DJI refresh repair stalled! Help with ANY answers?
501 14 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul.shust
lvl.1
Flight distance : 500486 ft
United States

Hello-

Shipped in my Phantom 4 Pro that is covered under DJI refresh. I have amessage that an email has been sent to me on the 17th and I have yet to recieve anything. I have spoken with 3 representatives and they are unable to get my any clarification on whats going on. I wouyld mind if I didnt have 3 jobs booked for this drone next week. I am hoping to connect with an admin on this forum that can help me speed things along.

I have many, many times sent in various drones over the years and it has always been a nightmare. I was hoping after spending $ on refresh that things would be handled differently. Well... does not seem so.

2017-8-22
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have they given you a case number?
2017-8-22
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

just an idea, have you checked your spam folder?
2017-8-22
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

DJI has a phenomenal product, but their customer support is not at the same level.  The folks who answer the phones, emails and chats don't seem to have very up-to-date information.  This is not the fault of the customer service folks, it's just the way it is.  It's my personal belief that their customer service has not been able to stay in step with their sales.  The seem to be out of product, and when they do get the items in, they are sent to handle the new orders, instead of the repairs.  Again, I love my drone, but frustration about customer service is not a new problem.   
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Paul, we are sorry that you are experiencing difficulties, please post the case number here and we will look into what happened and get you an update soon, thanks.
2017-8-22
Use props
paul.shust
lvl.1
United States

Hello, DJI Mindy-

My case number is: CAS-886774-Z7L2Q7

I have attached a screenshot of my case progression that I am able to view. Before buying DJI refresh I was told turnaround times were between 3-7 days. I purchased it and had to exercise the coverage. I have had numerous discussions with service reps and supervisors and they have all be very kind. I have spoken to DJI at least a dozen times in this particular case, never getting a clear message. This is how I make my living and I was given expectation which has not been met. The website tells me that it is a one-day turnaround once the invoice has been paid. It has now been 5 days.

My frustration is at its peak. I really like your products and I have been a customer owning every version of the Phantom. I would expect better service as a professional to another professional company.

My thoughts are that the best insurance that is currently to own 2 drones.

Spoke with a supervisor today and he assured me that he will try everything in his power to get my drone shipped out today. but cannot promise anything.... This brings me back to not give any clear answer to my needs. I have a paid job with a client on this Friday, September 1st and currently do not have a drone.

I specifically paid to have my unit replaced, so I don't understand what is taking so long! Please, I ask for you to give me answers and not more times frames.

Thank you-

Paul
2017-8-30
Use props
paul.shust
lvl.1
United States

Hi, Antonio76-

Yes, thanks, that was my first thought that it was repeatedly gone to this folder. An invoice had to be generated directly by the supervisor. I was told I pay this and within 1 business day, it will be shipped out.

I must have spoken to DJI 100 times over the years and I have NEVER been satisfied with the end result. Sure people are nice, but that does not seem to solve any issues. Im getting ready to buy an Inspire 2 and do not look forward to having something ever happen to it.

To echo MrRobert5823, this is not a new issue and has not gotten any better over the years. Give us an option for true VIP service with hard dates and proper communication and we would be happy. I might as well be sending a raven to get a response. At least I would either have dragons burn down my castle or get an insult from a Lannister. Ha

Paul
2017-8-30
Use props
paul.shust
lvl.1
United States

Here is the screenshot of my DJI interface.
Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 11.13.53 AM.png
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

paul.shust Posted at 2017-8-30 10:29
Here is the screenshot of my DJI interface.

Paul, we are sorry to have kept you waiting for so long and inconvenience caused, we've checked the status, the drone has been shipped out already, I have PM you the shipping label, please check at your most convenience.
2017-8-30
Use props
7821 Film
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-30 21:13
Paul, we are sorry to have kept you waiting for so long and inconvenience caused, we've checked the status, the drone has been shipped out already, I have PM you the shipping label, please check at your most convenience.

Hello DJI Mindy- Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, it has been shipped out in time for my client shoot today in San Diego. Unfortunately... I turned on the craft and the video feed is giving artifacts in both the live video display and the raw footage from the micro SD card. My replacement drone does NOT HAVE THE NEWEST UPDATE. Is this common to ship out products without having the courtesy of making sure it has the newest update? I buy products from Nikon, RED etc... and it always has the newest firmware when I recieve it after repair. So this appears to be a defective camera. You can imagine the look on the face of the bride and groom when I tell them I will not be able to give them the aerial footage that they paid for. In return I will loose a lot of money. This is beyond frustrating. I am shooting a high rise architecture project on Friday for a large client. Now what am I to do. take another loss and wait 3 more weeks to get another defective product!! I am furious!

I will update this thread with video of the issue that I am having after my work is complete.

2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

7821 Film Posted at 2017-9-1 10:30
Hello DJI Mindy- Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, it has been shipped out in time for my client shoot today in San Diego. Unfortunately... I turned on the craft and the video feed is giving artifacts in both the live video display and the raw footage from the micro SD card. My replacement drone does NOT HAVE THE NEWEST UPDATE. Is this common to ship out products without having the courtesy of making sure it has the newest update? I buy products from Nikon, RED etc... and it always has the newest firmware when I recieve it after repair. So this appears to be a defective camera. You can imagine the look on the face of the bride and groom when I tell them I will not be able to give them the aerial footage that they paid for. In return I will loose a lot of money. This is beyond frustrating. I am shooting a high rise architecture project on Friday for a large client. Now what am I to do. take another loss and wait 3 more weeks to get another defective product!! I am furious!

I will update this thread with video of the issue that I am having after my work is complete.

I feel you pain, so sorry for that, usually the firmware will not be updated unless customer made a statement before. Please keep us updated about the video, we will try out best to help you out.
2017-9-3
Use props
7821 Film
lvl.1
United States

Here is a photo taken with the craft. Im sure I do not have to point out the issue here.

Sample picture taken

Sample picture taken
2017-9-3
Use props
7821 Film
lvl.1
United States

Here is a brief clip demonstrating the issue with media recorded.

2017-9-3
Use props
7821 Film
lvl.1
United States

I have updated the firmware on this craft before the above media was taken. I was told this craft was kept for additional days of testing... and it was tested again before it wemt out. This is clearly not the case and was not done. This does not happen in shipping. How am I to believ it was not just shipped out to shut me up??

I expect this to be overnighted roundtrip and replace with a new unit. This craft nneds to be back in my hands on Thusday September 7th.
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

7821 Film Posted at 2017-9-3 15:07
I have updated the firmware on this craft before the above media was taken. I was told this craft was kept for additional days of testing... and it was tested again before it wemt out. This is clearly not the case and was not done. This does not happen in shipping. How am I to believ it was not just shipped out to shut me up??

I expect this to be overnighted roundtrip and replace with a new unit. This craft nneds to be back in my hands on Thusday September 7th.

Paul, we are so sorry for the trouble you've been caused, the case has been escalated to local repair team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you after review, appreciate your patience.
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules