Spark disconnected during decent crashed into a tree.
456 4 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc_lee
New
United States

I was flying my Spark today trying to capture some shots of the eclipse.  I was in an open field which didn't have trees a good 40 ft radius.  The drone was up at 300 ft high straight up at least I thought.  It was returning home when the drone disconnected during the desent.  When I noticed that the Spark was above a tree, I tried to guide it away from it for safe landing.  Since it was disconnected, it continued to coming directly down on to the tree which was about 60 ft high then the Spark crash landed on to the concrete trashing one of the wings.  This is unacceptable for a drone to lose connection especially when it is moving closer to the controller of all things which made moving the drone out of the way of danger impossible.  How does a $500 drone this unreliable.  I bought this less than a month ago and now it's a dead paper weight.  Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed.  
2017-8-21
Use props
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

It was after ou before todays new update?

One of issues fixed was:

Fixed an occasional issue where the remote controller wouldn’t function normally after updating firmware.
2017-8-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Can yo upload your flight log to link below, just click on link and follow instructions, and come back here and post your flight link. It should give you a better understanding of what might have happened.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-8-21
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm curious as well if you were flying on today's updates or if you were on the preceding version.

RTH has a lot of different "methods" depending on your distance and settings.  It might be worth reading that part of the manual again, just so that one can choose appropriate settings and fly according to the environment.

I for one am super pleased with how RTH functioned after this weekend (lot's of flying and recording at my property in the mountains).  I had a few loss of signal and control occurrences, and RTH worked great.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Really sorry to hear about the accident. Have you sent email to support.us@dji.com? I suggest contacting our support team to start a data analysis and send the drone it for repair. We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules