updating firmware and No-Fly Zones
3338 16 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Austria

So i got the new FW as most of you guys have as well.
I was able to install the new Firmware on all my batteries and my remote control successfully, but Assisstant 2 keeps telling me to update the No-Fly Zones.
Everytime i try to do this it downloads the update and then goes into "Transmitting..." where it is stuck at 0%.
I've tried several times now with both battieres. Restarted the drone and Assistant 2.
Any problems for you guys??
2017-8-22
Use props
SparkPete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83852 ft
Germany

Did it via the Go 4 app. Had the same problem when I tried via the RC.

Connected iPhone direktly to AC and used cellular for downloading the NFZ data. Worked reliable.
2017-8-22
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

I had this problem as well. I had to upgrade the RC firmware first, then it seemed to work for me.
2017-8-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

NFZ update?
How did that show up?
Have not seen a push for that!
2017-8-22
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It was for certain regions! I'm in the UK and carried out the update, iOS, RC all uptodate took about 60 seconds.
2017-8-22
Use props
SparkPete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83852 ft
Germany

It comes with the new GO 4 app (4.1.7 on iOS).

Did the firmware updates for AC, RC and batteries the day before but got the hang on NFZ update when connected via RC.

BTW. the NFZ data is app related so you have to do it on each phone or tablet you use.
2017-8-22
Use props
DamoR
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I wonder if the NFZ update fixes the "RTH route passes through a NFZ" error??
2017-8-22
Use props
Martin Lines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19147 ft
United Kingdom

The NFZ update stayed at 0% for a very long time, then instantly jumped to 100%  and done.

I tried to fly before this update occurred (within an Authorisation zone and with a valid unlock) but it would not enter Intelligent Flight Modes stating it was in an Authorisation zone and was not permitted.

After the NFZ update it seemed to have accepted the unlock and permitted Intelligent flying again (however I will go to a larger area to test this is actually working as I only tested in a local hover)
2017-8-22
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Austria

Ok the clue was you have to connect your phone directly to the spark, not through the Rc.
Who would know that! I'm sure many have the same problem as me since it is not mentioned anywhere, as far as I know.
Thanks guys for participating
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

So I guess you've got this sorted out, right? Please make sure that the internet is available when trying to update. If it is stuck at 0% for a long time, please try to reboot the drone and DJI Assistant 2 and update again. It always works.
2017-8-24
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Austria

Yes.
I had to connect my phone directly to the spark and not through the remote as I normally do.
2017-8-26
Use props
Didiko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18399 ft
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-24 01:17
So I guess you've got this sorted out, right? Please make sure that the internet is available when trying to update. If it is stuck at 0% for a long time, please try to reboot the drone and DJI Assistant 2 and update again. It always works.

As far as I am concerned,

just did the FW update for the Spark and its 3 batteries connected to my MacBookPro with the DJI application ASSISTANT.

Then, I updated the RC using the DJIGO4 app on my Android phone (Samsung S8).

Now, every time I start the procedure to start a flight, there is a popup on the phone saying that the NFZ needs to be updated (although it was done using the computer assistant), but, when I click the update button, the system repeatedly says "download error please check your connection to internet"... At that time my phone is connected to the RC by Wifi but has internet connection through cellular data of course.

Very strange: any clue to solve this issue please?

2017-8-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

I think, there is a bug in that update function!
Connecting the OP5 to RC via OTG: NO NFC update reminder but mobil data working!
But connecting it via wifi to RC, mobil data gets disconnected, and a NFC update message pops up
Can't download NFZ-update in "no mobil data" mode, right?
Switching off wifi lets me download the "update"
Switching on the rc wifi gets me "connect to ac", even if being connected to RC, and the LED is green

It MUST be possible, to update the NFC via RC connection

But anyway, b/c there is no update information, WITH mobil data on:

IS THERE a update, right now?
Or is it a malfunction, because the app can not check on it?
2017-8-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

"... At that time my phone is connected to the RC by Wifi but has internet connection through cellular data of course."

Habe you tried to browse the internet?
I just found out, starting the DJI app and connecting via wifi, the mobil data is ON BUT NOT AVAILABLE at my OP5
2017-8-26
Use props
Didiko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18399 ft
Belgium

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-8-26 04:23
"... At that time my phone is connected to the RC by Wifi but has internet connection through cellular data of course."

Habe you tried to browse the internet?

Thanks for your input.

Finally, I've placed the Spark back in direct flight mode to be able to connect my phone directly to its wifi (not via RC thus) and then, by switching to my home router when he was asking this famous NFZ update, I was able to download it.
Apparently this "database" is stored on your mobile phone and not on the drone because there was no transfer after the download process.

Best regards,
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Didiko Posted at 2017-8-26 02:56
As far as I am concerned,

just did the FW update for the Spark and its 3 batteries connected to my MacBookPro with the DJI application ASSISTANT.

Could you please provide me with your database info? It's on About at General Settings. You need to connect the drone first. A screenshot is appreciated.
Besides, if you use an Android device, it could not access WiFi and cellular data at the same time. When you download it, please connect to a WiFi with an available internet, or shut down WiFi.  
2017-8-31
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DamoR Posted at 2017-8-22 10:56
I wonder if the NFZ update fixes the "RTH route passes through a NFZ" error??

No, i still have this message..
2017-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules