Flashing Yellow Light
5192 14 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

What is this mean "3 rapid Flashing Yellow light" w/ no error or warning on either RC or GO App.
Anyone noticing it w/ your MP while flying?
Would be easier if this signal is in the manual but it's not.
Maybe someone from DJI shed a light on this or give us an info regarding this unknown signal.
Is my MP calling mother ship?

2017-8-22
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

"Remote Controller Signal Lost",
Page 12 of the Mavic Manual...  
2017-8-22
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2017-8-22 10:24
"Remote Controller Signal Lost",
Page 12 of the Mavic Manual...

Sorry did not get error notification that it disconnected/signal loss.
This is the problem here..no error,no notification like any other errors or warnings.
It's not antenna orientation either coz I already tried every possible antenna position.
The biggest thing here is that my MP still performing as it should, flawless.

2017-8-22
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i just recieved my mavic pro earlier.. havent been able to fly much yet thanks to UPS delivering my package at 7PM, i needed to be on the road to my farm an hour before it arrived.., racing up and massive storm slowed me way down half my trip.. got here at farm plugged my batteries in.. did the updates and all.. only got in a couple minutes of flying in dark and yellow rapid flashes here too and a few connectroller disconnections but no alerts in the app..  again i haven't been able to test it worth..anything, literally my only flight has been in the dark and in circles to set it up..   but to note: my S8 is extremely picky about how it runs the DJi go 4 app over USB..  so maybe somethign to blame for mine there..

my occusync signal meter in App showing flat green line at very bottom with a small tiny notch outside of the box it selected for signal..   did not seem to actually be disconnected either.. no controller lag, no video lag, restarting it didn't fix it.. my S8 is a bit picky about how it runs the app in OTG, i have to close the app and let the RC initiate it or else the app breaks for me.. but other then that smooth sailing..

so my guess is maybe Dji updated the mavic's indicators to indicate potential interference as well as connection loss? maybe update caused fail disconnection reports on status LED? i plan on refreshing the firmware tomorrow after another few flights to check.

h
2017-8-22
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

I did get a response from DJI Susan on a similar thread. Engineers put it down to high frequency vibration detected by the IMU.   I'm still conducting my own investigation on this, however it happens so infrequently that I'm struggling to make any conclusions.

See thread on same subject below.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-108092-1-1.html
2017-8-23
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
United States

Fingers Posted at 2017-8-23 07:31
I did get a response from DJI Susan on a similar thread. Engineers put it down to high frequency vibration detected by the IMU.   I'm still conducting my own investigation on this, however it happens so infrequently that I'm struggling to make any conclusions.

See thread on same subject below.

Yeah,saw that reply from DJI Susan and thankful that she forwarded it to Eng for evaluation.
But should one worry that there's this unknown warning lights that the MP emits and there's no fix or how to resolved this issue. Once again thanks to DJI Susan for alerting the Eng Team about this, hopefully they shed more lights to this.
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yeah, it is confirmed by our engineers that triple yellow LEDs appear when high-frequency vibration was detected by aircraft IMU. Please fly with smooth control. Thanks for bringing us the attention.
2017-8-27
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-27 18:25
Yeah, it is confirmed by our engineers that triple yellow LEDs appear when high-frequency vibration was detected by aircraft IMU. Please fly with smooth control. Thanks for bringing us the attention.

i had no errors when it did that with me.. hasn't done it since that one time at my farm.. but no errors just app crashes.
2017-8-27
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
United States

I rarely fly Sports Mode or aggressively, I like flying low and slow so my eyes can keep up to it.
Still, sometimes even when it's just <100' over your head hovering you can see it giving that signal.
2017-8-28
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

This is a long shot.  

I'm not seeing my yellow flashing lights half as often as I used to. In fact I haven't seen it for about 9 batteries worth. The last time I saw it consistently was whilst flying over wheat fields in hot weather. Also whilst decending from altitude towards a warming beach.

Is it possible that rising heat haze, coming from the beach and the wheat fields is causing the mavic to move/vibrate.  Rising heat, coming from below is an odd air pattern for the Mavic to deal with.

I too have had the yellow flashing lights when not flying aggrssively.  In fact I've seen them whilst hovering.  

I'm not too concderned about it as the Mavic performance has been spot on.  

In fact I'm more concerned about the fact I can't access Flight Data since upgrading my Mavic to .1000; very annoying.
2017-8-28
Use props
fans5f31ee15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4682 ft
United Kingdom

All of a sudden i had the same problem couldn’t get my head around it i bought some mavic pro platinum props a while ago took them off put the original props on problem solved
2017-12-9
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

fans5f31ee15 Posted at 2017-12-9 06:52
All of a sudden i had the same problem couldn’t get my head around it i bought some mavic pro platinum props a while ago took them off put the original props on problem solved

I agree. I purchased and subsequently returned the new platinum props and got this error. Consistently repeatable.  New props on, 3 flashing yellow indicating vibration. Switched back to regular props, problem solved.
2017-12-9
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello dji moderators or engineers!
Any news regarding these yellow flashing lights? I still get them , but mpp still is flawless. Only in mostly wind , the light starts flashing yellow and than again gps green light. I posted it already before to dji thor he said he will forward it to engineers. Also can you please check if indeed there has been a change in set ups regarding the lights . If so can you than please update the manual that yellow light rapudly flashing is not only for lost rc connection but also for vibrations spotted by imu , due to for example high wind
2017-12-23
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello dji? Any news?
2017-12-26
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dji ? Please advise if this flashing lights occurence should be mentionned and updated in the manual?
2017-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules