Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
4k video
1128 11 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim Watkins
First Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

Hello all,

Any news on if, or when we will be able to shoot in 4k (3840X2160, 30fps) mode reliably again?  That's the mode I used to shoot in almost all the time.  Ever since the most recent firmware "upgrade", 4k is unstable.  Prior to the latest upgrade, many of us were stuck on beta firmware for over half a year.  WILL WE EVER GET A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE?  Unless and until this issue is resolved, I will NEVER purchase another DJI product.  I would have already upgraded to a P4P, but not now.  It doesn't have to be this way DJI, but with me, your time is running out fast!

Sincerely,
--Jim Watkins
(Burbank, CA)

2017-8-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

And the really sad thing Jim, is that I now wish I'd left myself on that Beta firmware. Sure, battery firmware would out of sync with the P4P again, but at least my P4 could fly reliably...
And yeah, I confirm issues with 4K also. Resets on the 2 min mark and video recording stalls.
2017-8-21
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

DJI Susan today said no update and to watch the website. Don't hold you breath...
2017-8-21
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Since moving to DJI Go 4 V 4.1.5 I cannot get this fault to repeat, it was random before when I first saw it with latest aircraft firmware (6th July) and DJI Go 4 V4.1.3 (27th June). V4.1.4 came out on 25th July, and I seem to remember it still was failing. However with the release of V4.1.5 three days after V4.1.4 on 28th; the description of both these (4.1.4 & 4.1.5) is identical in Apple store (Version History) which makes me very suspicious. Anyhow the only thing I remember doing that I have never done up to that point was a camera reset. Perhaps a gimbal calibration. But it 'appears' to be working for me in 4k@30fps at the moment.
It seems like a long shot but you could try same camera reset using V4.1.5.
Nothing would surprise me, I remember VPS disable was introduced on the P4 after a version update, and nothing was ever officially recorded on the notes as far as I remember.
2017-8-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-21 14:55
Since moving to DJI Go 4 V 4.1.5 I cannot get this fault to repeat, it was random before when I first saw it with latest aircraft firmware (6th July) and DJI Go 4 V4.1.3 (27th June). V4.1.4 came out on 25th July, and I seem to remember it still was failing. However with the release of V4.1.5 three days after V4.1.4 on 28th; the description of both these (4.1.4 & 4.1.5) is identical in Apple store (Version History) which makes me very suspicious. Anyhow the only thing I remember doing that I have never done up to that point was a camera reset. Perhaps a gimbal calibration. But it 'appears' to be working for me in 4k@30fps at the moment.
It seems like a long shot but you could try same camera reset using V4.1.5.
Nothing would surprise me, I remember VPS disable was introduced on the P4 after a version update, and nothing was ever officially recorded on the notes as far as I remember.

I was flying (wait, or was that 'my friend'?) last weekend using GO v4.1.5 when the video problem was experienced for the first time. I suppose that just demonstrates that there is a random element definitely at play here (different chipset versions?).
2017-8-21
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-21 14:59
I was flying (wait, or was that 'my friend'?) last weekend using GO v4.1.5 when the video problem was experienced for the first time. I suppose that just demonstrates that there is a random element definitely at play here (different chipset versions?).

I wonder if your friend would humour me and try a camera reset (I can think of nothing else I did, maybe a factory reset, which I've never done before). If it works for him, he could come back and finish checking your roof

I was able to see this failing previously sitting indoors, powered up, motors not armed, and recording in 4k30.
2017-8-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-21 15:05
I wonder if your friend would humour me and try a camera reset (I can think of nothing else I did, maybe a factory reset, which I've never done before). If it works for him, he could come back and finish checking your roof

I was able to see this failing previously sitting indoors, powered up, motors not armed, and recording in 4k30.

When my friend did the downgrade, and then tried the upgrade to the latest firmware afresh, a factory reset was performed prior to each stage. The assumption being that there may be residual settings retained somewhere not relevant to the target level (up or down). Once at the new level, he remembered a previous request of yours to try a camera reset, and this was then done to test. The camera flipped to the right (as it flies) and then slowly returned to centre - no complete failure of the gimbal otherwise (i.e. no 'limp gimbal' syndrome requiring craft reboot). This was done twice to the same effect.

Last weekend was the first flight after 2 weeks with the P4 waiting patiently (no "You don't take me anywhere anymore", no "Are you spending time with other P4s?", and no "Does my battery look big in this?"). After ~2min in the air, the flight video showed him the right leg, momentary loss of video transmission (perhaps not in that order), then appeared good again. It wasn't until the video on the SD card was reviewed that it was realised that video recording actually had stopped at that point.

I'm glad my friend and I communicated so well over the specifics, so I could report it here...
2017-8-21
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-21 16:18
When my friend did the downgrade, and then tried the upgrade to the latest firmware afresh, a factory reset was performed prior to each stage. The assumption being that there may be residual settings retained somewhere not relevant to the target level (up or down). Once at the new level, he remembered a previous request of yours to try a camera reset, and this was then done to test. The camera flipped to the right (as it flies) and then slowly returned to centre - no complete failure of the gimbal otherwise (i.e. no 'limp gimbal' syndrome requiring craft reboot). This was done twice to the same effect.

Last weekend was the first flight after 2 weeks with the P4 waiting patiently (no "You don't take me anywhere anymore", no "Are you spending time with other P4s?", and no "Does my battery look big in this?"). After ~2min in the air, the flight video showed him the right leg, momentary loss of video transmission (perhaps not in that order), then appeared good again. It wasn't until the video on the SD card was reviewed that it was realised that video recording actually had stopped at that point.

"I'm glad my friend and I communicated so well over the specifics, so I could report it here..."

Yes, I think he deserves a beer or two for being so co-operative :-)

Back to the drawing board then.

BTW when the drones in Oz suffer the toilet bowl effect, do they go clockwise or anti-clockwise ?
2017-8-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-21 16:28
"I'm glad my friend and I communicated so well over the specifics, so I could report it here..."

Yes, I think he deserves a beer or two for being so co-operative :-)

Haha - good question, but I think it'd depend on which side the Drop Bear has viciously leapt up to grab...
2017-8-21
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And DJI Go 4 V 4.1.7 just released on iOS.
2017-8-22
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

In another thread today DJI Thor has confirmed the 4k reset issue has been recognised by the engineers. Hopefully a fix is in the making!
2017-8-22
Use props
BEN_M16
Captain
Flight distance : 3148192 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have the new beta firmware .200 and I can confim that the 4k works again ;)

I record a 6 minutes video file in 4K x30fps and the gimbal not reset, all ok.

In the official firmware only 30sec. recording, the gimbal resets.
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules