Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How long does it take to repair Osmo Mobile?
2611 19 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ruslanmk
lvl.1
Israel

The answer is at least 4 months, and counting...
My OSMO Mobile got broken, after few emails with videos about my problem I was asked to send it in.
I did in last May. DJI got it few days later, it took them 10 days to send me Phantom 3 Standard

My Phantom 3? I have no idea, but because it is old and I have Mavic, I didn't want it.
So my saga begins here. For about a month I was in contact with DJI support that simply didn't reply to my emails.
After I finally sent an angry email I got an reply with UPS label to send it back.
So I did. DJI got on July 21st.
And nothing happens. After a few more emails I got an email 'How was our support? servey'
And again after few emails I was asked to call to support and ask to speak with a manager.
I called, and guy named Carlos said that he can solved my problem and no need to talk to the manager.
So he told me to wait (of course) extra few days and I should get an email confirmation.
That's it? I'm like waiting for 4 month to get my OSMO Mobile back.
It is 'only' 30 days since they got their Phantom 3 back.
I haven't heard about prolonging my warranty due to their issues.
But good news that my case is approved (this is what Carlos told me).

Great service, hah?

2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ruslanmk, we understand you’re experiencing difficulties and so sorry for the unpleasant experience and all troubles that have bee caused, we will try our best to get it addressed for you soon.
The case has been escalated to local team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you. And this situation will be forwarded to our management department to pay attention and we will keep improving our customer service to make your experience with us better in the future.
2017-8-21
Use props
ruslanmk
lvl.1
Israel

New Osmo Mobile arrived

I'm not sure about the warranty. How it will work? I just lost 4 month of warranty and based on experience OSMO mobile can break
I really had bad experience, I do love DJI products, just hope it won't break again.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ruslanmk Posted at 2017-9-11 23:47
New Osmo Mobile arrived

I'm not sure about the warranty. How it will work?  I just lost 4 month of warranty and based on experience OSMO mobile can break

Sorry for the trouble it causes. We will help you solve the problem. Thanks for support.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ruslanmk Posted at 2017-9-11 23:47
New Osmo Mobile arrived

I'm not sure about the warranty. How it will work?  I just lost 4 month of warranty and based on experience OSMO mobile can break

We understand how you feel, please PM me the serial number of handle.
We will learn from this case and do hope this issue will not happen again.
2017-9-13
Use props
ruslanmk
lvl.1
United States

After few uses the brand new Osmo Mobile died again
Now it has 1 year passed from original purchase so I guess there is no warranty. And the fact that I waited few month for replacement is not in interest to anyone
Is there anything I can do?

Previous handle serial numbers:
Product Name        Serial Number        Quantity
Osmo Mobile Gimbal Module        103KDI27011954        1
Handle        0BSDDJ0600015N

Current (new that I got) serial numbers:
0BSDDI1200012P
Gimbal: 103LD8F00C023V

Video os the problem

2017-12-1
Use props
fans8ecd3a55
lvl.1
United States

My osmo mobile just arrived at the dji facility yesterday and it has a broken arm on the gimbal, not bad, really minor. How long should it take? I'm just curious but also have work to do so kind of need it back soon hopefully.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8ecd3a55 Posted at 2017-12-5 17:22
My osmo mobile just arrived at the dji facility yesterday and it has a broken arm on the gimbal, not bad, really minor. How long should it take? I'm just curious but also have work to do so kind of need it back soon hopefully.

Hello, Sir, it usually takes 6-8 business days for repair service once the package is registered in our system, exclude delivery time.
Please let me know if you need any assistance during repair process, I will do my best to help, thanks.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ruslanmk Posted at 2017-12-1 22:54
After few uses the brand new Osmo Mobile died again
Now it has 1 year passed from original purchase so I guess there is no warranty. And the fact that I waited few month for replacement is not in interest to anyone
Is there anything I can do?

Hi, Ruslanmk, sorry for the late response.
I checked the video, the device needs to be sent in for repair service, but your Osmo Mobile has been out of warranty period, you will need to pay for the repair.
2017-12-7
Use props
ruslanmk
lvl.1
Israel

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-7 03:59
Hi, Ruslanmk, sorry for the late response.
I checked the video, the device needs to be sent in for repair service, but your Osmo Mobile has been out of warranty period, you will need to pay for the repair.

I think I'm done with Osmo Mobile. The product is not ready to be used by iPhone7+ / iPhone8+.
I would send it to repair but I'm not willing to chaise you for 3 month and even brand new unit will break after few uses.(talking by my experience)
2017-12-17
Use props
AlexRoxy
lvl.1
United States

ruslanmk Posted at 2017-12-17 23:30
I think I'm done with Osmo Mobile. The product is not ready to be used by iPhone7+ / iPhone8+.
I would send it to repair but I'm not willing to chaise you for 3 month and even brand new unit will break after few uses.(talking by my experience)

Damn 3 months is a long time to wait. DJI repair got my Osmo+  and its been 3 days and it hasn't been "unpacked."  I really hope the "6" day quote once they check it in is true, I need mine back by the 8th of January. Did they ever give you an option to pay for expedited next-day shipping?
2017-12-18
Use props
AlexRoxy
lvl.1
United States

fans8ecd3a55 Posted at 2017-12-5 17:22
My osmo mobile just arrived at the dji facility yesterday and it has a broken arm on the gimbal, not bad, really minor. How long should it take? I'm just curious but also have work to do so kind of need it back soon hopefully.

How far into the process are you now? Did you get the Osmo back?
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AlexRoxy Posted at 2017-12-18 09:10
Damn 3 months is a long time to wait. DJI repair got my Osmo+  and its been 3 days and it hasn't been "unpacked."  I really hope the "6" day quote once they check it in is true, I need mine back by the 8th of January. Did they ever give you an option to pay for expedited next-day shipping?

Hi, Alex, since Ruslanmk is from Israel, the device will need to be sent to China for repair service, the time frame may be long.
May I have your case number? I will help to check the exact status, thank you.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ruslanmk Posted at 2017-12-17 23:30

We do apologize for the unfortunate experience with OSMO Mobile. It is compatible with iPhone 7+ actually.
Please keep me updated once the device arrives in our facility, I will help to expedite the process, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-12-18
Use props
AlexRoxy
lvl.1
United States

Hi, Mindy
Thank you for writing back.

Here is my case number you've asked for: CAS-1287113-R3S1F5

I know I must seem very impatient as my Osmo+ recently arrived in California. It's just that I purchased the Osmo+ specifically for this trip ill be taking on January 8th and i'm very worried it may not arrive in time. Is there any way that once its checked in and repaired that they could expedite the shipping back to me? Thank you and I appreciate all your help.
2017-12-18
Use props
ruslanmk
lvl.1
Israel

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-18 21:12
Hi, Alex, since Ruslanmk is from Israel, the device will need to be sent to China for repair service, the time frame may be long.
May I have your case number? I will help to check the exact status, thank you.

Although my 'home country' on profile is Israel, I sent osmo for repair from California and return to California. I sent it to repair in April 25th and received new unit only in August 18th.
Here are all the cases CAS-742759-Y4C3R9 , CAS-815887-L6S9Z3, CAS-599489-R9W1G3.

Case Accepted Jun/25/2017 21:20:25
ReceivedJul/20/2017 18:44:38
2017-12-19
Use props
ruslanmk
lvl.1
Israel

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-18 21:29
We do apologize for the unfortunate experience with OSMO Mobile. It is compatible with iPhone 7+ actually.
Please keep me updated once the device arrives in our facility, I will help to expedite the process, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

It is compatible I don't argue, but 2 brand new units break after few uses only.
I have no intention to send it to repair as you pointed out it has been more than a year since I purchased it (and more than 3 month I was waiting for the repaired unit in CA, US).
I will not pay for the repair so it will break again. Sorry, but I lost confidence in Osmo Mobile.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ruslanmk Posted at 2017-12-19 03:31
It is compatible I don't argue, but 2 brand new units break after few uses only.
I have no intention to send it to repair as you pointed out it has been more than a year since I purchased it (and more than 3 month I was waiting for the repaired unit in CA, US).
I will not pay for the repair so it will break again. Sorry, but I lost confidence in Osmo Mobile.

Hi Ruslanmk, I checked the case, we sent you Phantom 3 Standard instead of Osmo Mobile for the first time, and then we replaced again. We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I will feedback this issue to appropriate department to see what we can do to make your experience with us better, there will be someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently.
2017-12-19
Use props
fansf1ead9f0
New

Indonesia

My osmo have an error.
When I turn on my osmo,
Its running normally,
-the wifi is on.
-gimbal configuration already sucsessfull
-connected to my dji go on smartphone

But... the osmo fan is not activated / swing
And after connected to my phone then on my dji go interface for osmo's camera is not showed and still with black screen.. anybody who have that solution please !!!
2018-3-22
Use props
fansff45b936
New

United States

Whats the usual cost for Osmo mobile repair
my Osmo mobile is blink yellow eveytime I make a big movement like going down angle or moving side to side
and yes I have balanced it and calibrated.
I Have created the repair label, but I dont want to send it in if the repair cost is the same as buying a new one.
2019-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules