Firmware Issues
2073 39 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlashHarri
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I have just completed Inspire 1 Firmware v01.11.01.50 (X3) text file said success, but I have difficulties.  
1. The app says the gimbal is not connected to the main controller - I have checked and the are no loss pins (it worked fine before the update)
2.  I have done a gimbal reset
3.  I try to do an IMU calibration and it says disconnected.
4. I select check IMU and it just thinks
5.  The is a constant bleeping noise

2017-8-22
Use props
FlashHarri
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2017-8-22
Use props
FlashHarri
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2017-8-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did you update the RC as well to the latest FW ?  Only do this if You are POSITIVE it says success on the SD card log for the latest update .  
Once you do that you may need to relink the AC to the RC, Not always but sometimes .

What FW did you jump from  to get to 1.11. was it like 1.4. or much later Fw on the system ?
What  is making that LOAD  beeping sound ?  Is that the RC transmitter ?  I can hear the tones on the AC but cant make them out clearly .

Did you Update the RC first ?  I HOPE NOT but tell us/me if you did .

donnie
2017-8-22
Use props
FlashHarri
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Donnie,  Thanks for the quick reply.  I don't remember the number but it was last December I did a firmware upgrade  and yes I upgraded both the  RC and AC.
2017-8-22
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

It sounds like the firmware is stuck. I have had that loud beeping before, I just left it for an hour while I went out (controller turned off) came back and it was ok. Several others on this and others forums had the same thing. May be worth a try.

Mark G.
2017-8-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

FlashHarri Posted at 2017-8-22 10:44
Hi Donnie,  Thanks for the quick reply.  I don't remember the number but it was last December I did a firmware upgrade  and yes I upgraded both the  RC and AC.

did you update the AC first then the RC ?

What is making that beeping sound ? is it on the Ac or RC ?

2017-8-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-8-22 10:45
It sounds like the firmware is stuck. I have had that loud beeping before, I just left it for an hour while I went out (controller turned off) came back and it was ok. Several others on this and others forums had the same thing. May be worth a try.

Mark G.

The part that throws me off is he says he had "success" on the log

donnie
2017-8-22
Use props
FlashHarri
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I updated the AC first, its the AC that is bleeping.  I tried to run the firmware again but the text file just says aborted same version
2017-8-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

FlashHarri Posted at 2017-8-22 10:44

I am assuming you updated the Aircraft first with the RC transmitter  off and then you updated the RC transmitter  with the aircraft off is that correct .

Are you on the latest version of FW for the AC and the RC as well as the go app ?

Do this Remove the FW update form the AC camera .

Now turn on the  RC transmitter first, then turn on the ?aircraft and last fire up the Go app .

What happens then ?  Can you start the motors then ?

donnie
2017-8-22
Use props
FlashHarri
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-22 10:50
I am assuming you updated the Aircraft first with the RC transmitter  off and then you updated the RC transmitter  with the aircraft off is that correct .

Are you on the latest version of FW for the AC and the RC as well as the go app ?

Yes latest version for both

Yes updated AC with RC off and then vice cersa

Yes have deleted Go App and reinstalled.

The bleeping is coming from the motors on the AC and they will not start

I get this in the App https://ibb.co/hFZXBk
I have tried to do a IMU Calibration but it just says disconnected (When I press the IMU button inthe app)
2017-8-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

FlashHarri Posted at 2017-8-22 10:49
I updated the AC first, its the AC that is bleeping.  I tried to run the firmware again but the text file just says aborted same version

Ok then I think you are updated on the Aircraft .  Now the RC is updated to the latest as well is that correct ?

If yes then I want you to do a re link, do you know how to do that ?  
2017-8-22
Use props
FlashHarri
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-22 10:57
Ok then I think you are updated on the Aircraft .  Now the RC is updated to the latest as well is that correct ?

If yes then I want you to do a re link, do you know how to do that ?

yes RC is on latest and no not done a relink before
2017-8-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

FlashHarri Posted at 2017-8-22 10:56
Yes latest version for both

Yes updated AC with RC off and then vice cersa

Ok once we duo a re link form the ?Ac to the RC we can do an IMU calibration and a gimbal calibration , looks to me like we lost connection between the two as I see NO flashing light not on the AC and  no light on the RC , I am assuming it is red .

So here  are directions to re link
Inspire 1 =  HOW TO RE LINK ***After you do an update to the AC and Or RC you may loose connection between the RC transmitter and the aircraft .  Once you confirm that you have the proper updates on the AC and RC  go to the Remote contol Settings tab on the go app.  go to the bottom and in blue highlight it will say "Linking  Remote Controler".  Before you press that , make sure you can find the Red link button on ther aircraft , it is inside the Main fuselage behind the right top silver nose cone screw ,  ( You do NOT have to take anything apart to find it ) may need a flashlight  to see it.  Once you find it have the AC and RC on and press link button on Go app  , you will then have 60  seconds to press the red button on the aircraft, press and hold that button in firmly for about 5 seconds, let go .  You should then have a success box on the go app.   

2017-8-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

FlashHarri Posted at 2017-8-22 10:56
yes RC is on latest and no not done a relink before

REMOVE THE SD CARD FROM THE AC BEFORE DOING THE RE LINK .

Also when you shot the video you had the FW still in the aircraft  is that correct ?  It is my contention that you are updated as long as you read the log correctly , the latest FW update will be  AT THE VERY BOTTOM of the page , as long as you are updated on the AC and the RC then simply re linking  should do the trick .

Once we re link

we wiil do an IMU calibration

Then immediatly do a camera gimbal calibration

The above should solve those MC center board failures and also the 8 pin gimbal failure .

I will check back soon

donnie
2017-8-22
Use props
FlashHarri
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-22 11:01
Ok once we duo a re link form the ?Ac to the RC we can do an IMU calibration and a gimbal calibration , looks to me like we lost connection between the two as I see NO flashing light not on the AC and  no light on the RC , I am assuming it is red .

So here  are directions to re link

sorry took me a moment to find the red button.  Have done the relink, but still cant do IMU calibration says disconnected
2017-8-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

FlashHarri Posted at 2017-8-22 11:08
sorry took me a moment to find the red button.  Have done the relink, but still cant do IMU calibration says disconnected

are you getting full data ?  do you have a green flashing light on the AC ?  Is there a green light on the RC transmitter ?

DID YOU REMOVE THE SD CARD WITH THE FW ON IT FROM THE CAMERA!!!
THE RE LINK WAS A SUCCESS IS THAT CORRECT ?

I am looking into the IMU problem .
2017-8-22
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-22 11:08
are you getting full data ?  do you have a green flashing light on the AC ?  Is there a green light on the RC transmitter ?

DID YOU REMOVE THE SD CARD WITH THE FW ON IT FROM THE CAMERA!!!

Hey there Donnie, just curious about the SD card.

What would happen if it is left in there? Is that only because that was being used for firmware update for the cam?

I usually leave mine in there permanently, when linking RC, doing firmware updates, etc. Hopefully I'm not breaking something!
2017-8-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

FlashHarri Posted at 2017-8-22 11:08

ARE YOU SURE you are updated on the RC transmitter  to the latest ?  when you updated it may have just updated you to the next update and not to the latest one .  Go  to the "About" tab on the RC and confirm this please.  Let me know what version of go app and the RC and AC you are on , take a pic.

Also can you take a picture of the log with the latest FW , it will be on the bottom of the page , take a pic like you did of the error on the system .

What do you mean you did a gimbal reset ?  do you mean you reset  "The Gimbal Yaw Reset "  ??? Just want to make sure what you did here

something does not sound right

donnie

2017-8-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-22 11:15
Hey there Donnie, just curious about the SD card.

What would happen if it is left in there? Is that only because that was being used for firmware update for the cam?

Just not a good idea as it can cause issues sometimes ,  I always remove mine and set it aside and do updates with just one SD card .  I have heard of problems and just choose not to have it on the AC, Everytime you turn on the Ac it is going to do a re boot thinking there is an update if you leave it on there .

If I were you I would remove it and fly with a fresh formatted SD card .  The Update once installed does NOTHING  but can cause issues .  
Also I noticed on his system there was no flahing light and it was beeping , so not sure where  he was at in the process .  dont watn it updating while trying to re link etc.

cheers -donnie
2017-8-22
Use props
FlashHarri
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ok have re-done the firmware update using a different SD Card and can now see IMU calibration so thank you for that.
Thanks for you help it is VERY much appreciated
2017-8-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

FlashHarri Posted at 2017-8-22 11:30
ok have re-done the firmware update using a different SD Card and can now see IMU calibration so thank you for that.
Thanks for you help it is VERY much appreciated

So if you can see that you should be back in business . If the update did actually NOT work then you MUST have been reading the Log wrong .  Mark was correct with the Update not being correct .

So , now you should be back in business because you MUST have communication between the RC and the AC .  those Error codes should go away once you calibrate the IMU and do a Gimbal calibration , make sure you are on a DEAD level surface and dont go near it till finished as even foot vibration to say a table can effect it .

good Luck

donnie
2017-8-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-8-22 10:45

Mark G.

You were correct it was and Update problem , he re did the update and seems to have solved the issue for now.  I was thrown off when he saw he had success on the Log but he must have been reading the log wrong .

anyhow .... alls well that ends well.. ( I HOPE ) ... I love happy endings

Cheers buddy

donnie
2017-8-22
Use props
FlashHarri
lvl.1
United Kingdom

all good and up and running again.. many thanks
2017-8-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

FlashHarri Posted at 2017-8-22 11:41
all good and up and running again.. many thanks

Cool -cheers

donnie
2017-8-22
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Sorry guys, I wasn't following this. My firmware said success but I was getting the same loud beeping etc. When I read up on it there was a lot of others experiencing the same thing. Anyhoo, glad it's all fixed now.

Mark G.
2017-8-22
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-22 11:25
Just not a good idea as it can cause issues sometimes ,  I always remove mine and set it aside and do updates with just one SD card .  I have heard of problems and just choose not to have it on the AC, Everytime you turn on the Ac it is going to do a re boot thinking there is an update if you leave it on there .

If I were you I would remove it and fly with a fresh formatted SD card .  The Update once installed does NOTHING  but can cause issues .  

Cool, thanks for the info, Donnie!
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the late response, just come back from holiday. We are so glad the problem got sorted out, DJI really appreciates the assistance of those users with rich experience.
Well done, Donnie.
2017-8-25
Use props
fans14946b14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155210 ft
Australia

Im having the same issue, whats going On?
2017-8-25
Use props
fans14946b14
lvl.1
Australia

Hello Team,
I am suffering a similar situation that started on a job a few days ago, I've followed your direction but still come up with issues, see attached

2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

fans14946b14 Posted at 2017-8-25 22:08
Hello Team,
I am suffering a similar situation that started on a job a few days ago, I've followed your direction but still come up with issues, see attached

Please tell me your version of both RC and drone. A screenshot of the overall status is also needed. Thanks.
2017-8-28
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Hello Team,

Be suret to read this ENTIRE THREAD FIRST , make sure you are updated on the AC first !  Be sure the RC is OFF when updating the Aircraft !!VERY IMPORTANT !!

After the update did you update the IMU and the Gimbal ?  If not do so , be sure you are on a perfect level surface when doing the IMU calibration and follow the IMU calibration  ( immediatly ) with a Gimbal calibration .

Also did the Log ( on the SDD card ) show success after updating the Aircraft ?  If you are updated on the Ac to the latest update and are certain of success then update the RC as well.

If you are certain of the updates to both then doing the IMU and Gimbal calibrations should take care of the error  codes .

Be sure to update the Go app as well if not done so already and be sure to log into the app as well with username and password.

Let us know

donnie
2017-8-28
Use props
fans14946b14
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-28 01:00
Please tell me your version of both RC and drone. A screenshot of the overall status is also needed. Thanks.

Screen shots attached

IMG_3051.PNG
IMG_3050.PNG
IMG_3049.PNG
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your update. If you failed to update your inspire 1 many times, please contact our support and send it back for repair.
It may caused by hardware issue. Here is the link:
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-15
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

You need to make sure that you sign into the Go ap with your device ON, you dont have to start the motor but  fire up like this .

Before you do anything Log out of the DJI app completely on the go app device and any other computer that may have you logged in .

Fire up the Rc transmitter first , go app device ON but go app itself is closed .
Fire Up the aircraft
Now open the go  app but  BE SURE TO SIGN INTO  the app using email and Password.

Be sure to sync your flight records NOW as well , this will insure that you are connected to DJI servers.  This is done on the Page with the Inspire Pic on the go app just before opening the  main app itself, you will see an Paper airplane Icon on the top left corner, press and hold that in to get to the flight records, Update ( sync ) from there .

Now this will get the FW up to date  ( the + sigan after the camera firmware version  ) on the DJI servers and also eliminate the Distance Lock at 50 meters.
No whsuyt down the system and re boot .

Once this is completed the  Overall Status warning can be eliminated by doing a IMU calibration as well as immediately doing a Camera gimbal calibration .  Those warning are  NOT real and a result of the servers not syncing up with your system , so dont think the Main board has failed and what not .  I think this is a glitch in their system .  I had that happen to me once and It fixed mine .

good Luck , hope this makes sense.

donnie
2017-9-16
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Hello Team,

Check my above post if having the same issue as the other forum member.

donnie
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-8-22 12:03
Sorry guys, I wasn't following this. My firmware said success but I was getting the same loud beeping etc. When I read up on it there was a lot of others experiencing the same thing. Anyhoo, glad it's all fixed now.

Is the firmware up to date on both the remote and the aircraft? Have you tried to relink the remote to the aircraft?
2017-9-16
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-16 07:03
Is the firmware up to date on both the remote and the aircraft? Have you tried to relink the remote to the aircraft?

Thanks, Mark but this was over a year ago, all sorted now.

Mark G.
2017-9-16
Use props
mario costa
New
Flight distance : 53353 ft

Australia

I am having a problem too. After upgrading to latest version on 12 Oct 2017, the gimbal tilt (up and down) does not work. Only right to left. Any ideas how to fix it? I have Inspire 1 with Z3. Thanks
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mario costa Posted at 2017-10-12 17:26
I am having a problem too. After upgrading to latest version on 12 Oct 2017, the gimbal tilt (up and down) does not work. Only right to left. Any ideas how to fix it? I have Inspire 1 with Z3. Thanks

Please check if you set C1 or C2 as gimbal pitch/yaw switching button in RC Settings.
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules