Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Focus Fixers YES!! :) (for DJI Goggles)
7833 39 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Got my Focus Fixers in & installed (2.25x).  WOW, these most certainly fix the focus issue and partial ghosting.  These also nearly eliminate any light bleed from the temple region of the head.  
Flying the Mavic REALLY felt immersive & more like what was advertised.  720/60 & 1080/30 now look drastically different in clarity when there was hardly a difference before.  The IPD dial now has a larger impact on image quality & had to be re-adjusted, of course.
Install was a cinch as they just tightly slide over each eyepiece.  They arrived fully assembled, also.  

If you have the DJI Goggles, do yourself a favor and check out focus-fixers.com.

2017-8-22
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4780 ft
Canada

I don't disagree that they work. I just have a hard time with needing to go to a third party to fix a problem on a product as expensive as a pair of dji goggles. Here in Canada I will have to pay almost $75 . Just doesn't seem to sit right in my gut.
2017-8-22
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I'm glad to hear that you got your focus and light bleeding problems worked out. Now that I've had the goggles a while I'm spoiled and it's hard to imagine going without them.
2017-8-23
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Are you in any way associated with focus-fixers.com? (just asking for the record)
2017-8-23
Use props
Mavic Marauder
lvl.1
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-23 11:32
Are you in any way associated with focus-fixers.com? (just asking for the record)

Thats a very good question
2017-8-23
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

Mavic Marauder Posted at 2017-8-23 13:49
Thats a very good question

Yes, still waiting on an answer.  It would be good to get comments about these from someone who is unbiased. That may be what we have here but the comments seem a bit too effusive.
2017-8-24
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-24 05:55
Yes, still waiting on an answer.  It would be good to get comments about these from someone who is unbiased. That may be what we have here but the comments seem a bit too effusive.

I'm pretty sure he's not connected with them other than being a happy customer. DRONE-flies-YOU has been on this forum a while and previously posted about liking the goggles but having a little trouble focusing and with the light bleeding, so I'm 95% sure that he's just posting his experiences so that others can benefit from them.
2017-8-24
Use props
dspecgsx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 810636 ft
United States

Drone Lady Posted at 2017-8-22 17:50
I don't disagree that they work. I just have a hard time with needing to go to a third party to fix a problem on a product as expensive as a pair of dji goggles. Here in Canada I will have to pay almost $75 . Just doesn't seem to sit right in my gut.

agree - these look 3D printed.  Are these made from a plastic mold or are they 3D printed?
2017-8-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-24 06:38
I'm pretty sure he's not connected with them other than being a happy customer. DRONE-flies-YOU has been on this forum a while and previously posted about liking the goggles but having a little trouble focusing and with the light bleeding, so I'm 95% sure that he's just posting his experiences so that others can benefit from them.

Great--thanks for that reassurance!  
2017-8-24
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

dspecgsx Posted at 2017-8-24 06:41
agree - these look 3D printed.  Are these made from a plastic mold or are they 3D printed?

I think the website says 3D printed.  They look pretty cool.  Even the tabs that hold the lens in place doubles as a press-on point when 'installing' these.  Also since there is some curvature to the lens, this helps tremendously with the light bleed from the temples from not having a ROUND HEAD (weird, right?).  

The guy's name is Chris that makes these out of Texas.  He's a one-man show & we're very lucky he not only found and designed this solution, but shared it with us.  

**If you have the DJI Goggles, you sort of NEED these to get the most out of them as the DJI engineers envisioned.  Just too bad they set the focus for people with horrible eyesight.  Not sure what to make of people making crap up in the comments???  Look, I rarely chime-in here anymore (wonder why), so when I do, I try to provide clear and concise FACTUAL information for everyone's benefit.
2017-8-24
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-24 09:10
Great--thanks for that reassurance!

Just buy them...  You'll be VERY happy.   

*Be sure you figure out the correct magnification needed by trying on reading glasses @ 10".
2017-8-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-8-24 09:26

Just to be clear, are you connected with this company?
2017-8-24
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-24 10:56
Just to be clear, are you connected with this company?

No. And I paid full pop for 'em too.  LOL, do you wear that helmet full-time or what dude?  Sort of thought we had clarity on this already...
2017-8-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-8-24 12:42
No. And I paid full pop for 'em too.  LOL, do you wear that helmet full-time or what dude?  Sort of thought we had clarity on this already...

Since you didn't reply before, I thought it best to settle the issue. Thanks!
2017-8-25
Use props
Mavic Marauder
lvl.1
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-8-24 12:42

do you wear that helmet full time?  LMAO!!!!!!1
2017-9-3
Use props
userabb71874c2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2187953 ft
United States

I just received mine and now my Mavic world is in focus!!!!
Thank you!
2017-10-20
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Please put the word GOGGLES in the thread description... many people (like me) will think this is a fix for the camera focus...
2017-10-20
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

I ordered a set and shipping to Zambia was a challenge. Chris was professional and helpful in getting it organized, the sort of service you don’t see much these days.

No I’m not affiliated…. And can’t wait for them to arrive!

2017-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-23 11:32

Sure looks like it.
GET IT NOW!
2017-10-21
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-10-20 20:56
Please put the word GOGGLES in the thread description... many people (like me) will think this is a fix for the camera focus...

Done! Hope this helps everyone.
2017-10-21
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-10-21 23:28
Done! Hope this helps everyone.

Nice!!
2017-10-22
Use props
James Perkins4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4037841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree. Wow. the Focus fixers made the goggles focus! The concave shape of these snap on lens makes the whole screen in focus for the first time. I would otherwise be constantly adjusting the goggle on my head to get the piece of the screen I needed into focus. Now it looks like a  curved screen projection in HD..
2017-11-19
Use props
jdjeff
lvl.3
United States

Yeah....I guess I'm on the list to get these also.  I wear contact lenses and as much as I HATE Fartshack goggles, at least I don't need any lens correction to see a focused image.  I never thought the DJI goggles would be out of focus with my already CORRECTED vision?!  But I have been looking around for a product like this and I'm glad I stopped in here.
2017-12-6
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my Focus Fixers yesterday and they work better than I thought..I was using cheap reading glasses from Walgreens and they had a little sun leakage but now it’s, for me, perfect. I’m quite happy with them and no I have nothing to do with the company...just sayin they worked for me.
2017-12-19
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been watching, They're perpetually sold out. Take my money? Not so much.

Update: Sold out until February. So, I bought Cheater reading glasses.
Jeff
2018-1-24
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

I need these as well for my old eyes. One question I need to ask as FOCUS FIXERS are not accepting any orders yet is do you know if you can pay using PAYPAL???
2018-2-1
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

An alternative is this: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-goggles-corrective-lenses?vid=3690. However, I bought them in mid-December and have not received anything yet.
Answer from DJI (mid-January): "Please understand that your order will be shipped. We just do not have the estimated shipping date yet because the item is currently in back order. Please know that we are doing our best to shipping out all orders on time and we take these matters seriously and appreciate the patience with this. We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you and understand that you not only invested your money in this but also your time.
You will receive an email confirmation including the tracking number after your order has been shipped out. Delivery usually takes 3-5 business days after shipment.
Your patience and understanding on this matter are greatly appreciated."

The FocusFixers are very good, but they fog when it is a bit colder outside. And yes, I paid with PP.
2018-2-1
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

DaMa Posted at 2018-2-1 23:18
An alternative is this: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-goggles-corrective-lenses?vid=3690. However, I bought them in mid-December and have not received anything yet.
Answer from DJI (mid-January): "Please understand that your order will be shipped. We just do not have the estimated shipping date yet because the item is currently in back order. Please know that we are doing our best to shipping out all orders on time and we take these matters seriously and appreciate the patience with this. We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you and understand that you not only invested your money in this but also your time.
You will receive an email confirmation including the tracking number after your order has been shipped out. Delivery usually takes 3-5 business days after shipment.

Nice to know you can pay with PayPal. My goggles fog up anyway at the moment after a few minutes as its summer here in Australia and when I go flying first thing in the morning the humidity is around 60 to 80 percent. Would be nice if they had a little fan in them.........
2018-2-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
United States

DaMa Posted at 2018-2-1 23:18
Answer from DJI (mid-January): "Please understand that your order will be shipped. We just do not have the estimated shipping date yet because the item is currently in back order. Please know that we are doing our best to shipping out all orders on time and we take these matters seriously and appreciate the patience with this. We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you and understand that you not only invested your money in this but also your time.

Wow!  They ripped-off the guy's design.  That's horrible, but expected from them.
2018-2-2
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

My lenses from DJI are on the way. In few days I can test them...
2018-2-9
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DaMa Posted at 2018-2-9 02:08
My lenses from DJI are on the way. In few days I can test them...

Perhaps DJI will supply these to all who purchased the goggles FOC
2018-2-9
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

<<<<<<<<<<<And just for the record I am online not offline as stated left.
2018-2-9
Use props
Blue Warfare
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46512 ft
United States

I just got my focus fixers today (2.25) and they are absolutely amazing! I can see the screen very clearly and crisp. Amazing product and worth every dollar. I highly recommend it!
2018-2-9
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-8-24 09:26

I've been trying to! They send out an email saying they are available then in less than a hour they're sold out again.
2018-2-9
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-9 19:03
The goggles actually do have a fan in them, though I think it is cooling the electronics.  Listen carefully & you'll hear the fan. They should have made it dial purpose to vent the lens area.

TOTALLY AGREE.......
2018-2-9
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-9 19:03
The goggles actually do have a fan in them, though I think it is cooling the electronics.  Listen carefully & you'll hear the fan. They should have made it dial purpose to vent the lens area.

I don't hear it but maybe I have to wait for hot weather. Agree though that it would be a great feature to have the fan vent to the eye area.  (Listening DJI?)
2018-2-10
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Mine arrived in an amazing packaging ... but I found them...

Both (FoxusFixers and DJI) do what they should. Those of DJI fog only outside, so a slight plus, but they wear in the nose area a little more on - a slight minus. All in all, a draw. Optic was not in the ranking...
IMG_3142.JPG
IMG_3143.JPG
2018-2-13
Use props
chris.green.imagebuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13901 ft
  • >>>
United States

DaMa Posted at 2018-2-13 04:07
Mine arrived in an amazing packaging ...  but I found them...

Both (FoxusFixers and DJI) do what they should. Those of DJI fog only outside, so a slight plus, but they wear in the nose area a little more on - a slight minus. All in all, a draw. Optic was not in the ranking...

Hi Chris from Focus-Fixers here.   In our initial prototype testing we found several folks who had issues with their nose hitting the lens assemblies.  We spent alot of time redesigning the frame and lens cut to steer clear of the bridge of the nose. Our design works best to keep the lens assemblies from touching your nose especially if you need a higher diopter value lens which is naturally thicker.  We also found that they can be a bit fidgety to remove depending on your hand size,  weather, etc.. so we built in a handle to make it easier.

Thanks for all the great customer comments here as they are very encouraging.  If I can help answer any questions please feel free to email me at chris@focus-fixers.com

Chris
2018-3-5
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Great Chris, I have just had Two new lenses installed in my eyes after cataract removal, it's wonderful, everything from a Metre to infinity is in sharp focus with the eyeball Mk2.
(Reading glasses may be needed for up-close fine print but no matter I used to have Three pairs which was a pain.)
And now I have a choice of having my skilled Optometrist make me some special specs just for my RE Goggs or get the adaptors.
My quandary is, how do you know what strength lenses you need?
TY.
2018-3-14
Use props
chris.green.imagebuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skymax. Posted at 2018-3-14 00:20
Great Chris, I have just had Two new lenses installed in my eyes after cataract removal, it's wonderful, everything from a Metre to infinity is in sharp focus with the eyeball Mk2.
(Reading glasses may be needed for up-close fine print but no matter I used to have Three pairs which was a pain.)
And now I have a choice of having my skilled Optometrist make me some special specs just for my RE Goggs or get the adaptors.

Please visit this lens selection guide

https://www.focus-fixers.com/select-a-lens

Should be very helpful
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules