New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (22/08/2017)
70125 274 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray_Dunakin
lvl.4
United States

I wish these updates wouldn't alter my settings. It's a pain trying to remember what all the custom settings were, and where they were located in the app. On my recent trip to Nevada, I didn't realize that the .900 update had changed my settings from 4k, 30fps to 1080p, 29.97fps. Only after II got home and started editing my videos, did I discover that they were not the high resolution I wanted.
2017-8-30
Use props
Rocket Man
New
Flight distance : 137615 ft
Ukraine

Add please function "Draw Intelligence Mode" to Mavic Pro.
2017-8-31
Use props
UAV Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4747 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks for the update guys, I hope this will reduce the idiots breaking the laws across the world. I'd suggest you got further and add the requirement to tether the device at least every month to prevent the criminals using older firmware for illegal flying.
2017-8-31
Use props
UAV Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4747 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks for the update guys, I hope this will reduce the idiots breaking the laws across the world.
I'd suggest you got further and add the requirement to tether the device at least every month to prevent the criminals using older firmware for illegal flying.
2017-8-22 02:48:16 Reply Report
2017-8-31
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Why dont u go somewhere with that...criminals really?
2017-8-31
Use props
gburns53
lvl.1
United States

How is it DJI Software updates could be anymore frustrating, lengthier or more problematic? My god Im in IT systems development and it is the biggest pile of bs ever. Every part of it. You can't fly the thing with out constant god damn software issues. And it is impossible to update it easily.
2017-8-31
Use props
gburns53
lvl.1
United States

gburns53 Posted at 2017-8-31 18:36
How is it DJI Software updates could be anymore frustrating, lengthier or more problematic? My god Im in IT systems development and it is the biggest pile of bs ever. Every part of it. You can't fly the thing with out constant god damn software issues. And it is impossible to update it easily.

It just took me 25 minutes to update my mavic using a USB cable to my PC.  Thats comical. Is it downloading every jpeg on the web too?

That might be okay if it wasn't my 5th attempt. I'm on a friggen xfinity network with crystal clear super speed internet. But had to hard wire and do it from PC.  Now do I have to do the other battery? Just to make sure my drone won't fly anywhere near the Detroit metro area because it's class D airspace? Where can I return this?  Maybe we should all kamikaze drone attack DJI headquarters. One $1000 dent at a time.. it might be worth it.
2017-8-31
Use props
T_Utley
New
United Kingdom

Hi all, I'm wondering if in your collective wisdom you might have some advice on repairing a Mavic RC that after attempting to update the firmware to the latest version is now not connecting to the AC. I should add that I had trouble with the AC, and the batteries with one of the batteries showing the two middle light error, but by using the dji assistant software have rectified all these problems, and the AC operates via wifi with no problems. I've looked on the DJI forums for advice, and it seems as though it might end up with needing repairing/replaced, but with an impending trip relying on the use of the drone, I can't really wait for them to get back to me. I was wondering if you know any fixes I might have missed I've tried updating the AC using DJI assistant but it fails, I'm unable to do a factory reset, and i've tried various means of connecting the RC to the AC, and had no success. I've tried the button combos , but it won't bind. It remains on connecting and won't go any further. Thanks for your time.
2017-9-1
Use props
Sublight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148661 ft
United States

sduck Posted at 2017-8-27 17:56
How do I "sync my flights"?

I brought up DJI Go 4, then clicked the 3 little lines at the top right, then clicked flight record.  Then there is a little cloud in the top right corner of the screen.  I clicked it, and it synced.  Ill know after posting this if it updates my distance.
2017-9-1
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

T_Utley Posted at 2017-9-1 00:52
Hi all, I'm wondering if in your collective wisdom you might have some advice on repairing a Mavic RC that after attempting to update the firmware to the latest version is now not connecting to the AC. I should add that I had trouble with the AC, and the batteries with one of the batteries showing the two middle light error, but by using the dji assistant software have rectified all these problems, and the AC operates via wifi with no problems. I've looked on the DJI forums for advice, and it seems as though it might end up with needing repairing/replaced, but with an impending trip relying on the use of the drone, I can't really wait for them to get back to me. I was wondering if you know any fixes I might have missed I've tried updating the AC using DJI assistant but it fails, I'm unable to do a factory reset, and i've tried various means of connecting the RC to the AC, and had no success. I've tried the button combos , but it won't bind. It remains on connecting and won't go any further. Thanks for your time.

Na just send it back and they will send you a refurbished unit!
2017-9-1
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Sublight Posted at 2017-9-1 09:20
I brought up DJI Go 4, then clicked the 3 little lines at the top right, then clicked flight record.  Then there is a little cloud in the top right corner of the screen.  I clicked it, and it synced.  Ill know after posting this if it updates my distance.

Thanks - got that info a bit earlier
<<<<
2017-9-1
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Updated to firmware V-1.03.1000 .
Did anyone check DJI Assistant 2  and found there was no longer a firmware list???  I only have the latest firmware listed. I had a list before the update.

DJI Assisant 2

DJI Assisant 2

2017-9-2
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

So I finally had the courage to update the Firmware after reading all this posts.

Used DJI Go (Latest updated before is started) I'm on IoS.

The first thing that happend whas that it wanted to update the NFZ DB which started but for some reason did not complete.
I started the upgrade of FW and the AC was beeping and making some noices but there was progress on the status bar.
Around 55% the battery just had the two mid dots lit and I was thinking that now I will have the same as many others here, but to my pleasure it continued to upgrade.
The process took me about 20 minutes. (No questions on the batterys and upgrade on them , flew with all 3 in my field test.)

Then I fixed all parameters as they where before and out in the field for testing.
The first thing that happend was that I got a Compass redundancy switch warning and I then realised that I had not done an IMU calibration which was done in the field.
No more warnings after that.

What have I tested:
POI
Active track (not spotlight)
Tap to fly
Course lock (actually worked for the first time now) have tried it a lot of times before but always been dissapointed)

All these things work as expected.

How about the enhanced picture quality?
Well i'm not sure about that need some more investigation.

Footage seems good (when I swithed to Manual) in auto there is still to much noice (Cinelike +1 -1 0) It would be perfect if we could get a separate Noice reduction switch in the App.

So basically i'm happy with this version.
I have ONE problem but that is related to the RC calibration which will be an other thread.
BTW, have never had a problem with upgrading FW on my machine. When I read this thread and similar threads in the past it seems like a randomly phenomen.

Hope it works out for the guys that still have problems.

Happy flying
2017-9-2
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just updated right on the APP, no problems here but yeah it take awhile to download......took the time to have lunch.      {:4_181:}   
2017-9-2
Use props
JustViewerFun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163934 ft
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2017-9-2 08:59
Updated to firmware V-1.03.1000 .
Did anyone check DJI Assistant 2  and found there was no longer a firmware list???  I only have the latest firmware listed. I had a list before the update.

I noticed that also.  Very frustrating how they disappear.  
2017-9-2
Use props
woesch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223428 ft
Switzerland

UAV Man Posted at 2017-8-31 14:13
Thanks for the update guys, I hope this will reduce the idiots breaking the laws across the world.
I'd suggest you got further and add the requirement to tether the device at least every month to prevent the criminals using older firmware for illegal flying.

A criminal is somebody who breaks the laws! Not updating firmware for example is not breaking any law! Please behave yourself!
2017-9-3
Use props
CMartin00
New
United States

After Updating and a few test flights i too have noticed an unacceptable amount of over exposure on auto settings that was not an issue on any other version. Anything light colored gets blown out and flying in sunny conditions result in the sky disappearing even when using an ND filter.  I included a video of what i am talking about. Any one out there not experiencing this or is this a widespread issue?  youtu.be/n9xEG1YDrrE
2017-9-3
Use props
ivanpoletti mav
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169810 ft
Spain

How long did the updating process is with dji assistant? This is the third time and he stops at 100% and drain my battery !
2017-9-3
Use props
Bernoullis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4938 ft
United Kingdom

I have only had my Mavic Pro for a few weeks, and have only done a little practise flying, trying out the various modes and camera settings.  I only arrived on the update page because I sought it out - I haven't hjad any app instructions to update.  I watched the DJI video regarding firmware updates and things seem simple enough.  However, when I started the update process I was surprised to see this message in DJI Assistant 2:

"After this update, your flight altitude and distance will be limited to 30 m and 50 m, respectively, if you start flying without first connecting to a DJI-compatible app and logging in to your DJI account.

If you are not satisfied with this update, you can revert to older firmware using DJI assistant 2."

The DJI video regarding the process did show, and mention, that it was possible to revert or 'downgrade' to an earlier version of firmware.  From postings on this thread, that ability seems to have been withdrawn!  My current Mavic and Remote Controller firmware is v01.03.0550 and DJI Assistant 2 only shows one available update, to the new v01.03.1000.  Other posters here have mentioned multiple entries for this new update, with different dates i.e. 22 and 25 Aug.  The date I see in the software is even later, 01 Sep!  Does DJI realise, from feed back, that they have a problem and are desperately tweaking the new version , I wonder (without updating the version number)?  Whatever it is, there is obviously still a problem and I won't be touching it until there is some proof of reliability and stability!

Updating problems aside, my intial objection to the latest firmware update concerned DJI's statement:  "After this update, your flight altitude and distance will be limited to 30 m and 50 m, respectively, if you start flying without first connecting to a DJI-compatible app and logging in to your DJI account."  Initially I thought that might mean a logging-on process before every flight.  But that would be ridiculous, surely, because the Mavic gets used in all sorts of places where there isn't an available internet connection?  I now assume the statement means that after the latest update, a single log-in to your account will be required to 'unlock' the 30m altitude/50m distance limitation.  Have I got that correct?  As a new owner I haven't done any firmware updates yet (nor am I likely too if the reliablity/stability issues don't greatly improve) but has this 'limitation message' been displayed for previous firmware updates?  I'm curious .....

Another thing I have noted is that the DJI website, at the time of writing this post, shows both the latest iOS and Android versions of the DJI GO app as v4.1.5.  My Android version of the app, on a Samsung S7, is v4.1.5 but the iOS version, on an iPad Pro, shows v4.1.9 - eh?  Anybody else have v4.1.9 of the iOS version of the DJI GO app?  Weird .....

Another hassle I have had is the DJI GO app irregularly asking to update the No Fly Zone database (but only in the iOS version, not the Android version).  It downloads the update okay, but when attempting to install it to the Mavic the update stalls at 20%, regardless of how long it is left.  Again, weird ...... and useless.

The only positive I have seen today is the news regarding the Mavic Pro Platinum.  Not that I am going to buy one, having only had the first model for a few weeks, but the quieter propellors (wonderfully raked tips) and slightly better battery of the Platinum are apparently compatible with the original Mavic.  Of course, the improved battery performance in the Platinum will not carry over to the original Mavic as the new variant has an improved Field Oriented Control Electronic Speed Controller for the motors.  But prop and battery compatibility between the models is useful, and the original Mavic battery can also be used in the Platinum.  At the very least, the new (aerodynamically improved) props may give the original Mavic a marginal performance improvement?  Which is nice ...... because the latest firmware upgrades seem to be rubbish.  :-/

Finally, whilst I appreciate that the latest firmware update has been deeply infuriating for many Mavic users, I cannot be the only one who has noticed the repetitve question regarding how the firmware update transfers to the batteries.  Folks, general forum etiquette (not just here, but anywhere on the web) suggests that you read all of the thread to see if your question has already been asked, and answered.  By just tagging on to the end of a thread and expecting others to respond to your query is not really on, particularly if you can't be bothered to do a bit of basic spadework yourself.
2017-9-3
Use props
FreakinKATv1.2
New
Flight distance : 48159 ft
United States

Thank you work on giving me more addons for my drone
2017-9-3
Use props
jrose42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10551 ft
Vietnam

fanseeba7327 Posted at 2017-8-22 03:32
Tried to update. Came up with an error after what looked like it was almost complete. Tried a second time. Still didn't update. And now my battery has the two middle lights stuck on and will not power down the mavic. Plus the battery's status on the remote is Now also not showing battery power. Battery will not charge now. And I'm unable to reach try the firmware due to battery power to low message when trying to try update again

I had a similar problem. I updated the drone no problem using Assistant2 on mac. Then plugged in battery #2 and started the drone. As expected, I was prompted to update the battery. It worked no problem. Then I inserted battery #3 and updated it as well. It went to 100% so I thought all was good. But when I returned to the main screen in Assistant2, it told me there was still a firmware mismatch. So I tried to update again and somewhere along the way I got the two green lights and the battery wouldn't turn off.  All batteries were fully charged.

I removed it from the drone and tried charging it but the two lights stayed on, but would flash occasionally.

In the end this is what I did:
1. unplugged drone from computer
2. closed Assistant2
3. reopened Assistant2
4. connected cable
5. inserted the battery, which still had the 2 lights lit. this caused the drone to power up and Assistant2 recognized it right away.
6. I was prompted to update the battery firmware
7. update went to completion. middle leds flashed a bit during the update, then returned to normal (all 4 on) at the end of the update.
8. once I got the 100% message, I powered down the drone.
9. powered it up again and Assistant2 shows no prompt to update.
10. unplugged it and set it up for a flight and DJI GO app shows no firmware mismatch

Hope this helps someone.
2017-9-4
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Has the issue with no being able to access the SD cards from DJI Assistant (for pictures and flight data) been fixed yet?
2017-9-4
Use props
AKTAR
lvl.1
Turkey

Hi all,

İ just wanted to share an issue about this subject.
İ bought a Mavic pro from the apple store in Singapore on 3. August 2017.. Just flew once for 5 minutes.
Then this .1000 FW came up.. And i thought i must do it. So, it failed when i was using the DJİ GO 4 app on iPhone. Then i tried to start over but the rc and AC did not connect.
After that i thought it is a binding issue and tried all the ways to bind them.. No way!
After that day i had some online SUPPORT!!! from Dji guys.. They told me to retry the firmware upgrade again with DJİ assistant 2. Still didn't help.. The update sucks at 24% and comes the final scene..
İ tried everything but couldn't make it.. Now they are telling me that DJİ has non-global warranty and i have to send it back to Singapore!!

Can anyone help me? Did i miss something?

Thanks for all comments..

Arda
2017-9-4
Use props
andreaaltieri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47336 ft
Italy

CMartin00 Posted at 2017-9-3 10:44
After Updating and a few test flights i too have noticed an unacceptable amount of over exposure on auto settings that was not an issue on any other version. Anything light colored gets blown out and flying in sunny conditions result in the sky disappearing even when using an ND filter.  I included a video of what i am talking about. Any one out there not experiencing this or is this a widespread issue?  youtu.be/n9xEG1YDrrE

I too have this problem after updating firmware. Now the videos are unusable. Completely overexposed. What can we do? When a flawless firmware will be released? Patience is ending, the latest updates brought only problems... My Mavic a few months ago was better and more usable than the current one...
2017-9-5
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

fans8be2b398 Posted at 2017-8-30 02:43
Hi Guys,

I've updated my craft yesterday, upgrade was went smooth, but after this upgrade my cam color setting gone wild. Image gets to much contrast, and lost shades and colors.

Yes, I noticed that¡¡¡¡

very flat colors (even in true color I was using) and too much contrast. I was liking TRUE COLOR... but now is very bad (due high contrast)

I need to use "standard" mode, and set SATURATION +2 or +3...

regards
2017-9-5
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

My experience with .1000 was it took a bit longer (install, not download) did it over cellular data with controller/dji go app, and have had zero issues with flites after. Not keen on the improved video through the goggles, but that either here or there.
2017-9-10
Use props
Henrik_SD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24199 ft
Denmark

patman89 Posted at 2017-8-22 05:32
No you don't have to send your drone for repair.

This was a common issue with FW v01.03.0600. This can be fixed by contacting a moderator/admin and request an DJI Account reset. They enable your account to download a very old FW version which will fix this problem, then you can upgrade again via Assistant 2 without any problems.

Hi,
My update stops at 20 % or 44 % now. Using the app I got to 69% a few times.
I've restored to fatory settings but it dosen't help. I've tryed the app and the assistant 2.
I seemes to loose the usb connection to the drone at the exact same time every time.

Who is a moderator/admin and how can I contact them. Do you know if DJI them selfs will help with this issue?

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Henrik  
2017-9-17
Use props
Henrik_SD
lvl.1
Denmark

Firmware update for Mavic Pro DOSEN'T WORK - Why don't DJI make sure that there update works??? There are so many suggestions on how to fix the issue, but where is DJI???
2017-9-17
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Henrik_SD Posted at 2017-9-17 02:23
Hi,
I've restored to fatory settings but it dosen't help. I've tryed the app and the assistant 2.

In my specific case it was DJI Natalia and DJI Mindy who helped me. As far as I know DJI Thor might know what to do as well. You can write them private messages. If they don't respond here.
2017-9-19
Use props
fans689e7af6
New
Australia

Purchased  mavic pro 3 days ago and hasn't lifted off at all.  Instructed to upload firmware v01.03.1000 and have repeatedly tried with each time a failure. Tried RC & Drone separately and together. Any suggestions welcome.   
2017-9-19
Use props
fans689e7af6
New
Australia

Henrik_SD Posted at 2017-9-17 02:23
Hi,

hi...exactly the same here for me.  any suggestions?
2017-9-19
Use props
Henrik_SD
lvl.1
Denmark

patman89 Posted at 2017-9-19 00:18
In my specific case it was DJI Natalia and DJI Mindy who helped me. As far as I know DJI Thor might know what to do as well. You can write them private messages. If they don't respond here.

Thanks Patman89 :-)
2017-9-19
Use props
djsomi
lvl.1
Hungary

Guys, is it possible to roll back to the prev version? I totally not happy with the video quality of this fw.

Many Thanks!
2017-9-25
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Just had a glitch with the latest update. Both me and my friend had the same problem. RETURN to HOME failed to respond. It started to return then stopped ascended 20 meters, started forward then stopped.
flew another 20 meters up and stopped and then repeated this over and over. By now it was over 120 meters and still climbing.  Took control my self and brought it home. Checked the return to  home altitude to be 60 meters. Any one else have a similar problem???   
2017-9-25
Use props
fans77320f5c
New

United States

Does anyone have a number for dji as I have been trying to activate my mavic for two days to no avail because the app constantly crashes and will not link up long enough to update the freaking drone .so discussed I can build a drone faster than it takes to get one of these in the air because of the faulty app .it isn't my phone it is new Droid motoz and I used an older Droid turbo right out the box it did the same thing .if your gonna make a drone that cost a grand ,at least make the apps that it takes to run the thing work.this is rediculous.please some one give me the number for dji so I can talk to some personal.
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules