New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (22/08/2017)
70430 273 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

Nazar78 Posted at 2017-8-22 08:50
If you have more than 1 battery, the others also needs firmware upgrades. You will see incompatible module prompt both in the software and app when you put in those other batteries. Just let it do the updating itself, best to upgrade all batteries at once.

Interesting, I've completely missed this before. I've never had a prompt to update the batteries. I'll need to check out if they are updated or not.
2017-8-23
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

i've done some side by side comparison with .800 firmware since yesterday... tested ISO and sharpness performance mostly.. but i've seen no difference. dji dont want to share info about this probably because they have done nothing to improve image quality
2017-8-23
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

@R_Adams ... May I ask. My English is just survival level. You said that you are prevented from flying in the last update. What do you mean? What happened?
2017-8-23
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sniper+ Posted at 2017-8-22 21:54
Does it solve this problem? https://forum.dji.com/thread-103781-1-1.html

It does not. Not yet anyway.
2017-8-23
Use props
Krevvy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77493 ft
United Kingdom

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-8-22 22:18
I have an Ipad Mini 4 and the keyboardd has a Done key on it. Maybe you missed seeing it.

Thanks I'll try to reboot the iPad later
2017-8-23
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-8-22 17:39
I have a Samsung S7 and found that if I turned the phone's setting for DISPLAY > MODE to Basic (instead of the fancier modes) and DISPLAY>RESOLUTION to 1920x 1080 almost all App Crashes went away and after firmware v. 01.03.09 I flew app crash free.   My first attempt to update failed, but I was doing stuff and that is the first time that happened.  So I did dji asst 2 and all seemed OK, but on reboot of aircfaft and RC I had only gotten RC updated.  Went ahead and use the Go 4 app again and all went well.

I will be flying tomorrow.  So I will find out how it is doing.

Cool thanks Bill
2017-8-23
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I just tried to update my Mavic firmware over wifi. I got a message saying it was downloaded 100%, then nothing more. What is the next step? Also, your instructions say to use DJI Go. I have both DJI Go and Go4. For my Mavic, which app to use?
2017-8-23
Use props
Ferks
lvl.2
United States

The update went very smooth, hope it's a stable release.
2017-8-23
Use props
fanseb0f43b0
lvl.1

France

jpap Posted at 2017-8-23 00:34
Any observations on the "improved image quality" ?

Maybe it's the image quality of the home page of DJIGo 4 ^^
2017-8-23
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Not happy for now with this update choppy movement of Mavic, loss of focus during filming (for a first time )
But I'll give it a try, might be it'll settle in time ;) I remember when updated to .0900 I almost lost my drone - first few flights where nightmare, but it settled ;) Hope for best
2017-8-23
Use props
smexer
New
Flight distance : 113343 ft
Japan

Guys maybe someone can help me. I updated the mavic with the Android App, at 94% the Update stopped becaus of the "battery is under 50%" message, so I canceled the update. Since that moment my rc is bricked, it doesnt show anythin on the rc display, only the power button is flashing white...also the sound so turn it on, the battery percentage etc. is gone...

I tried to update manually with the DJI Asisstant programm on my pc, but the update fails everytime...also the factory reset for the rc fails...

Online Support was no help...

2017-8-23
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

What a sad, lousy update.  2 months since last update and no new features or any real improvements worthy of the wait.  Boo.
2017-8-23
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI GO 4 app has a bug where spinning and tilting the camera would cause a jerk or twitch. Without the app running, the movements are smooth.
2017-8-23
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-8-23 08:40
I just tried to update my Mavic firmware over wifi. I got a message saying it was downloaded 100%, then nothing more. What is the next step? Also, your instructions say to use DJI Go. I have both DJI Go and Go4. For my Mavic, which app to use?

I just updated and had this same issue of stuck 100% while downloading. I just restarted the App and it started the install.  
2017-8-23
Use props
Gixxed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40128 ft

United States

So i have an issue with the mavic has no steady flight. Bounces around in about a 1 foot circle. Use to be rock solid
2017-8-23
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

rreindl Posted at 2017-8-23 17:25
I just updated and had this same issue of stuck 100% while downloading. I just restarted the App and it started the install.

Thanks rrindl.  I had the same result as you when I restarted.  All is well, but darn, these firmware updates are always such a worry . . .
2017-8-23
Use props
BUD_10
lvl.1
Australia

DJ Enertia Posted at 2017-8-22 04:06
Im using a Galaxy s8+ and had major crashes with GO app 4.1.5 and my first flight I almost lost the Mavic so I finaly got things working with GO app 4.1.4 and updates to .900 which were not finishing it would freeze around 50% using my phone so I tried updating using the Assistant2 version 1.1.2_2 on my Pc but the drivers wouldn't load so every time I connected Mavic or controller to Pc using USB the Assistant2 wasn't recognising it,so I uninstalled Assistant2 and found older version Assistant2 1.0.7 which loaded the drivers correctly and I was able to update.

So im little hesitant to try the latest new update until since now all is working well no crashes yet im going to wait until more people post their testing in the field.

I have asimilar issue
It says programme loaded and commes up with new firmware but version finishes with 1000-

2017-8-23
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

travelrikk Posted at 2017-8-22 23:50
One question -  do apps like Hangar 360 still work or not?

Do apps like Hangar 360 still work with the new firmware update?
2017-8-24
Use props
PaulBirman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374177 ft
Latvia

travelrikk Posted at 2017-8-24 00:15
Do apps like Hangar 360 still work with the new firmware update?

Litchi worked
2017-8-24
Use props
Montenegro
lvl.1

Serbia

Updated yesterday, it took almost hour to update. first it was problem downloading update, i think it tried 10 times to start downloading.
2017-8-24
Use props
DaViCToRR
lvl.2
United States

my mavick will be here today...i see alot of people having issues with the update...should i even bother doing it right away? i dont want to start off having problems before i even get a chance to fly the thing...

2017-8-24
Use props
amima42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 851542 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Wow! So camera reload issue was indeed related to firmware, not hardware.
2017-8-24
Use props
fans348db79d
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

I did update my Mavic today and went for a fly.
NOT GOOD.

When is set everything on auto (and also ev on 0.0), the image is way over exposed! What happened here?
The sky is one white area and other bits are over exposed too.
The image is not usable at this point at all. I must set the ev to -1.7 to get some decent image quality.
Am i the only one??

Also when tilting the camera it is very jerky and not smooth image.
Very bad firmware which make my Mavic useless at this point!

2017-8-24
Use props
Eros Trevisan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2828980 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Update with no problem from Dji go application!
2017-8-24
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-8-22 11:30
Why all settings have to be reseted??? :-(

Because the default settings are embedded inside the firmware itself.  Not a good design- it's likely done to curb 'hacking' the Mavic's capabilities; you know how well that's worked out for them
2017-8-24
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

It would be nice if they had a "manage setting" option - where one could save one's settings, and then reload them after an update. Or perhaps have several different groups of settings saved, for different uses perhaps. I'm sure many people would find this very handy.
2017-8-24
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

Just checked if there was an improvement in video quality. Specifically if the bad noise reduction vs. sharpness problem had been solved. It has not.

Sharpness +1 (focus is on the metal bar. Details are good, but everything has that artificial detail look)

Sharpness 0 (detail is lost, even in the focused parts, awful water color look)

The same happens at Sharpness -3, of course.
2017-8-24
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Rol Posted at 2017-8-22 16:35
Lol,  I guess we can't have it all. At least we get a new one for now.

I'd like to see some of Spark features like Spiral
2017-8-24
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2017-8-24 09:26
Just checked if there was an improvement in video quality. Specifically if the bad noise reduction vs. sharpness problem had been solved. It has not.

Sharpness +1 (focus is on the metal bar. Details are good, but everything has that artificial detail look)

For a closer comparison, top right is +1, bottom left is 0. Look at the detail in the plants, the metal bar... I don't think anything has been done to fix this

2017-8-24
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

How can i downgrade to .0900 it was a lot better for me? But is not available???
2017-8-24
Use props
fanscea2abf0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 619974 ft
United States

smexer Posted at 2017-8-23 13:09
Guys maybe someone can help me. I updated the mavic with the Android App, at 94% the Update stopped becaus of the "battery is under 50%" message, so I canceled the update. Since that moment my rc is bricked, it doesnt show anythin on the rc display, only the power button is flashing white...also the sound so turn it on, the battery percentage etc. is gone...

I tried to update manually with the DJI Asisstant programm on my pc, but the update fails everytime...also the factory reset for the rc fails...

My first Mavic did exactly what happened to you the firmware did not finish because I did not have enough storage on my phone so when I retried it all everything went to crap in my Mavic would not hook up with controller app or anything took it to every hobby store brand new mind you so I had to take it back get my money and get a new Mavic word of the wise be careful when doing firmware update seems to me it kim rec the drone good luck
2017-8-24
Use props
fanscea2abf0
lvl.2
United States

DaViCToRR Posted at 2017-8-24 04:53
my mavick will be here today...i see alot of people having issues with the update...should i even bother doing it right away? i dont want to start off having problems before i even get a chance to fly the thing...

Be very careful my first Mavic was a nightmare because the firmware was glitching then it wrecked reinstall had to take my first Mavic back and get the money and go buy another one somewhere else all brand new mind you so make sure you got a pool batteries and your phone or mini iPad has plenty of storage room that's what happened to me or you will have a terrible experience if you do it right you will love your Mavic I've got the 900 series firmware I will not do the newest update seen too many problems
2017-8-24
Use props
fanscea2abf0
lvl.2
United States

alex_markov Posted at 2017-8-24 09:50
How can i downgrade to .0900 it was a lot better for me? But is not available???

At the main screen where it shows the picture of the drone and you pick which drone you have hold the top right button for five seconds and a screen will come up from the past firmware updates I've seen it but I've never tried going back so if you have any luck with that please repost I want to know if you can go back to an older version it is there because I've tried and that little set up a told you will work if you hold the button five seconds three little lines tops green top right screen
2017-8-24
Use props
MaverickPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929367 ft
Czechia

Nazar78 Posted at 2017-8-22 08:50
If you have more than 1 battery, the others also needs firmware upgrades. You will see incompatible module prompt both in the software and app when you put in those other batteries. Just let it do the updating itself, best to upgrade all batteries at once.

Please, can you tell me how to update 3 batteries at once? Thru Charging Hub? Thank you.
2017-8-24
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

MaverickPro Posted at 2017-8-24 12:03
Please, can you tell me how to update 3 batteries at once? Thru Charging Hub? Thank you.

You can't update through the charging hub but insert the rest of the batteries into your Mavic one after another while connected to the DJI Assistant 2 or DJI Go 4. What I meant was do this all at once since you're updating the Mavic's firmware so you don't waste time updating the rest of the batteries while at field...
2017-8-24
Use props
MaverickPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929367 ft
Czechia

Nazar78 Posted at 2017-8-24 12:46
You can't update through the charging hub but insert the rest of the batteries into your Mavic one after another while connected to the DJI Assistant 2 or DJI Go 4. What I meant was do this all at once since you're updating the Mavic's firmware so you don't waste time updating the rest of the batteries while at field...

Ok, that's clear now. Thank you for a quick response.
2017-8-24
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

fanscea2abf0 Posted at 2017-8-24 11:59
At the main screen where it shows the picture of the drone and you pick which drone you have hold the top right button for five seconds and a screen will come up from the past firmware updates I've seen it but I've never tried going back so if you have any luck with that please repost I want to know if you can go back to an older version it is there because I've tried and that little set up a told you will work if you hold the button five seconds three little lines tops green top right screen

I know this, But DJI removed all other FW's but .1000 I have tried from DJI GO4 and from assistant 2   they ruined customer satisfaction being more and more  restrictive
2017-8-24
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9144 ft
Canada

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-8-23 04:35
@R_Adams ... May I ask. My English is just survival level. You said that you are prevented from flying in the last update. What do you mean? What happened?

Hi,

I am a beginning pilot and I don't feel comfortable flying the aircraft without being able to see what the drone sees; I need that as I learn how to use the controls. It is very small and I can lose sight of it if it is too high in the sky on a sunny day. I was building confidence in my pilot skills and this error is a setback.

I am posting another report after upgrading to 4.1.7 and the 01.03.1000 firmware.
2017-8-24
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

Updated last night but found something interesting. Initially I tried from my Surface Pro 3 but found the download would stop and ended with a failed to update. The surface connects to the internet via our household wifi network.
I then swapped to my old faithful Dell desktop which I have wired into the modem and all went without difficulty. I suspect the wifi is interrupted by interference from the Mavic signals.
Hopefully will fly later today.
2017-8-24
Use props
fansa1a0b9ff
lvl.1
United States

I updated both my remote and my Mavic using the DJI Assistant 2 app on Mac, and both were successful.  But when I go to fly, the DJI GO4 app tells me that the firmwares are unmatched.  I have refreshed the firmwares on both multiple times, using different batteries and I keep getting the same error. Remote will connect to the mavic and app, but I just can't take off.   Any help?  
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules