Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HELP: Lens Calibration
3596 18 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DemolitionMan14
First Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got a dialog box that told me to calibrate my lens.  I decide to calibrate later and havent been able to calibrate since that dialog box.  Cant seem to find the option anywhere.  All photos are blurry.  Ideas?

2017-8-22
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9944 ft

Papaulo.martins Posted at 2017-8-23 05:24
There is a developing beta version that has adjusted the lens of my osmo Plus this version was provided to me by Administrator DJI Mindy, it's FW 1.4.0.70+ here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/potqt0ejzacrpnu/OSMO_FC350Z_FW_V01.06.00 .92.bin? Dl = 0

Thanks, it worked for me.
It not stable though, have a drift on gimbal, infinity focus not yet works on every condition, but focusing problem and picture softness resolved.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This function is associated to the future firmware of Osmo+, glad Papaulo helped to get it sorted, pleased don't post the link in Forum, I will send it to customers who need it, thanks.
2017-8-25
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-25 02:58
This function is associated to the future firmware of Osmo+, glad Papaulo helped to get it sorted, pleased don't post the link in Forum, I will send it to customers who need it, thanks.

Dear Mindy, as I wrote b4, that calibration possibility helps me, but infinity focus still not works properly. Anyhow, could you please advice, if I'll install now the latest official firmware, after calibrating, is this calibration data preserve or will be overwritten and I'll come to same softy and unusable futtage as before?
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Smaxta Posted at 2017-8-26 02:51
Dear Mindy, as I wrote b4, that calibration possibility helps me, but infinity focus still not works properly. Anyhow, could you please advice, if I'll install now the latest official firmware, after calibrating, is this calibration data preserve or will be overwritten and I'll come to same softy and unusable futtage as before?

Have you calibrated the lens after updating the beta firmware?
2017-8-29
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-29 01:05
Have you calibrated the lens after updating the beta firmware?

Yes, I've calibrated as per instruction. Manual focus becomes more reliable and continious aftofocus works pretty well. But infinity focus yet focusing somewhere it wants, specially it's noticeble when focusing over window. On my view, as photo hobbist, infinity should focus with maximum hiperfocal distance for this lens and focal length choosen. But in real it works like continious autofocus, with very narow DOF. It is really nice feature for manual focus, but by no means for "infinity".
2017-8-29
Use props
fans401c69a1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78428 ft
Spain

I have an equal or similar problem. The infinite focus is going to macro ...
And most of the material is slightly out of focus even using manual focus ...
The osmo + has two weeks of use, should I return it or wait for that firmware?
2017-8-29
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1
Ukraine

fans401c69a1 Posted at 2017-8-29 11:51
I have an equal or similar problem. The infinite focus is going to macro ...
And most of the material is slightly out of focus even using manual focus ...
The osmo + has two weeks of use, should I return it or wait for that firmware?

Now update for DJI Go App is available with lens calibration function added. Try it. Lens calibration helps me well, but I've managed it with beta firmware from Mindy.
If it possible, be so kind to drop your result here. Cheers
2017-8-29
Use props
petrobello
lvl.1
Spain

Smaxta Posted at 2017-8-29 12:25
Now update for DJI Go App is available with lens calibration function added. Try it. Lens calibration helps me well, but I've managed it with beta firmware from Mindy.
If it possible, be so kind to drop your result here. Cheers

I do not find that option in the app ...
I am an android user.
2017-8-29
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1
Ukraine

petrobello Posted at 2017-8-29 12:42
I do not find that option in the app ...
I am an android user.

I'm also on Android.
When on the viewfinder screen, tap camera and scroll down, under mic control have to be lens calibration
2017-8-29
Use props
DemolitionMan14
First Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-25 02:58

DJI Mindy, Can you please send to for iOS?  In the version I am currently running I was prompted once to calibrate but was in the middle of something and didn't get to do it and haven't been able to get the prompt back.
2017-8-29
Use props
petrobello
lvl.1
Spain

Smaxta Posted at 2017-8-29 12:51
I'm also on Android.
When on the viewfinder screen, tap camera and scroll down, under mic control have to be lens calibration

I do not understand what happens, I do not see that option in the camera menu, after the settings of the micro there is nothing else.
I have reinstalled the app and the same ...
2017-8-30
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1
United Kingdom

petrobello Posted at 2017-8-30 03:18
I do not understand what happens, I do not see that option in the camera menu, after the settings of the micro there is nothing else.
I have reinstalled the app and the same ...

Than, most probably, this function will be associatat with next firmware upgrade. As I've told- I've used beta firmware from Mindy. May be would be good to ask for same?
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 2017-8-29 16:52
DJI Mindy, Can you please send to for iOS?  In the version I am currently running I was prompted once to calibrate but was in the middle of something and didn't get to do it and haven't been able to get the prompt back.

This function is associate with the next firmware of Osmo+, the new firmware will be released very soon, please update in time.
2017-8-31
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35118 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 00:44
This function is associate with the next firmware of Osmo+, the new firmware will be released very soon, please update in time.

I'm so tired of these focus problems with my Osmo+, I use this device for corporate work and I'm getting too many out of focus shots. Today I was shooting outdoors and for some reason my Osmo+ just would not focus past a couple of metres so a lot of my landscape shots ended up out of focus!!!  I'm on android phone and cannot see a lens calibration option in the menu. My Osmo is on firmware 1.5.0.90

Where can I download this new firmware to fix this problem?
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OSMOPETE Posted at 2017-8-31 01:58
I'm so tired of these focus problems with my Osmo+, I use this device for corporate work and I'm getting too many out of focus shots. Today I was shooting outdoors and for some reason my Osmo+ just would not focus past a couple of metres so a lot of my landscape shots ended up out of focus!!!  I'm on android phone and cannot see a lens calibration option in the menu. My Osmo is on firmware 1.5.0.90

Where can I download this new firmware to fix this problem?

The new firmware will be released very soon, please wait for a few hours, there will be announcement in Forum, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-31
Use props
Delnyc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29206 ft
United States

I need this lens calibration instructions!  Thanks
2017-9-1
Use props
Maxnew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 835016 ft
Brazil

The new firmware version has been released. The calibration option is now available.
2017-9-5
Use props
AjaxAir
Flight distance : 82060 ft
United States

Maxnew Posted at 2017-9-5 07:26
The new firmware version has been released. The calibration option is now available.

found the lens calibration in camera button, instructions come in the update folder when downloading the zip file from support
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules