk in Loosing your Drone. I Had the Same Broken Propellers and I didn't have any Problem in Flying but Incase of High Winds It may Lead to Fall Down.
2017-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

killers.jayanth Posted at 2017-8-25 00:56
You Are Lucky that your Spark didn't Fall into the Water and Talking about the Propellers , Its better to Change them rather taking any further Risk in Loosing your Drone. I Had the Same Broken Propellers and I didn't have any Problem in Flying but Incase of High Winds It may Lead to Fall Down.

Did he not write he replaced the propeller after landing?
2017-8-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Small cracks become big cracks so they are cheap dump them.
2017-8-25
Use props
RexxyBoy
lvl.1
Australia

Better to change it. Small cuts mean less efficient flying which means motors work harder and battery drains faster. I notice the difference, footage and flying is not as smooth.
2019-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules