can this be caused by a bad sd card? (strange artifacts)
1831 27 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

Hello,
My videos are full of problems like this (see screenshot)... Sometimes it looks more like pixellation on some part of the image. Can this be caused by a bad sd card?
I recorded on a sd card that had previously been used by another device so I guess that could be the problem. Just to be clear: the sd card was inside the drone, not in the RC and anyway I didn't notice anything strange on the live view.

Unfortunately I got so impatient to test it with a freshly formatted sd card that I tried to fly the drone indoors and I crashed it (the gimbal is damaged and there is no signal any more). The drone is now on the way to the customer service.

I can't blame DJI for my foolishness of course but if the problem with the artifacts is not related to the SD card, then I would like to draw the attention of the repairmen to that issue so that it can be addressed at the same time as the broken gimbal (hopefully the drone is still repairable).

artifacts on video

artifacts on video
2017-8-21
Use props
DentonPilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1009898 ft
United States

You'll likely get back a different Phantom than the one you sent. I sent a Phantom 4 in month or so ago with a camera issue, got back a different Phantom 4 that is working fine.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you PM me your case number? I'd like to look into it.
2017-8-21
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

Hi DJI Susan,

Thanks for looking at that. This drone was already a replacement because the previous one had gimbal issues.

Here is the case number
CAS-903549-B8R2Y7
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ukaleq Posted at 2017-8-22 04:07
Hi DJI Susan,

Thanks for looking at that. This drone was already a replacement because the previous one had gimbal issues.

Well received, thanks! Have you sent the unit back? Please offer your tracking number and courier, I will remark it in the case log.
2017-8-24
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-24 00:26
Well received, thanks! Have you sent the unit back? Please offer your tracking number and courier, I will remark it in the case log.

Thanks.  Sure, it's there already

https://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online ... do?idc=962319956976
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ukaleq Posted at 2017-8-24 01:47
Thanks.  Sure, it's there already

https://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?idc=962319956976

Well noted. It takes a few business days to update in our system, please wait patiently. We will keep follow up for you.
2017-8-24
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-24 04:30
Well noted. It takes a few business days to update in our system, please wait patiently. We will keep follow up for you.

Hi, any idea what the current waiting time is for Germany?
Thx
2017-9-1
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

Another question: is the new gimbal of the obsidian version more reliable than the old one?
Since mine will have to be replaced anyway, would it be possible to get this new gimbal on the old p4 pro?
2017-9-1
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ukaleq Posted at 2017-9-1 14:24
Another question: is the new gimbal of the obsidian version more reliable than the old one?
Since mine will have to be replaced anyway, would it be possible to get this new gimbal on the old p4 pro?

You'll probably get a refurbished unit
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ukaleq Posted at 2017-9-1 14:24

Per the case log, our colleagues have received the unit and updated in our system. I have transferred to the designated department to accelerate it. Hopefully we could figure it out soon.

As for the gimbal, both old Phantom 4 and obsidian version have the same specs, including the gimbal. No worries.
2017-9-2
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

Hi DJI Susan, I received the quote yesterday that I gladly accepted!
However it is unclear to me if the problem I mentioned above has been or will be examined (it probably needs to be repaired first in order  to do any testing).

If it's just the improperly formatted SD card, fair enough, if not I'd rather spare my drone another trip to the repair shop

2017-9-6
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

ukaleq Posted at 2017-9-6 02:07
Hi DJI Susan, I received the quote yesterday that I gladly accepted!
However it is unclear to me if the problem I mentioned above has been or will be examined (it probably needs to be repaired first in order  to do any testing).

So I have received my "repaired" drone and it took me less than 30 seconds to realize that something was wrong. First the camera went up and down and did not stop. I restarted the drone and after that it was impossible to tilt the camera up and down with the RC.
I thought it might be a firmware issue so I updated everything (RC and aircraft) but it is still the same.

Is there anything I might be missing here?

I can't believe that they did not even bother to perform the most basic test i.e. just switching the aircraft on and moving the camera while on the ground...

2017-9-16
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

There is also the noice of a loose screw inside the drone body when moving it. This can't be a software issue...
So DJI are you going to send me a return label?
2017-9-16
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

Now the gimbal keeps moving up and down again without any possibility to control it...

2017-9-16
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried re-calibrating the gimbal?
2017-9-16
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

no but frankly with a loose screw inside I think it is botched work... calibrated or not the gimbal should be controllable.
2017-9-17
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sorry you're having such bad luck.  Hang in there!
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ukaleq Posted at 2017-9-16 15:19
Now the gimbal keeps moving up and down again without any possibility to control it...
https://youtu.be/5LZExLTB_DM

I could feel your depression very well. Please re-create a case and mark the last case number for better follow-up: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-18
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

Good but I shouldn't have to pay for the return costs. It is unbelievable that the drone comes back with loose screws moving inside.
2017-9-18
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

Just opened this new case:
Case Number:  CAS-1009841-Z9P9B3
Also I would prefer not to wait another 3 weeks...
2017-9-18
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

In fact I have realized that, as someone had correctly predicted, I have received another drone. The serial numbers are different.
I guess it might be the (obviously not repaired/refurbished) drone of another unfortunate customer. That makes the original question about the pixellation moot.

2017-9-18
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Geez...that's bad... But I took mine back same only internal board changed.
2017-9-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ukaleq Posted at 2017-9-18 15:27
In fact I have realized that, as someone had correctly predicted, I have received another drone. The serial numbers are different.
I guess it might be the (obviously not repaired/refurbished) drone of another unfortunate customer. That makes the original question about the pixellation moot.

In any event, to answer your question, no. The SD card will not have any effect on the quality of the recorded image.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ukaleq Posted at 2017-9-18 04:44
Just opened this new case:
Case Number:  CAS-1009841-Z9P9B3
Also I would prefer not to wait another 3 weeks...

Well received. I have remarked the status in the case log and will keep follow up this case. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.
2017-9-19
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

So I have already contacted the customer service twice via the online chat, I've been told to wait until I receive an email and guess what, I haven't received anything...
If I buy a Matrice 200 will I get the same ridiculous service?
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

ukaleq Posted at 2017-9-20 17:18
So I have already contacted the customer service twice via the online chat, I've been told to wait until I receive an email and guess what, I haven't received anything...
If I buy a Matrice 200 will I get the same ridiculous service?

Sorry for your unpleasant experience, I've informed the appropriate team to check what happened, will have someone contact you soon, sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.
2017-9-21
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-21 00:29
Sorry for your unpleasant experience, I've informed the appropriate team to check what happened, will have someone contact you soon, sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.

thanks DJI Diana
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules