DJI Mods: OTG officially supported yet in V 01.00.0600?
1221 16 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi DJI Mods,
Since DJI goggles supported now, and as I know, goggles use OTG --> Therefore, can you please confirm if OTG connection between Spark and Phone has been officially supported?
Thanks.
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would not suggest to use the OTG to connect the Spark RC and Mobile.
2017-8-22
Use props
tonicboy
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-22 00:51
I would not suggest to use the OTG to connect the Spark RC and Mobile.

Are you just saying that because it's not "officially" supported, therefore you cannot "officially" recommend it?  or do you think it will actually cause problems?  Because lots of us have been using OTG cables for weeks now with no problems.
2017-8-22
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

@djisusan Are DJI looking at introducing support for OTG on the spark ?
2017-8-22
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

tonicboy Posted at 2017-8-22 01:16
Are you just saying that because it's not "officially" supported, therefore you cannot "officially" recommend it?  or do you think it will actually cause problems?  Because lots of us have been using OTG cables for weeks now with no problems.

I wonder what the warranty or DJI refresh conditions are if we use OTG, which is not supported ?
I guess technically refresh and warranty are void unless we are using the OTG for the goggles ?
2017-8-22
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Spaners Posted at 2017-8-22 01:21

i doubt it since before, the mods were saying it hasn't fully been tested "yet" so they would not recommend it "yet" but now they are saying they would not recommend at all. it sounds to me like they will not be optimizing otg at all but i hope im wrong!
2017-8-22
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Spaners Posted at 2017-8-22 01:21

i doubt it since before, the mods were saying it hasn't fully been tested "yet" so they would not recommend it "yet" but now they are saying they would not recommend at all. it sounds to me like they will not be optimizing otg at all but i hope im wrong!
2017-8-22
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-22 01:33

To be fair the different DJI representatives here use different language with different levels of sanity. DJIsusan managed to recommend yesterday that all spark users removed their props before every flight and ran the motors to check for smooth running without a hint of irony of the lack of real world in what she was typing. I'd take anything she says with a pinch of salt (from a salt shaker with DJI printed on the side) as mostly typed from a script.
2017-8-22
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Convert Posted at 2017-8-22 01:54
To be fair the different DJI representatives here use different language with different levels of sanity. DJIsusan managed to recommend yesterday that all spark users removed their props before every flight and ran the motors to check for smooth running without a hint of irony of the lack of real world in what she was typing. I'd take anything she says with a pinch of salt (from a salt shaker with DJI printed on the side) as mostly typed from a script.

hahaha good point. lets hope they do actually get otg support in there though!
2017-8-22
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-22 02:01
hahaha good point. lets hope they do actually get otg support in there though!

Agreed. It would be good.
2017-8-22
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
United Kingdom

@Convert
What mobile device are you using and dose it support 5.8ghz channels that the spark uses ?
@DJI
We need OTG or we are stuck with using only 5.8ghz with the remote controller and that makes the whole thing a waste of money IMHO (UK user)
2017-8-22
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
United Kingdom

@Convert
What mobile device are you using and dose it support 5.8ghz channels that the spark uses ?
@DJI
We need OTG or we are stuck with using only 5.8ghz with the remote controller and that makes the whole thing a waste of money IMHO (UK user)
2017-8-22
Use props
schmots1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3773 ft

United States

They can't tell you to use it because it isn't supported.  If it was known to cause issues, they could tell you that, especially because it isn't supported.  With my job I sometimes do have to suggest things that are not Officially supported, and I have to be very very clear about making sure that is understood.  For something this small its best for them to just stick to what they are doing.
2017-8-22
Use props
dojoman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

I updated to latest FW yesterday and did a test flight with OTG cable, image transmission seems a lot worse than before. I was barely at 500ft distance image started to lag, it wasn't like this before new FW.
2017-8-22
Use props
DarKOrange
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33573 ft
United States

dojoman Posted at 2017-8-22 07:47
I updated to latest FW yesterday and did a test flight with OTG cable, image transmission seems a lot worse than before. I was barely at 500ft distance image started to lag, it wasn't like this before new FW.

And without the OTG cable how is the image transmission?
2017-8-22
Use props
dojoman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

DarKOrange Posted at 2017-8-22 08:24
And without the OTG cable how is the image transmission?

Haven't tried it I'll test it out today.
2017-8-22
Use props
dezign999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27297 ft
United States

As much as I would like this being officially supported, I'm more glad that it just works as-is. I can't do Wifi transmission, not after seeing what OTG is like.
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules