Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (22/08/2017)
70119 274 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mojito
lvl.2
United States

Have a question My iphanoe app software is 4.1.3  and my Ipad app software is  4.0.8 the diffrence in them is some obtions missing from each other but the video feed back from drone sticks more on my Ipad 4.0.8 than my Iphone 4.1.3 .
Aicraft Version: 01.03.0700
Remote Version: 01.03.700
Flight data Version: 00.00.01.04
App Data version : 01.00.01.04
I see nowhere where i can find out what the battery Version is? Does the battery version update automatically when you connect it to the drone.  Can I update my DJI4.0 App y itseft?
Thank you
2017-8-26
Use props
M K ULTRA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5778337 ft
United States

I successfully updated to the new .1000 firmware on my Mavic and batteries.  The only glitch was the message indicating firmware download was complete at 100% and then not proceeding any further.  I shut everything down and then restarted everything and the update resumed with no further issues.  I flew one battery and did not observe any problems during a standard flight.
2017-8-26
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

M K ULTRA Posted at 2017-8-26 12:42
I successfully updated to the new .1000 firmware on my Mavic and batteries.  The only glitch was the message indicating firmware download was complete at 100% and then not proceeding any further.  I shut everything down and then restarted everything and the update resumed with no further issues.  I flew one battery and did not observe any problems during a standard flight.

I thought mine was successful, but now I can't access my Flight Data.
2017-8-26
Use props
fans3e1bffbd
New
United Kingdom

update failed and now my batteries won't change !  just stuck with 2 flashing led's.  Awful update - has wrecked all my batteries !
2017-8-26
Use props
fans3e1bffbd
New
United Kingdom

fanseeba7327 Posted at 2017-8-22 03:32
Tried to update. Came up with an error after what looked like it was almost complete. Tried a second time. Still didn't update. And now my battery has the two middle lights stuck on and will not power down the mavic. Plus the battery's status on the remote is Now also not showing battery power. Battery will not charge now. And I'm unable to reach try the firmware due to battery power to low message when trying to try update again

exactly the same happened me.  started off with full battery - update took so long and then failed.  2 lights on battery, can't charge it and when I put it back in Mavic it says to little power to do the update.  Terrible, terrible update.
2017-8-26
Use props
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

Put your batteries on charge. Even though the lights won't indicate they are charging, they are. Leave them on for about hour and a half or so, and then retry the install. For some reason, the updates are failing. Mine did the same thing with .800, and did it with this update. Not sure if you're using phone to update, or using your PC/Mac. I'd suggest using your computer, if at all possible. I've had to use my computer to update since I bought my bird.

Hope this helps you folks out. Nothing like a downed bird.
2017-8-26
Use props
droneLA
New
Nigeria

Just got a new mavic pro and updated to firmware .1000 using assistant 2

Make sure your battery is 100%
Update the controller first; this will download the firmware to your computer while also charging the controller via USB. By doing this you do not waste precious battery power when updating the drone.
Update the drone next; because the firmware was already downloaded this process goes straight to uploading the firmware to the drone and starts the update process.
Mine took approximately 17mins 37secs.
The drone was updated with all battery lights glowing (apprx full battery)

2017-8-26
Use props
phat59
New
Flight distance : 27454 ft
United States

I just attempted to update and it says "Firmware incompatibility detected between some modules and current device. Update your firmware?" I've tried using the latest version of the DJI Go 4 app, as well as the DJI Assistant 2 for Mac. It fails on the app, and when using Assistant it fails with the following error: 'undefined 0x020106'. The controller has been updated to the latest version (01.03.100), but the Mavic is stuck at 01.03.0500. What can I do to get this to update so I can use it?
2017-8-26
Use props
djiuser_Epv9cJK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 534518 ft
Bulgaria

Fingers Posted at 2017-8-26 13:52
I thought mine was successful, but now I can't access my Flight Data.

Same here. I was not sure if it was some driver mess from a cleanup app I ran or just the flight logs drive won't mount because of the update.
2017-8-26
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-8-25 16:46
.... seems like you stay all day hunting for forum points... go get an employment... it's more rewarding....

Look who is talking...  

Be a man, admit you were wrong and MOVE ON...
2017-8-26
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2017-8-26 03:36
ok no worries only jump on here now and then to be nosy, got my last account banned for giving you guys to many secrets ;)

Yup... You get censored really quickly in here...
2017-8-26
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Had same problem as some others.
Download got to 100% then wouldn't update. When AC battery got to below 50% I turned everything off put a fresh battery in the AC and started again and "updating" then started and was complete in 5 minutes.
2017-8-26
Use props
fanse923f49b
lvl.1
Sweden

Kasiic Posted at 2017-8-22 03:59
No, same blurry video   +1 sharpenning or ntsc/pal restart fix this problem

Do you need to do this procedure ever time you start the droner, or once?
2017-8-26
Use props
droneLA
New
Nigeria

phat59 Posted at 2017-8-26 16:32
I just attempted to update and it says "Firmware incompatibility detected between some modules and current device. Update your firmware?" I've tried using the latest version of the DJI Go 4 app, as well as the DJI Assistant 2 for Mac. It fails on the app, and when using Assistant it fails with the following error: 'undefined 0x020106'. The controller has been updated to the latest version (01.03.100), but the Mavic is stuck at 01.03.0500. What can I do to get this to update so I can use it?

Try reinstalling assistant 2. If you have a windows machine try using assistant 2 on it and see.
2017-8-27
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-8-26 17:20
Yup... You get censored really quickly in here...

managed to get over 100 views before i got waisted hopefully helped out a lot of people to free up there mavics ;)
2017-8-27
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Is disabling users accessing their Flight Data part of the upgrade? It appears to be common that the upgrade was successful, but now the Flight Log drive doesn't mount through DJI Assistant2.
2017-8-27
Use props
fansacd3f96f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148947 ft
Finland

Fixed an occasional issue where DNG files couldn’t be opened.

DNG files still aren't working for me.
2017-8-27
Use props
GrahamG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73369 ft
United Kingdom

Upgraded to .1000. Recurring theme, stopped at downloading 100%. Gave it 5 minutes, then closed the app. Reopened and the upgrade finished with no issues. Fitted my 3 extra batteries and they upgraded too with no issues.
2017-8-27
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
United Kingdom

GrahamG Posted at 2017-8-27 05:50
Upgraded to .1000. Recurring theme, stopped at downloading 100%. Gave it 5 minutes, then closed the app. Reopened and the upgrade finished with no issues. Fitted my 3 extra batteries and they upgraded too with no issues.

Graham G. You say no issues, does that mean you can access the FLight Data files on Assistant 2.  You must be one of the few that can.?
2017-8-27
Use props
Franbcn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3714 ft
Réunion

rikpugh Posted at 2017-8-25 11:23
Latest firmware caused me to lose image during flight, was videoing at the time right above me.
Happened 3 times !

+1

I updated to this latest firmware without any problem. Until now, with previous firmwares, Mavic's flight behavior was great. Yesterday morning I updated to the firmware as I was going to a volcano for nice aerial shootings. The day started alright until I got those image disconnection. Made three flight and in all I had that issue. I had to land the drone turn it off and on again to recover from the missing image situation. At another time I just landed and unplugged/replugged the phone and discovered when the image came back that it was kinda still recording.

While playing the video recorded in the phone I could see big shunks/squares in the image before loosing image. I had no problem with previous firmware

Hope they will launch another firmware soon. Won't flight until then...
2017-8-27
Use props
GrahamG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73369 ft
United Kingdom

Fingers Posted at 2017-8-27 07:08
Graham G. You say no issues, does that mean you can access the FLight Data files on Assistant 2.  You must be one of the few that can.?

No issues upgrading. Don't use assistant.
2017-8-27
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
United Kingdom

GrahamG Posted at 2017-8-27 07:42
No issues upgrading. Don't use assistant.

I think most people are having successful upgrades Graham G;  with or without Asisstant.

But how are you accessing your Flight Data without DJI Assistant?
2017-8-27
Use props
Physical
New
United Kingdom

4 Weeks in with the Mavic, I have one problem not going away - auto climb and auto descend to land, hard to bring her down (slow), I calibrated and updated firmware to no avail, started after updating from V8 to V9, flying is now not so much fun as she climbs all by herself, need some help!!!
2017-8-27
Use props
djiuser_UxBopQ2
New
Canada

I cannot Update Drone from V1.03.0400  brand new and I cant even fly it really disappointing DJI  RC is updated to 1000 so I am getting Firmware Incompatibility error I have tried all methods from Goapp to to Assistant all latest versions. I have had 2x where it said successful but still had error and went back to Assistant and firmware shows V1.03.0400 even after firmware had shown as complete.

Looking for help to Downgrade Controller maybe ?

thanks

2017-8-27
Use props
fans87a46e37
New
Flight distance : 49216 ft
United Kingdom

Updated mine on Thursday all ok, no issues with the upgrade at all, did a quick test flight today and seems to working correct just needed to go in and reset my return to home altitude and a few other things, well worth going through your setting before you start to fly again with the new upgrade installed.
2017-8-27
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Just flew for 3 batteries on the new firmware. The updating was first done over DJI Assistant 2 for the aircraft and its battery; then changed to the remaining 2 batteries in turn and updated the batetries through DJI Assistant too. Finally updated the RC through the DJI Go app.
Several things to note:
- I cannot see any image improvements. Still have to have sharpness at +1 to avoid noise reduction and blobby foliage.
- I experienced gimbal drift - the conditions were "no wind", the AC was hovering with no stick input, yet the image was slowly creeping to the left
- During one flight the app disconnected (iPhone 6s Plus). The app then offered me an option to initiate RTH (I think this is new), which I did. The AC returned safely back. After flowing into the lightning connector to clean it, the remaining flights went fine.
- (BUG!!) The mSD card cannot be read through the USB cable - the drive appears as if with "no medium"
- (BUG!!) DJI Assistant 2 no longer shows Flight Data in the Windows Explorer drives - when the AC is connected and Flight Data mode is chosen, the extra drive appears, but as having "no medium"

2017-8-27
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

With DJI Assist 2 offered 3 versions for me latest being 8/25/2017. So they updated several times? Hung on me at 64% but I do what I've done forever ion Windows, just shake the window severely again and again.

Won't be able to fly and test because I'm down here in Texas where all the rain is.

2017-8-27
Use props
Sublight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148661 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-22 09:30
The more you post and reply the more forum features unlock.

Since you answered that.  Why dont I show my "Flight Distance" in the forum like you guys?  Is it the same answer?
2017-8-27
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2017-8-27 00:51
managed to get over 100 views before i got waisted hopefully helped out a lot of people to free up there mavics ;)

Post it on Youtube.com!
2017-8-27
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Sublight Posted at 2017-8-27 14:39
Since you answered that.  Why dont I show my "Flight Distance" in the forum like you guys?  Is it the same answer?

Maybe? You also have to use the same email address for the forum as you do for your Go 4 app sign-in, and, of course, you have to sync your flights in Go 4.
2017-8-27
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-27 16:48
Maybe? You also have to use the same email address for the forum as you do for your Go 4 app sign-in, and, of course, you have to sync your flights in Go 4.

How do I "sync my flights"?
2017-8-27
Use props
TJAUS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16683 ft
Australia

Nazar78 Posted at 2017-8-22 08:50
If you have more than 1 battery, the others also needs firmware upgrades. You will see incompatible module prompt both in the software and app when you put in those other batteries. Just let it do the updating itself, best to upgrade all batteries at once.

Hi Nazar,
Is it always the case that batteries need to be upgraded or only if some part of the upgrade is relevant to the smart battery?
Cheers,
2017-8-27
Use props
Jeffrey.hickman
New
Flight distance : 1155 ft
United States

fanseeba7327 Posted at 2017-8-22 03:32
Tried to update. Came up with an error after what looked like it was almost complete. Tried a second time. Still didn't update. And now my battery has the two middle lights stuck on and will not power down the mavic. Plus the battery's status on the remote is Now also not showing battery power. Battery will not charge now. And I'm unable to reach try the firmware due to battery power to low message when trying to try update again

I had the exact same problem!  I ended up putting another battery in the Mavic and the update finished okay.  The problem is my first battery is now stuck with the middle two LED's on.  When I connect the battery to the charger the charger LED turns red.  I think this update bricked my battery.
2017-8-27
Use props
Jeffrey.hickman
New
United States

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-8-27 11:59
With DJI Assist 2 offered 3 versions for me latest being 8/25/2017. So they updated several times? Hung on me at 64% but I do what I've done forever ion Windows, just shake the window severely again and again.

Won't be able to fly and test because I'm down here in Texas where all the rain is.

Yeah, I saw the same thing.  Three version of the same update!  WTF?
2017-8-27
Use props
Calibrator
New
United States

iamthewatchdog Posted at 2017-8-26 15:05
Put your batteries on charge. Even though the lights won't indicate they are charging, they are. Leave them on for about hour and a half or so, and then retry the install. For some reason, the updates are failing. Mine did the same thing with .800, and did it with this update. Not sure if you're using phone to update, or using your PC/Mac. I'd suggest using your computer, if at all possible. I've had to use my computer to update since I bought my bird.

Hope this helps you folks out. Nothing like a downed bird.

Nope.  I had my middle two LED battery on the charger for hours.  No difference.  I think my battery is bricked.
2017-8-27
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yep went back to .700 because .1000 kept causing app disconnects
2017-8-27
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

sduck Posted at 2017-8-27 17:56
How do I "sync my flights"?

In DJI Go 4, go to your Flight Records and tap the upper-right icon, then follow the instructions.

syncme.png
2017-8-27
Use props
LeiDutch
New
Flight distance : 1069344 ft
Australia

M K ULTRA Posted at 2017-8-26 12:42

Same situation for me. After downloading and sitting on 100% for around 10mins I restarted the controller and mavic and the update started to install and continued without any problems. I've completed around 3 hours of flying now (9 full batteries) on .1000 and no problems at all. Image seems really good to me but I'm by far an expert in photography.
2017-8-27
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

TJAUS Posted at 2017-8-27 18:29
Hi Nazar,
Is it always the case that batteries need to be upgraded or only if some part of the upgrade is relevant to the smart battery?
Cheers,

Hello TJAUS,

All the batteries need to be upgraded to the same version of both AC and RC. Please refer to the official video "Synchronization Update" at the 1:33mins:

2017-8-27
Use props
droneLA
New
Nigeria

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-8-27 10:00
Just flew for 3 batteries on the new firmware. The updating was first done over DJI Assistant 2 for the aircraft and its battery; then changed to the remaining 2 batteries in turn and updated the batetries through DJI Assistant too. Finally updated the RC through the DJI Go app.
Several things to note:
- I cannot see any image improvements. Still have to have sharpness at +1 to avoid noise reduction and blobby foliage.

I had the experience of not been able to read the data of the SD card using a USB cable. Had to remove the SC card and put it directly into the computer.
2017-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules