Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Issues to report with the latest firmware
4957 58 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ix3lplix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145846 ft
United States

TyronP Posted at 2017-8-22 02:51
There's a weird issue with the OTG. To make it work you have to have the RC turned on and fully connected to the spark. Then connect the phone to the RC.

Yeah, I ran into the same problem. Not a big deal though compared to all the other fixes in this new firmware update.
2017-8-23
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I will try the palm launch today to see if I get the flop issue you've experienced.
2017-8-23
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Can I add a suggestion to the gesture modes.. if you do a "dab" gesture, the spark flies into your face.
2017-8-23
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-8-23 06:26
I will try the palm launch today to see if I get the flop issue you've experienced.

I've been unable to reproduce it since that one time.  I've really no clues as to the cause or contributing factors.
2017-8-23
Use props
J.G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 172562 ft
United States

Finally!, Dronie and Helix working perfectly after the latest update, both modes recognize the different distances that I put them.

Sweet
2017-8-23
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Captain
Flight distance : 182215 ft
Argentina

RoyTeo Posted at 2017-8-23 02:47
I had the same issues as you. i tried multiple OTG adapters, i also tried multiple micro usb to usb c converters, all couldn't work on my S8. Until i decided to use everything that came from Samsung. I used the samsung micro usb cable, used the microusb to usb c converter that came with the S8 an i used a S7 Microusb OTG...and this worked!!
Since the S8 OTG converter is a USBC, this won't plug into the controller, that's why i used the S7 OTG which is micro USB.
Another thing you can try is to use your own OTG to the controller but use the samsung USB C cable, or a mocro usb cable WITh the samsun converter..

Glad you feel my pain and i'm not just being a tool...... Much appreciated for the reply and the info. I am going to try the original samsung cables this weekend so i'll let you know how things went.
2017-8-23
Use props
FatboyLarry
United Kingdom

Evening all! Just updated aircraft, battery and controller. Now seems to take an age for the controller to find the Spark. Red light flashes, then goes solid and after about 30 seconds finally turns green.

Any one else seeing this behaviour
2017-8-23
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 858993 ft
United Kingdom

vasi Posted at 2017-8-23 00:51
Try this method for 2.4ghz with RC, it works perfectly and increases the distance by a lot.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-104427-1-1.html

thanks for the suggestion i already have an otg cable on its way but still you would expect such a well known issue would have been solved by now
2017-8-23
Use props
Ques37
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27169 ft
United States

fans686bc0ac Posted at 2017-8-21 12:13
As per this update, the OTG cable is dead.

I spoke to two customer service reps who both stated that it was disabled due to "glitches" and that "Wi-Fi is more reliable."

OTG still works for me.
2017-8-23
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162444 ft
Canada

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-23 06:29
Can I add a suggestion to the gesture modes.. if you do a "dab" gesture, the spark flies into your face.

lol! Funny stuff right there!
2017-8-23
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

app keeps crashing, i deletet it and re downloaded we will see what happens
2017-8-23
Use props
TyronP
First Officer
Flight distance : 70259 ft
United States

Gesture control is iffy. Sometimes the wave works and sometimes it doesn't. Same with trying to record video. But all other gesture works perfectly.
2017-8-23
Use props
fansf7fa979c
Captain
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only three test flights so far. The last two flights had an issue with range. This wasn't a signal issue. It was as if I had set a range limit, but I had not. Attempted to adjust the range but nothing worked.
2017-8-23
Use props
larrymull
lvl.4
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

Just took the spark for a spin after the update. No issues to report as such, I was able to switch the Wifi to 2.8 and when I flew it out in normal mode I only managed to get 350 metres before the RC lost transmission with the spark. I flew it back home and then went up with sports mode and could fly it over 1KM away. I did have an issue of lost of signal and the command of RTH not responding, but I eventually managed to get it home. Other than that at this stage there seems no difference since the last update.
2017-8-23
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

Even i experienced the same!! not on palm launch but on initial take of from the ground.. the AC lifted few cm up and dropped on the floor.. but properller was still rotating.. then it didnt happen for the next attempts.
2017-8-23
Use props
RoyTeo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45194 ft
Singapore

fansdd190fdf Posted at 2017-8-23 16:15
thanks for the suggestion i already have an otg cable on its way but still you would expect such a well known issue would have been solved by now

so..you got it to work?
2017-8-26
Use props
fans7b0d1496
New
Flight distance : 6260 ft
United Kingdom

since latest update it seems to chnage the Wi-Fi password, since I only use iPhone to fly I have to reset Wi-Fi to factory to reconnect to it, I've even tried changing the password myself to s9mething I could rembr however it will only work once or twice but will eventually stop accepting all the passwords that I know including the factory one. any one else had this issue ? I have had the spark for about three weeks now love it otherwise I also have a inspire 1 though fly the spark more for convenience.
2017-8-27
Use props
Spookymike
First Officer
Germany

I am not very happy after the update regarding WiFi Range. Did some flights just via Samsung G S7 on 2.4 Ghz here in Germany. Video feed was very poor with some Signal Loss at less than 30 Meters. There have been some RC Link Loss too in no bigger distance than that! Viewing the Log file there are some confusing messages like "ActiveTrack Flight Stopped__Aircraft Entering Restricted Area"
As always i fly in "Airplane mode" with all other transmitions off!
Example of a Smartphone Only flight:
https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... ENERALNotifications

Using the controller without OTG (I have not been able to test it yet) is a little bit better but not as good as it used to be prior to the update:-(
Video link is poor wiht some drops in the video feed, mostly while doing some yaw
Example wiht Remote:

What i also noticed is the fact that sometimes the message "Homepoint has been updated ..." does not show up at launch, but it is shown in the
map.

I know reaching 500 meters in EU is only good in best conditions, but 200-300 meters should be able to reach in all circumstances without video dropouts :-(

2017-8-27
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

Problems detected and aggravated after APP / Firmware update (DJI GO 3.1.15 2017/08/25; Firmware V1.6.0.80 2017/06/05):  IPhone 6s  - Loss of connection between OSMO / iPhone  - Poor stabilization or zero  - Films in LapsTime but does not record in memory. It only records 01 second.
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules