Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (22/08/2017)
70024 274 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
janidiver
lvl.4
Croatia

Jeffrey.hickman Posted at 2017-8-27 18:32
I had the exact same problem!  I ended up putting another battery in the Mavic and the update finished okay.  The problem is my first battery is now stuck with the middle two LED's on.  When I connect the battery to the charger the charger LED turns red.  I think this update bricked my battery.

Hi Jeffrey,
the reason is because you disconnect  battery  to early when you make a update to .1000.
I have the same problem.
Update with another battery was OK. Please put this battery again  in MVpro and start Upgrade
again. It will be finished in aprox. 5 Minutes and the lights will be normal. For me works this fine and the
Battery is now OK and I can charge it again  without a problem.
2017-8-27
Use props
J.T.
First Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

Update with DJiGo4 no problem at all, test in flight for 21 min and it is as always a perfect drone, done 7,5 km of flight no signal loss or image loss.
So till now i have to say that the new firmware seems to work gr8 !!
2017-8-28
Use props
d.a.v.i.d
Captain
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

@DJI Team,

Could somebody confirm why we are seeing 01.03.1000 firmware in Assistant 3 times? One with timestamp 8-22 and other two with 8-25? I noticed according to firmware cache directory that one file in those two fws were changed I suppose it is main firmware? What are changes?

David
2017-8-28
Use props
Ben Ellis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276063 ft
United Kingdom

I tried to update my Mavic yesterday after getting the new firmware upgrade notice in the DJI Go App. I initially did this over wifi, and it got stuck. I then tried again using the Assistant 2 App on my Mac. The Mavic has now been updated to v01.03.1000, but the controller will now not connect to the drone. I've not had any issues before. I've tried updating the controller via Assistant, but it fails every time, factory reset via Assistant also fails. Trying to re-link the controller with the drone via the C1+C2 etc. key combos doesn't work. When I hold the burger/menu icon in the DJI Go App and force a manual update, I get no options to select another firmware version. When the remote is connected to the Assistant App on my Mac the controller is detected, but it says the firmware is version 00.00.0000. So in short it is totally broken. I've had this for 6 weeks! Have contacted DJI about a repair. Am pretty annoyed!
2017-8-28
Use props
Physical
New
United Kingdom

Updated firmware to Mavic, all my batteries-one by one and RC, Mavic still climbs by herself and goes into landing when action-ed lever down, defaulted to factory setting and repeated the process and again no change, what to do next?
2017-8-28
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

djiuser_Rm3iI38 Posted at 2017-8-26 08:17
Someone else mentioned that there is no "Done" button on their iOS device's keyboard. I have a new 10.5" iPad Pro, and have the same issue when trying to change some settings (altitude and distance limit, for example). There's also no way to hide the keyboard, so you can't navigate around the screen. This is with the latest DJI Go 4 app.

DJI tech support suggested this may be because the iPad Pro 10.5" is not an officially supported model for the DJI Go app. You'd think the app's GUI would be consistent across all versions of iOS and would not be hardware dependent.
2017-8-28
Use props
Rushmed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 108081 ft
Germany

Physical Posted at 2017-8-28 08:29
Updated firmware to Mavic, all my batteries-one by one and RC, Mavic still climbs by herself and goes into landing when action-ed lever down, defaulted to factory setting and repeated the process and again no change, what to do next?

Also had this problem aon a new replaced mavic, Tried FW .800, .900 and .1000. up and dowgrading. Also sensor calibration was don each step.
I think it`s a hardware issue because with disabled VPS its workig.
Got mine to repair service,
2017-8-28
Use props
Tombolian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

djiuser_Rm3iI38 Posted at 2017-8-26 08:17
Someone else mentioned that there is no "Done" button on their iOS device's keyboard. I have a new 10.5" iPad Pro, and have the same issue when trying to change some settings (altitude and distance limit, for example). There's also no way to hide the keyboard, so you can't navigate around the screen. This is with the latest DJI Go 4 app.

Curious, I have an original iPad Pro (12.5 inch) with no such problem.  Instead of the 'done' button, what is on the keyboard where the 'return' button usually is?
2017-8-28
Use props
smexer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113343 ft
Japan

Ben Ellis Posted at 2017-8-28 01:10
I tried to update my Mavic yesterday after getting the new firmware upgrade notice in the DJI Go App. I initially did this over wifi, and it got stuck. I then tried again using the Assistant 2 App on my Mac. The Mavic has now been updated to v01.03.1000, but the controller will now not connect to the drone. I've not had any issues before. I've tried updating the controller via Assistant, but it fails every time, factory reset via Assistant also fails. Trying to re-link the controller with the drone via the C1+C2 etc. key combos doesn't work. When I hold the burger/menu icon in the DJI Go App and force a manual update, I get no options to select another firmware version. When the remote is connected to the Assistant App on my Mac the controller is detected, but it says the firmware is version 00.00.0000. So in short it is totally broken. I've had this for 6 weeks! Have contacted DJI about a repair. Am pretty annoyed!

I have the exact same Problem..
2017-8-28
Use props
Ben Ellis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

smexer Posted at 2017-8-28 10:24
I have the exact same Problem..

This might be of help. I couldn't get it working, but have done extensive reading. I've tried everything today. Even found some hardware flashing utilities for both PC and Mac for up/down-grading the firmware for the drone and the controller, none of them work. https://github.com/mavicBreak/DroneZBreak for Mac and https://github.com/jezzab/ for PC, as well as this repo of firmware versions: https://github.com/MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin/tree/master/bins. The Assistant 2 app for Mac and PC doesn't work or the DJI Go App. My firmware version on the controller says 00.00.0000. So I am pretty sure the controller has been corrupted and I've got to send it back or buy a new one!
2017-8-28
Use props
Panhead55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 939144 ft
United States

I updated yesterday to .1000 everything went fine no issues, firmware loaded pretty fast.  Took it out for a test flight this AM and had an issue. Not sure if it is related to the new firmware or not so I thought I would put it out here and see if anyone else had the same issue.  

I reset all values including checking my camera settings.  I was flying in a spot that I fly all the time with my MP and have had ZERO issues at this location with interference etc.  Today however, I received lost video transmission notification when only about 200 ft from my home point location.  Could not get the camera to reinitialize in flight.  Brought the bird back manually to home point.  Rebooted everything including iPhone, controller, MP.  Did it again on the second flight.  Once again brought the MP home and rebooted everything.   The third time the battery was low but I did not loose video transmission.  I brought it home again changed battery and had no issues on the the second or third battery.  

Has anyone else lost video transmission?
2017-8-28
Use props
Fingers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

J.T. Posted at 2017-8-28 00:40
Update with DJiGo4 no problem at all, test in flight for 21 min and it is as always a perfect drone, done 7,5 km of flight no signal loss or image loss.
So till now i have to say that the new firmware seems to work gr8 !!

J.T.  Can you access your Flight Data, or is this something you haven't tested?
2017-8-28
Use props
Panhead55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 939144 ft
United States

fans8afdb562 Posted at 2017-8-22 17:49
I am 64 years old an this is the first time I have been compelled to join ANY forum.

I downloaded and installed this latest update / upgrade. To my dismay, I had to dig to see that, indeed, one must "save" setting that they may have accumulated based on their learning curve and preferences they have made in settings that got lost in the upgrade. My only comment is that if we had to go back and reset all of our selection in "Outlook" every time there was an upgrade...there would be a bunch of unhappy folks out there!

I also noticed that my once precision landings that I was so proud to show everyone are also off by 4 or 5 feet now.  I turned on the precision landing and it seems much better.  I never had to use the precision landing previously.  
2017-8-28
Use props
Tombolian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Panhead55 Posted at 2017-8-28 12:13
I updated yesterday to .1000 everything went fine no issues, firmware loaded pretty fast.  Took it out for a test flight this AM and had an issue. Not sure if it is related to the new firmware or not so I thought I would put it out here and see if anyone else had the same issue.  

I reset all values including checking my camera settings.  I was flying in a spot that I fly all the time with my MP and have had ZERO issues at this location with interference etc.  Today however, I received lost video transmission notification when only about 200 ft from my home point location.  Could not get the camera to reinitialize in flight.  Brought the bird back manually to home point.  Rebooted everything including iPhone, controller, MP.  Did it again on the second flight.  Once again brought the MP home and rebooted everything.   The third time the battery was low but I did not loose video transmission.  I brought it home again changed battery and had no issues on the the second or third battery.  

When you say you lose video transmission, is the app disconnecting from the mavic pro completely (as indicated by the 'connected' or 'disconnected' message at the top of the app), or are you losing video while the app stays connected?  My mavic is constantly disconnecting from the app, but I think I've isolated the issue to the lightning port on my phone and the plug on the RC.  If I don't touch the connection, it doesn't 'disconnect' from the app, but if I rest the palms of my hands on the plug (the natural position), it constantly disconnects/reconnects.  Annoying to be sure, but not software related, at least not in my case.
2017-8-28
Use props
smexer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113343 ft
Japan

Ben Ellis Posted at 2017-8-28 10:32
This might be of help. I couldn't get it working, but have done extensive reading. I've tried everything today. Even found some hardware flashing utilities for both PC and Mac for up/down-grading the firmware for the drone and the controller, none of them work. https://github.com/mavicBreak/DroneZBreak for Mac and https://github.com/jezzab/ for PC, as well as this repo of firmware versions: https://github.com/MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin/tree/master/bins. The Assistant 2 app for Mac and PC doesn't work or the DJI Go App. My firmware version on the controller says 00.00.0000. So I am pretty sure the controller has been corrupted and I've got to send it back or buy a new one!

Yes, same Problem here... My Controller also says Software Version 0.00.000 and I cant Update or reset it... I will try to send the Controller back to dji customer service, maybe they will send me a new one...
2017-8-28
Use props
Ben Ellis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

smexer Posted at 2017-8-28 12:58
Yes, same Problem here... My Controller also says Software Version 0.00.000 and I cant Update or reset it... I will try to send the Controller back to dji customer service, maybe they will send me a new one...

Yeah this is what I'm gonna try to do, but seems like such a hassle!
2017-8-28
Use props
TJAUS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16683 ft
Australia

Nazar78 Posted at 2017-8-27 22:32
Hello TJAUS,

All the batteries need to be upgraded to the same version of both AC and RC. Please refer to the official video "Synchronization Update" at the 1:33mins:

Thanks for the heads up.
2017-8-28
Use props
jonzey
lvl.1
United States

I attempted to update my firmware over the weekend, going from .500 to .1000.  I receive the error  'undefined 0x020106'.  It seems the RC updated ok, but the aircraft did not, resulting in a firmware mismatch that I can't seem to get past.  I can't take off (obviously) because the firmwares don't match, and I can't seem to get past.

I tried this both with both DJI assistant 2 and the iphone GO 4 app.  They both gave me the same error.  Unfortunately, I cannot downgrade either because the only firmware I have listed in the site is three versions (??) of .1000.

I've opened a case with DJI, but at this point they are pushing to have me send the drone in to their repair team.  It was working great until I updated.
2017-8-28
Use props
sduck
First Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-27 20:05
In DJI Go 4, go to your Flight Records and tap the upper-right icon, then follow the instructions.

[view_image]

Thanks for this! Syncing now...    ....
2017-8-28
Use props
djiuser_53OeLJZ
lvl.1

United States

Drone is running 01.03.0400 and won't upgrade to the latest version.

Full charged battery, remote control is OFF, SD card removed, using the DJI Assistant 2 on a Mac.

During the upgrade to 01.03.1000, the drone power cycles twice.  Still stuck at 33%...

Help me please
2017-8-28
Use props
fans29df0b31
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3904 ft
United States

Updated mavic and rc to 01.03.1000. Now get a cannot take off message due to version unmatched.
2017-8-28
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans29df0b31 Posted at 2017-8-28 16:40
Updated mavic and rc to 01.03.1000. Now get a cannot take off message due to version unmatched.

Make sure you update your batteries and controller as well.
2017-8-28
Use props
phat59
New
Flight distance : 27454 ft
United States

djiuser_UxBopQ2 Posted at 2017-8-27 09:28
I cannot Update Drone from V1.03.0400  brand new and I cant even fly it really disappointing DJI  RC is updated to 1000 so I am getting Firmware Incompatibility error I have tried all methods from Goapp to to Assistant all latest versions. I have had 2x where it said successful but still had error and went back to Assistant and firmware shows V1.03.0400 even after firmware had shown as complete.

Looking for help to Downgrade Controller maybe ?

This is basically the same issue I'm having. So far nothing is working. I opened a ticket and their first response so far was just the things that I have already tried. Sounds like this is a growing problem...
2017-8-28
Use props
phat59
New
Flight distance : 27454 ft
United States

jonzey Posted at 2017-8-28 14:38
I attempted to update my firmware over the weekend, going from .500 to .1000.  I receive the error  'undefined 0x020106'.  It seems the RC updated ok, but the aircraft did not, resulting in a firmware mismatch that I can't seem to get past.  I can't take off (obviously) because the firmwares don't match, and I can't seem to get past.

I tried this both with both DJI assistant 2 and the iphone GO 4 app.  They both gave me the same error.  Unfortunately, I cannot downgrade either because the only firmware I have listed in the site is three versions (??) of .1000.

I've got the exact same issue, same error, same .500>>.1000 issue too. Drone is grounded till this is figured out
2017-8-28
Use props
Wizzy 8
New
Flight distance : 2595 ft
Vietnam

I have updated to a new firmware version and now have a black screen with no video!, when i turn on controller and mavic, everything is updated to latest version including the batteries. I will try rollback but i cannot find previous versions in my dji assistant 2 pc program, it actually shows 2 updates of the same firmware but different dates, 22/08 and 25/08. Also my mavic pro cannot connect to the dji assistant on one of my laptops i want to uninstall everything so besides uninstalling the dji assistant program what else must i delete and which folders please!. thanks.  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/WIZDC/Mavic%20Black%20Screen_zpsewb0j3fj.jpg
2017-8-28
Use props
sduck
First Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Can't see your pic because photobucket. Please stop using that. The usual answer for black screens is to uninstall DJI Go 4 and reinstall it - don't know if that'll help in this case, but worth a try if you haven't yet.
2017-8-28
Use props
Wizzy 8
New
Flight distance : 2595 ft
Vietnam

sduck Posted at 2017-8-28 19:09
Can't see your pic because photobucket. Please stop using that. The usual answer for black screens is to uninstall DJI Go 4 and reinstall it - don't know if that'll help in this case, but worth a try if you haven't yet.

Any idea how to fully uninstall the DJI Assistant 2 on a laptop (not mac), not just uninstalling but also deleting files in folders that would remain, i have tried looking on this forum but there is not even a sticky of it. thanks.
2017-8-28
Use props
termdj
lvl.1
South Africa

I also have an issue with the update. Did 2 batteries without any issues. All 3 batteries were charged to 100% before updating. On the 3rd battery while the update was at 66% a NFZ update appeared and started to download on it's own while the firmware update was busy. The NFZ got to 77% and failed and after waiting +- 25 minutes for the firmware still at 66% to complete,  it to failed. I got stuck with the 2 led on problem. I followed all instructions as per the forum , but after shutting everything down and restarting I got the warning battery must be over 50%. Couldn't charge the battery and the battery discharged over the weekend. On Monday I took the battery/drone in to the shop where I bought it, they couldn't get the battery charged as well, as no lights come on. They will log a ticket with DJI. Hope I don't get charged for a new battery, as I feel I didn't do anything wrong...
2017-8-28
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Tombolian Posted at 2017-8-28 09:36
Curious, I have an original iPad Pro (12.5 inch) with no such problem.  Instead of the 'done' button, what is on the keyboard where the 'return' button usually is?

I started a new thread, with the hope of brining this to DJI's attention, but here's a screen shot.
IMG_0030.PNG
2017-8-29
Use props
J.T.
First Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

Fingers Posted at 2017-8-28 12:25
J.T.  Can you access your Flight Data, or is this something you haven't tested?

never try if I have time i'll try this evening and let you know. You mean access the data via DJI assistant 2 right??
2017-8-29
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Panhead55 Posted at 2017-8-28 12:26
I also noticed that my once precision landings that I was so proud to show everyone are also off by 4 or 5 feet now.  I turned on the precision landing and it seems much better.  I never had to use the precision landing previously.

When your landings were off by 4 or 5 feet, on take off, you may have initially flown horizontally before reaching 14 feet. First firmware versions didn't have the auto precision landing, dji just recommended manually climbing to a specific altitude to engage precision landing. How precision landing works is that it memorizes what the ground looks like from about 14 feet straight above. It first uses GPS to get in the ballpark, then compares with its precision landing images. Be careful flying indoors - Do Not check the precision landing box while taking off indoors, you would crash into the ceiling. Regular auto take off climbs to only 4 feet. Precision landing climbs much higher.
2017-8-29
Use props
bdorub
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37854 ft
Romania

Hi, I also see 2 times the 1000v fw in the Assitant while I updated the mavic from my Iphone

--- when I connect to the PC i see 2 times 1000 version (one on the  22.08 and then on the 25.08) - both show current besides them )) WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
2017-8-29
Use props
djiuser_YHFi8ox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fanseeba7327 Posted at 2017-8-22 03:32
Tried to update. Came up with an error after what looked like it was almost complete. Tried a second time. Still didn't update. And now my battery has the two middle lights stuck on and will not power down the mavic. Plus the battery's status on the remote is Now also not showing battery power. Battery will not charge now. And I'm unable to reach try the firmware due to battery power to low message when trying to try update again

Hi there,

I had the same issue on the first day of having my Mavic. No need to worry as this is an easily solvable problem. It was likely caused by a battery (mavic or remote) having less than 50% charge. To solve, charge the problematic battery for a few hours (it will continue having the 2 middle lights on) until fully charged. Once that's done ensure your remote is fully charged. Place this battery on the drone and connect with the remote and phone etc. Once everything is connected you will be prompted to update firmware. Follow the procedure and once the firmware is updated your battery will be saved and should operate perfectly well!.

Hope this helps.
2017-8-29
Use props
Fingers
Second Officer
United Kingdom

J.T. Posted at 2017-8-29 00:57
never try if I have time i'll try this evening and let you know. You mean access the data via DJI assistant 2 right??

Yes, that's right. Everything else has been fine with the update apart from accessing Flight Data; where the drive doesn't seem to mount anymore.  

It's not a great issue, but might be in the case of Mavic failure / crash
2017-8-29
Use props
Juanreta_garcia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 246004 ft
Spain

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-28 16:50
Make sure you update your batteries and controller as well.

This is the first time I see this: do you have to update all batteries?

Thanks in advance for the response
2017-8-29
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Juanreta_garcia Posted at 2017-8-29 10:20
This is the first time I see this: do you have to update all batteries?

Thanks in advance for the response

Yeah, not all updates require the batteries to also be updated, but this one did. Just put your batteries on the Mavic and restart the upgrade process -- you'll see two blinking lights on the battery when it's updating.
2017-8-29
Use props
Juanreta_garcia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 246004 ft
Spain

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-29 10:24
Yeah, not all updates require the batteries to also be updated, but this one did. Just put your batteries on the Mavic and restart the upgrade process -- you'll see two blinking lights on the battery when it's updating.

Thanks for the response. Now I am asking myself why DJI does not inform in the release about this when they come out ....great to have this forum!!!
2017-8-29
Use props
fans8be2b398
lvl.1
Hungary

Hi Guys,

I've updated my craft yesterday, upgrade was went smooth, but after this upgrade my cam color setting gone wild. Image gets to much contrast, and lost shades and colors.
Camera was on all default settings every time. Does anybody experienced the same? I've attached before after images.
Thanks!

2017-8-30
Use props
Fingers
Second Officer
United Kingdom

That is quite a 'difficult' image for any camera sensor to deal with; strongly lit highlights, neutral grass and plenty of shadow areas. I actually think the Mavic has done a good job here.  That said a lot of photography is about personal preference and style; I like a contrasty, slightly de-saturated image (saturation is good in this image).

If we are looking at a JPEG from the Mavic, post processing has taken place; dependant on your settings.  I think the image looks ok; too much contrast or sharpness would create unwanted atrifacts, which I can't really see.  Try a RAW image; which is image data straight from the camera sensor without any processing applied.  RAW images can look a little flat, but they contain the most picture information and detail before post processing.  JPEGs are a compromise; detail is lost in order to compress the file size.   

I can't see a great deal wrong here, though my expertise is more photography with conventional camera than with a Mavic.
2017-8-30
Use props
Ben Ellis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

After this update completely bricked my 6 week old Mavic remote, I've had to fork out £329 (GBP) for a new controller. It's prompting me for the same firmware upgrade, there's not a hope in hell I'm going to do this again. At least not until I've sent my original remote (still under warrantee) back to DJI to fix, which should be for free. Beware of interupting the upgrade process, especially if you are downloading it via your cell/mobile phone. Do yourself a favour, do it at home on a Mac/PC over wifi!
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules