Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please Explain Your Username
12Next >
4273 70 2015-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Under Part Three: forum Specific Rules is states: Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, etc.

Now, here is where it gets interesting, I personally do not think a username is meaningless and therefore the thread is not meaningless IMHO (In My Humble Opinion - for a few of you acronymious types out there!)..Afterall, you chose your username because it means something to you or it defines you or maybe it was a nickname but in any event, it is the only name we know most of you by..Now, tell us what the heck it means!!..

I shall begin...
Northofthe49th - I am north of 49 years young, I live north of the San Francisco 49ers, I live north of 49 US States and I live north of the 49th parallel...

NEXT!

2015-3-29
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

CapitAn: l live in the capital city, the first 2 letters of my name are An, and together they sound (vaguely) like "captain", which l am ... of my Phantom.
2015-3-29
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

Stock12to32: I lived in Utah In the 90s and I was a big Utah Jazz fan, so Stock is for John Stockton and number 12 was his number and he is known for passing the ball to the mail man Karl Malone and he wore number 32. The good old Stock to Malone days.
It's great cause I never have to worry about anyone else having that name.
2015-3-29
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Well, I am north of 57 years old...I have explained my name before, but here goes:"

nrgwise: I have always been intrigued by devices to save energy.  A fallacy of course since energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only converted.  But the concept of converting the energy that exists has always intrigued me.  I have a multitude of devices and contraptions and otherwise benign things that I believe help save something.  What I don't know.  But I know I don't pay for them, they lower my energy bills.

My last four vehicles have been hybrids.  I would have gotten a full plug-in if I could have.  But just not available in my area at the time of purchase of latest vehicle.  When it is, I will have an electric vehicle.  
2015-3-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

all right, now we are getting somewhere with something and i am not sure where it is but i am getting the know on all of you now...keep it coming before i start calling anyone out..JK
2015-3-29
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

Il go:

TR are my initials followed by my last name, 18 was my college baseball number
2015-3-29
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

My name is William and my nickname is Bill. I left the Air Force as a captain hence Capt. Bill
2015-3-29
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

My usename comes from the observatory I used to have. It was completely automated and was named after my son using his initials. It was known as the JAT Observatory or JATO for short.

I did not feel like cutting down all the trees at the new place. Even though the new property has a lot of trees the spousal unit really liked it, so I donated the observatory, pier and the climate control equipment to the local high school at the new location. It was $2500 just to have it custom crated so it could be moved down here.

I miss astronomy a lot and I think that is why my wife bought me a drone because she feels a little bad about the trees. I still have a lot of telescopes and astro equipment. I kept saying  I have to put them on eBay or something as the stuff is taking up space in the garage. The website is still up as I got a lot of requests to leave it because of the info it contains about astronomy:
http://jatobservatory.org/
2015-3-29
Use props
metroscribe
lvl.1

United States

MetroScribe = I have been involved with Metrology in some capacity since 1978.  (Metrology is the science of weights and measures)  Back in 2006 I went to work for a government contracting company and was doing technical writing, developing calibration procedures. (hence the Scribe portion)
2015-3-29
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-3-29
Use props
2015-3-29
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

My first name is Tony my middle is Ray And my Grandmother always called me Tonyray I was born in the year 1955
2015-3-29
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-3-30 12:41
And I was thinking you were somehow connected with jato on a C130. But still a pleasure meeting yo ...

C130s, that my wife's department. She works for Skunk Works.
2015-3-29
Use props
birdfolk5555
lvl.3

United States

I occasionally make folk art birdhouses.

100_2699.JPG
100_3201.JPG
2015-3-29
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-3-30 12:41
And I was thinking you were somehow connected with jato on a C130. But still a pleasure meeting yo ...

The B-47 used 18 JATO bottles

2015-3-29
Use props
2015-3-29
Use props
2015-3-29
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Er.... its my name, after 53 years I am kind of used to it now
2015-3-29
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-3-30 13:55
Wow love to hear sum of her stories but I know that's black stuff.

No real stories yet. We only been down here 6 months. But she does interface with fighter pilots from time to time. There are some wild stories on the space side which is where we were both cleared and how we met. It's amazing what goes on up there.
Anyway nice to meet you too Axeman.
2015-3-30
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-3-30 15:02

John I always wanted a peddle car when I was a kid but my legs were to long
2015-3-30
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

birdfolk5555 Posted at 2015-3-30 13:39
I occasionally make folk art birdhouses.

Those are frick'n awesome. Do you sell them?
2015-3-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-3-30 15:02

10-4 Johnwarr,
I wonder if maybe some of us have not watched too much TV (which funny enough those are my first two initials) and maybe a bit too much Smokey and the Bandit or something and some of us just think we're flying trucker's,
2015-3-30
Use props
birdfolk5555
lvl.3

United States

JATO Posted at 2015-3-30 22:47
Those are frick'n awesome. Do you sell them?

Very nice of you to say, Jato.
No, I don't sell them.

2015-3-30
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Iraq

No explanation needed. What I wonder is the man from beyond the 49th lost in space?
2015-4-3
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Crash1sttime

Coz i expected to !

But I didnt
2015-4-3
Use props
jtrjr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Jeez, it's going to take me a day or so to read through all of these. You guys are some deep people. Okay, here goes mine. It's my initials, that's all I got. Sorry. Maybe I'll make up something cool and start again....

Jerry
2015-4-3
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4
United States

I live next to Fred Flintstone.

Barney
2015-4-3
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

I use to live in Santa Rosa, CA. Now in Michigan.
2015-4-4
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

I got mine as I use to have a wolf, my friends called me, "TomWolves" and they are Spiritual to me as Eagles, hence the name of my Phantom " Eagles dream"
2015-4-4
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

GIL        Green Indicating Lamp
GIL        Global Interpreter Lock
GIL        Global Information Link
Gil        Guy In Kentucky, first name
GIL        Geospatial Information Library
GIL        Genetic Identification Laboratory
2015-4-4
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

nice birdhouses birdfolk, awesome
2015-4-4
Use props
torcan
lvl.1
Canada

mine is easy, I am from TORonto CANada.....hence Torcan
2015-4-5
Use props
PlasticNerd
New

United States

PlasticNerd: I am a self employed Plastic fabricator. Specializing in  bending, forming, laser cutting, polishing, designing,etc... All in plastics !
2015-4-5
Use props
snowyowl1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646024 ft
Canada

I love Snowy Owls here in northern Alberta/Canada and my line locating/survey company is called Snowy Owl Contracting.
2015-4-7
Use props
SuperSport
lvl.1

United States

It was my CB handle when I was about 12, got the license and all.  I used to talk Skip all around the world on my CB Radio.  Was able to hit Australia on occasion.  Fully modified channels, amps, etc...  Lived in Petaluma California and went to school in Santa Rosa, @TomWolves.

Also have always wanted a 1966 Chevelle Super Sport.  Haven't bit the bullet yet.  Was born in 1966, so I've owned a few 1966 vehicles, and other items.
2015-4-7
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

OK.. guess it's my turn.    Late 80's was working for a company that sent me to Nassau Bahamas for 3 months.  Originally from So. Cal, my blonde hair and golden brown skin clearly made me a stand out....that is IF YOU WERE LOOKING AT ME!  I have been a natural at picking up accents without noticing it in a VERY short time.  My accent was PERFECT (according to the locals) and soon thereafter my island name became Bahamasboy.  After about a month, people didn't know my real name.  Initial meetings were LOTS of fun after only talking to people on the phone!  
2015-4-7
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MY is Car plate number in the UK. PR07 HET

Often referred to as PROPHET I use it for all forums, including the Nissan Qashqai one I "own".

My "Real" name is Frankie, which often gets followed by "Goes to Hollywood"?
2015-4-9
Use props
m.c.littlewood
lvl.1

South Africa

Its my name - couldn't think of any smart nickname at the time
64 years old- West Coast - South Africa
2015-4-10
Use props
snowyowl1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646024 ft
Canada

Snowy owl is my company name and I live in Northern Alberta ,Canada,makes sense now.lol
2016-1-19
Use props
w.toelis
lvl.3
Netherlands

I'm from Holland, my first name is Wim. I joined the Dutch Navy and my occupation was "Schrijver". That means I did de administration at a Naval base. Because the Dutch have a long history in the West Indies (Indonesia) you see a lot of words in Indonesian language especially in the Dutch Navy. Schrijver in Dutch is Toelis in Bahasa Indonesia.
The feathers in my  avatar are goosefeathers. A long long time ago we dipped the point of the feather in ink and wrote on paper with it :-)))))
2016-1-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules