Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Pro / Osmo Firmware Confusion & Record Time / Tilt issues
790 4 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coasteraddict
lvl.1
United States

Sorry in advance for the multiple topics in one post, but they are all VERY interrelated to me!

Since I had a variety of shoots with the Osmo (with X5) and some drone projects, I did not update the firmware past 1.1.0.10 or whatever that first one was that people recommended to the people who both fly and use the X5 on Osmo handle. In recent months (especially), I get a lot of camera tilting halfway through many recordings that I make with the Osmo, and it is constantly cutting off at 9:20 or slightly over 14 minutes depending on the resolution setting that I am using. Both of these issues are really frustrating. We shoot video of announcements, and I enjoy using the Osmo on a tripod to get this footage (also, I prefer the X5 camera over the X3 that I also have).
Well, we had a video shoot for an announcement that Dolly Parton made on Friday at Dollywood. So, I updated to 1.4.0.70 since the DJI support line had just closed at 9pm ET, and I was hoping to both extend out the recording time closer to 30 minutes and hopefully eliminate the lazy camera tilt that happens. I normally do not update that close to a shoot, but I was desperate. I was able to still get a little over 14 minutes, which forced me to stop and start the camera at natural pauses instead of getting all 29 minutes in one shot. We also still endured the tilt.

Here is the video that I had to piece together from the Dolly Parton press event - slight tilt if you want to see what I mean:

Earlier interview video recordings with the X5 were event worse -
So, here are my questions (in no particular order).

1. By updating to the 1.4.0.70, will that be okay for flying as well? When I go to the Inspire 1 Pro page, the latest firmware is 1.11.01.50 - Is there something special I need to do now that I made that firmware update to 1.4.0.70? I need to fly yet this week so need to update ASAP!

2. Does the X5 camera allow for that 30 minutes of recording? I thought it did have that unless I had mistaken it for the specs for the updated X3 with latest firmware.

3. What's going on with this tilt issue? It has beyond frustrating. I did not invest all of our budget for this to happen. We invested over $6,000 to get the job done, and that was a huge jump for us. The results have been lackluster with this tilt issue.

Please help! Thank you in advance for your time, attention, and experience!
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

coasteraddict, sorry to hear about your experience with our product.
Here are the answers for your questions above:
1. You don't need to do anything, just update the firmware to the latest version.
2. There is no 30 minutes limit with aircraft. But the battery may fail to keep that long.
For Osmo, have you tried different SD card?
3. Have you calibrates the gimbal and its horizon to test if the tilt issue persists?
2017-8-22
Use props
coasteraddict
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-22 00:13
1. You don't need to do anything, just update the firmware to the latest version.

Thank you for your time and attention. I will try another Gimbal calibration. As for the recording time, I really never had an issue with the X5 camera's recording time when it is attached to the Inspire 1 Pro. I normally get about 20 minutes or so of flight time with the higher-capacity batteries (TB48), but I always have issues with the record time when using the X5 on the Osmo - between 9:20 and just over 14 minutes, depending on the resolution that I have selected. I have tried a few high-end SD cards. I usually use 32GB that are higher speeds but still within the recommendation levels of DJI.

As for the firmware, I just update the aircraft firmware and then update the Osmo firmware as needed, right? I did not know if updating the the latest version of the aircraft firmware would somehow mess up the settings and firmware version when using it on the Osmo!
2017-8-22
Use props
coasteraddict
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-22 00:13

Update? Before upgrading the Inspire 1 Pro firmware, I wanted to make sure!
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

coasteraddict Posted at 2017-8-23 14:29
Update? Before upgrading the Inspire 1 Pro firmware, I wanted to make sure!

Sorry for the late response, the firmware of Inspire Pro and Osmo Pro will not mess up, no worries.
Please keep me updated about the result.
2017-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules