Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
crash my first ever flight
663 10 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nabulaer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2562 ft
Israel

Hi,
just got the new spark combo 2 days ago.This is my first drone and I couldn't hold my self and after updates done I went to try it. in the house I have alot of wifi routers for better signal (4). so the app show atti mode and say magnetic interferance. so I went out to the balcony. it shoud GPS signal now and green  status. I tryed to take offf, the minute I did the spark start running fwd toward the wall and hit it, so tryed to land but it didn't work and spark starting bouncing around like a scared mouse hitting every thing around , walls  windows charis , my fingers. I could hear the properlors getting multi hits. it was probebly some seconds but seemed forever until I was able to stop. that was a real scray expirience. result, chafed propelotrs and scratchs on the body cover. the day after I went outside and was able to fly like advertized,no damage TG. had to get back on the horse or I wouldn't fly again.

Is it because of my wifi routers at the house I would never be able to fly indoor ?
2017-8-21
Use props
larrymull
lvl.4
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

I would think it is more because of the sensors saying it is too close to an object and moving away, and then when it has moved away from the object it finds another object. Morale of the story is don't fly inside unless you have a LOT of space e.g. a hall.
2017-8-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5817516 ft
Thailand

And off the "obstacle avoidance", RTH, ....
How about you start on a greenfield, first?
It's enough time, space and opportunity, to chrash the spark even after you got comfortable with it.
2017-8-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 1934931 ft
Netherlands

That is a good lesson learned. Hope I can hold myself when I buy one....
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It's lucky that the drone has been stopped before serious consequence was caused. I would recommend you to practice in the outdoor place with good GPS signal. Also, the reader manual will be helpful: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.4.pdf
2017-8-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 5992858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well it's definitely your environment that was the problem, moving from inside to outside and then trying to take off from balcony which probably contains lots of metal or rebar concrete.
Lucky you still have it, sometimes when you fall at the first hurdle you're out of the race, but you managed to get back up, so your next goal should be get to the finish line without any more falls.
Good luck.
2017-8-22
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

hate to be manual police but for a flying object that can compromise public safety you have to read the manual. i have never read a manual in my life until i got this drone because common sense told me that it could be a very dangerous and expensive if i don't know how to properly operate.
2017-8-22
Use props
tonicboy
lvl.1
Indonesia

The Spark was my first drone as well.  I was super nervous about flying so I read the manual (even though it kind of sucks), then watched all the official DJI training videos (which also kinda suck), then watched several more YouTube videos about the Spark.  Only then did I try to fly it, outdoors with good GPS signal.  After several more flights, only then did I start to play with more advanced stuff like QuickShot modes, Gesture control, etc.  So, to me, I think it's better to be extra safe and take everything very slowly.  You will slowly become more confident and able to deal with emergencies.
2017-8-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Netherlands

tonicboy Posted at 2017-8-22 02:25
The Spark was my first drone as well.  I was super nervous about flying so I read the manual (even though it kind of sucks), then watched all the official DJI training videos (which also kinda suck), then watched several more YouTube videos about the Spark.  Only then did I try to fly it, outdoors with good GPS signal.  After several more flights, only then did I start to play with more advanced stuff like QuickShot modes, Gesture control, etc.  So, to me, I think it's better to be extra safe and take everything very slowly.  You will slowly become more confident and able to deal with emergencies.

Good advice indeed.
Although it will be hard to temper enthusiasm
2017-8-22
Use props
Nabulaer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2562 ft
Israel

tonicboy Posted at 2017-8-22 02:25

I actually spent allot of time on youtube before the purchase to learn and see if this buy is for me.
2017-8-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Netherlands

Nabulaer Posted at 2017-8-22 04:49
I actually spent allot of time on youtube before the purchase to learn and see if this buy is for me.

Same here.
Have not bought any drone 'yet'.
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules