1409 11 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Germany

Hi there,
have my Mavic since almost 2 months (flew 5hr & 23km).

Before buying it, but also today I still see lots of videos and posts telling you. You will Crash!
Fortunately it still not happen and hope I will go on like this.

Questions are:
Are you still flying with no Crash?
How long did you fly before it?
Which was your mistake or what has been undertaken?

2017-8-21
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I've flown 2000+ kilometres with my DJI quads and have not crashed yet (touch wood).
2017-8-21
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

You are tempting fate here .... I have not crashed yet with any of my large scale drones.

Crashed plenty with the cheap indoor ones though.
2017-8-21
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
United States

Bigga J Posted at 2017-8-21 06:59
You are tempting fate here .... I have not crashed yet with any of my large scale drones.

Crashed plenty with the cheap indoor ones though.

...nothing to fate, It's just to here from someone that it's possible not to crash.
Thanks
2017-8-21
Use props
ColoradoBob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1601690 ft
United States

ixnay on the inxjay

I've had my Mavic since mid December last year with 11 hours 33 minutes, 155,790 meters (96.1666 Miles) logged and I've only had 1 disconnect from the controller due to flying into a radio shadow and no crashes...
2017-8-21
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

almost 3 months, almost 400 km. , plenty of small glitches especially in the beginning, but no crash for now. And because I have several copters before - crashing virtually every flight, breaking propellers - I've stocked them for my Mavic ;)
Cros Your fingers as there toooooo many software in between and hiccups are not unseen ;)
2017-8-21
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

alex_markov Posted at 2017-8-21 08:23
almost 3 months, almost 400 km. , plenty of small glitches especially in the beginning, but no crash for now. And because I have several copters before - crashing virtually every flight, breaking propellers - I've stocked them for my Mavic ;)
Cros Your fingers as there toooooo many software in between and hiccups are not unseen ;)

I would say depends on where, when and how you fly, never crashed my DJI quads but then again I don't fly them like I fly my ZMR, Martian or F210.

Flying DJI I strive for this:

Flying my Race Quads I strive for this

2017-8-21
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

my name is for lolz.  i crashed only every twice under my own command..both times extremely minor, like falling few feet to the ground from getting props stuck in some leaves i didn't see, or one time i flew into my car from outside and sudden drafts it created i guess through it off..it smacked my seat..that was with my second spark those two crashes i had full control over..    however my first ever DJi drone, which was 1 of 2 sparks i owned was physco crazy and ended up crashing itself a lot..completely beyond my control most of the time..

so people saying YOU WILL crash, either have no idea and think its like flying a walmart $50 special drone..  or they just suck at controlling anything.  im sure you and everyone at some point may snag it up on something but there is a clear difference i think between crashing and a small bump..  like my clipping of leaves and falling to the ground wasn't very forceful and in fact hardly what i call a crash since my spark got right back up on its own..
2017-8-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-21 08:38
I would say depends on where, when and how you fly, never crashed my DJI quads but then again I don't fly them like I fly my ZMR, Martian or F210.

Flying DJI I strive for this:

those race quads look like great fun - huge skill invloved - i think its pretty amazing - cool clip
2017-8-21
Use props
Ready4Launch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51401 ft
United States

I think Occam's razor applies here.  Just like motorcycles.  There are those who have fallen, and those who will.
2017-8-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been flying my Mavic since March, with no crashes, flown my P3A for over a year no crashes. I fly small drone even now just to keep my skills fresh and try to get as much flying in the wind as I can. So if the day come I can hopefully avoid a crash. I believe crashes can be avoided unless a malfunction happens.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Practice makes perfect. I would recommend you to do a fully pre-flight checklist every time. In case that the crash happens, our engineers will do data analysis to check the exact reason.
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules