2677 26 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spaners
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

@ all dji mods
Are DJI currently looking at OTG support ?
In EU and UK we need this as most mobile devices (even those in YOUR recommend list) do not support The 5G8 channels the spark uses
Please give use an answer
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The OTG cable is to support DJI Goggles and the latest firmware supports Goggles. But for connecting with the mobile device via OTG haven't been fully tested, so I would suggest that you use it with caution.
2017-8-22
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-22 04:04
The OTG cable is to support DJI Goggles and the latest firmware supports Goggles. But for connecting with the mobile device via OTG haven't been fully tested, so I would suggest that you use it with caution.

And your answer for EU 5.8Ghz problem?????????????????????????? When to solve this problem Dji???? I don't want use OTG but MUST in EU!!!!!!!!!
2017-8-22
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
United Kingdom

@Arcicorsa
I have the same problem you have, however it is not actually DJI's fault. The problem is that most android devices In the EU don't support DFS 5.8Ghz channels. DJI are using the correct channels, That is why we need to be able to use an OTG connection. So far the only devices that I have been told about, that work on the DFS channels in EU are Apple devices
I know this is not what you want to hear, but that is how it is. NO software/firmware update is going to make a non compatable device start working
Hence we must push DJI to give full support to OTG
2017-8-22
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Spaners Posted at 2017-8-22 04:45
@Arcicorsa
I have the same problem you have, however it is not actually DJI's fault. The problem is that most android devices In the EU don't support DFS 5.8Ghz channels. DJI are using the correct channels, That is why we need to be able to use an OTG connection. So far the only devices that I have been told about, that work on the DFS channels in EU are Apple devices
I know this is not what you want to hear, but that is how it is. NO software/firmware update is going to make a non compatable device start working

Im sorry but i not I agree with you... Look on pictures... In EU we have for 5.8Ghz channel 100-136 (outdoor) ... Spark use channel 149-165.. Where you see Spark frequencies in EU channel table????
Channel Table.png
Spark Chanel table.jpg
2017-8-22
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Here is next documents says channel 149-165 it NOT SUPPORTED IN EU.. In original document from ETSI (official EU regulator) look on page 5 and table 2.... On next document look on page 10 and column 2 in table...  This is Dji mistake...

Etsi WiFi.pdf

90.14 KB, Down times: 3

ETSI WLAN

24_35__5.4_GHZ_international_rules.pdf

699.54 KB, Down times: 2

WiFi rules

2017-8-22
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
United Kingdom

That list is incomplete
channels 149 to 165 are designated in EU as SRD (short range device) channels That is devices with output power between 25 and 100mw can use them and that they do not have to use DFS/TPC protocols to transmit.
As mobile devices such as phones and tablets where not produced with controlling a remote vehicle in mind, most do not support these channels when they are made for the EU market place. In the US there are no restriction on these channels so mobile devices are made to use them.
So in EU they are the correct channels, sorry but that's the rules (and we in the UK are stuck with them too)
2017-8-22
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

Spaners Posted at 2017-8-22 06:36
That list is incomplete
channels 149 to 165 are designated in EU as SRD (short range device) channels That is devices with output power between 25 and 100mw can use them and that they do not have to use DFS/TPC protocols to transmit.
As mobile devices such as phones and tablets where not produced with controlling a remote vehicle in mind, most do not support these channels when they are made for the EU market place. In the US there are no restriction on these channels so mobile devices are made to use them.

The latest version of ETSI 5 GHz document is :

http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi ... _301893v020101p.pdf

page 16, it gives the available channel center frequencies.
The higher one is 5160+27*20 = 5700 MHz which is channel 140.

However, this document is not a law. It is only a (strong) guideline, and it is not excluded that some european union directives DO superseed that. Also, I'd like to see the document that I've not been able to find yet.

As regards French national agencies, the latest document I've been able to find is :
https://www.arcep.fr/uploads/tx_gsavis/08-0568.pdf

which clearly states that the ETSI document is only "informative", and also do not explicitely allow channels above 140.

This regulatory domain thing is really kind of a hell...

2017-8-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like a official advised but of course  "on your risk" info from DJI, how to fly 'non-CE-mode' (FCC) in europe , better.
I will be in September in europe.
So far I have one device, to fly both options and another which can do wifi only (most of the time, connecting only sometimes to otg).
But if Android devices are strikt in "this is CE territory", there is something, that need to be changed by DJI.
How would someone fly via mobil alone, in europe?
Or is the wifi set to 2.4, then?
2017-8-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Spaners Posted at 2017-8-22 06:36
That list is incomplete

Would be a android fault, then.
If the devices switch em off, but could use, DJI should tell google.
;-)
2017-8-22
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
France

I do actually found this european directive :

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-c ... 13D0752&from=FR

or in english

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-c ... 13D0752&from=EN

which indeed allow 149 to 161 channels with reduced power.

Probably this was missed by some android phones manufacturers that did not allowed this band in their devices... (software restriction)
2017-8-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Matioupi Posted at 2017-8-22 07:19
I do actually found this european directive :

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/FR/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32013D0752&from=FR

"Probably this was missed by some android phones manufacturers that did not allowed this band in their devices... (software restriction)"

If it is right, that ONLY android devices are strict blocking, and almost all brands, it looks more its a google function, overruled by the few (which android devices are that, please?), better, corrected, who included this in their CE-rules
2017-8-22
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
France

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-8-22 09:38
"Probably this was missed by some android phones manufacturers that did not allowed this band in their devices... (software restriction)"

If it is right, that ONLY android devices are strict blocking, and almost all brands, it looks more its a google function, overruled by the few (which android devices are that, please?), better, corrected, who included this in their CE-rules

The CE directive document is from 2013. Maybe phones whose Kernel is too old also use old regulatory domain database / mecanisms...

Only thig that is sure is that DJI would make many user happiers if they let them choose the regdom to comply with on purpose.
I own a few WiFi routers and they all let me choose "US" or whatever country, just telling me that there may be some legal implications.
2017-8-22
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Yes all manufacturers of mobile phones, routers, laptops, smart TVs is stupids... Only Dji it can do it good... Hmmm...

Document ETSI EN 301 893 is youngest from 2014 and should be respected. It no Law but is harmonisation document for EU and all other manufacturers respected it..
2017-8-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

"I own a few WiFi routers and they all let me choose "US" or whatever country, just telling me that there may be some legal implications."
Wait a while, soon they will use ip-adress of isp to follow the law!
;-)
Thats like GPS
2017-8-22
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I don't know if DJI are looking into official support... this is the only thing that works for me now http://amzn.to/2xquOix
2017-8-22
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
United Kingdom

5G8 world wide channel lst
2017-8-22
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
United Kingdom

https://photos.google.com/photo/ ... kUZvLoHhS9sBQ-8CoHb
hope this link works
5G8 world wide channel list
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-8-22 04:16
And your answer for EU 5.8Ghz problem?????????????????????????? When to solve this problem Dji???? I don't want use OTG but MUST in EU!!!!!!!!!

Hi, please kindly update your DJI GO 4 app, the latest version had got this problem resolved and users feedback positive. Please check.
2017-8-24
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-24 03:21
Hi, please kindly update your DJI GO 4 app, the latest version had got this problem resolved and users feedback positive. Please check.

Hello, thank for your answer, but i don't have any actualisation for this time on android store, i checked it... My app is still 4.1.5 .. Maybe give link for direct download 4.1.7 app.
2017-8-24
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-8-24 03:45
Hello, thank for your answer, but i don't have any actualisation for this time on android store, i checked it... My app is still 4.1.5 .. Maybe give link for direct download 4.1.7 app.

according to the firmware statement thread the latest version of the app for you android users is called DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.1.5.3
2017-8-24
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Convert Posted at 2017-8-24 03:56
according to the firmware statement thread the latest version of the app for you android users is called DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.1.5.3

Yes this I have, problem still...
2017-8-24
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

Thought you would say that :-(
2017-8-24
Use props
Sliderul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501942 ft
United States

I live in the states so there may differences in our firmware, but I've been using OTG for 6 weeks now and it works perfectly. I suspect DJI hasn't fully tested it so they're not willing to stand behind the capability yet, but I recommend you purchase an OTG adapter and try it out.
2017-8-24
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

I have used OTG since day 1!... More them 300km made... No problems. (android user)
2017-8-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-22 04:04

Is there an answer to the question available,
which is not coming out of the FAQ-Folder for the "callcenter-services"

We got that, for Spark it wasn't planed to use OTG for connecting the RC to the "normal" smartphone.
But still the question is:

Is DJI going to change this?
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules