Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Owner... Nearly....
1315 25 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_inqa137
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys...

Ordered a spark ........ but really wanted a Mavic.... Couldn't afford the Mavic Fly more so settled for the Spark.... Hmm read a little too much I think - Sparks falling out of the sky etc.... Ordered the Mavic (solo) as well.
Tell me I've made the right decision!
Will just send the spark back I think - My decisions were based on the better flight time... this is key I guess and the more stable flying and comms with the controller... I have a Google Pixel XL phone that I will be using and have already ordered a spare battery - 2 will have to do for now.

I am already looking at a landing mat.... some leg extenders ..... any advice for me when I get the drone? or good links and videos to watch before hand would be great

Am based in the UK.

It is my first drone but have flew some helicopters a few years ago....

Looking forward to it.

Thanks for reading

2017-8-22
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

cheers congrats man.. it is an awesome piece of technology . i would try and pick up a controller on ebay. i flew mine 1st time with phone only and end up having to send in for a 300$ repair. juss sayn    . good luck either way ! Happy safe flying
2017-8-22
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

cheers congrats man.. it is an awesome piece of technology . i would try and pick up a controller on ebay. i flew mine 1st time with phone only and end up having to send in for a 300$ repair. juss sayn    . good luck either way ! Happy safe flying
2017-8-22
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Congrats on the Mavic Purchase....

I like the Spark and love the design but range is terrible unfortunately and being in the UK the sparks range is even worse.  

Here are some things I recommend for the Mavic, I have purchased most of them myself.

Case: http://amzn.to/2vcceKs (Nice case, well made and good price)

Landing Pad: http://amzn.to/2xqtZGt (Twist and fold to the size of a dinner plate approx)

Feet: http://amzn.to/2xqyS2t (Mavic is low to the ground so this helps with keeping the blades away from grass)

SD: http://amzn.to/2vcDkRA (I have problems with the included SD card and brought this instead, its super fast and had no issues, it also improves transfer time from card to PC/Mac as it is 4K Rated)

2017-8-22
Use props
Charli27
lvl.1
Australia

Congrats mate I was a bit like you ummed and arred over it for months read forum articles after articles and last weekend bit the bullet and brought the mavic fly more pack
2017-8-22
Use props
Sosai X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 691900 ft
United States

I've been going back and forth between the Mavic and the Spark, and did likely the same thing as you - "Do I get the Spark fly more combo, or do I suck it up and spend a bit more to get the Mavic, which I REALLY want?"   I think I'll eventually want to get the Spark, once the bugs are all sorted out, but I finally - just an hour ago, in fact - pulled the trigger on getting the Mavic, buying the $1010 package DJI put together where you get the extra battery plus gear extenders.   I was going to get the extenders at some point anyway, so I figured might as well get them for $11 instead of $30 and get a free extra battery in the process.     This will be my first "real" drone unless you count the Mavic knock-off Visuo XS209HW that I've had for two months and practiced on.   Watch all the YouTube videos on the Mavic that you can; I've easily watched 20 hours of video or more on it in the past few months and found them to be immensely helpful.   I hope you'll feel the same!
2017-8-22
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Sosai X Posted at 2017-8-22 14:45
I've been going back and forth between the Mavic and the Spark, and did likely the same thing as you - "Do I get the Spark fly more combo, or do I suck it up and spend a bit more to get the Mavic, which I REALLY want?"   I think I'll eventually want to get the Spark, once the bugs are all sorted out, but I finally - just an hour ago, in fact - pulled the trigger on getting the Mavic, buying the $1010 package DJI put together where you get the extra battery plus gear extenders.   I was going to get the extenders at some point anyway, so I figured might as well get them for $11 instead of $30 and get a free extra battery in the process.     This will be my first "real" drone unless you count the Mavic knock-off Visuo XS209HW that I've had for two months and practiced on.   Watch all the YouTube videos on the Mavic that you can; I've easily watched 20 hours of video or more on it in the past few months and found them to be immensely helpful.   I hope you'll feel the same!

Buy a mavic. More battery time
2017-8-22
Use props
Drone-Mike
First Officer

United Kingdom

Have a look at these guys:

https://www.heliguy.com/dji-c610/mavic-pro-c874

Always a great service.

I do love my Spark but the Mavic is a much better product! Enjoy your flying!
2017-8-23
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both and I have to agree the Mavic is much better drone than the Spark even though the Spark is a lot of fun when you feel like zipping around.  Good luck.
2017-8-23
Use props
Firefox2k2
Flight distance : 94229 ft
United Kingdom

Keep both

Both fantastic drones you cannot really go wrong with either.

But recommend buying DJI care refresh for peace of mind whatever drone you settle on.
2017-8-23
Use props
FlyingLocksmith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154206 ft
Sweden

I upgraded from P3P to Mavic for the portability. I looked at the Spark but the range was much less than the Mavic. I'm very happy with my choice, and you will be too without doubt. UK also
2017-8-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Living in Europe, keep the Mavic.  Euro range on the Spark is just terrible. They are both fantastic quads though.
2017-8-23
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

@ the OP ...... Don't understand, you said you could not afford the Mavic Fly more package (Circa £1350) so bought the Spark (£520 for the base package or £700 for Fly more Combo) and you bought the Mavic (£1099 for the base package) or did you buy the 3DR Solo (£1000 approx)

Either way, you have spent well over the price of the Mavic fly more you claim you could not afford! ....... Confused

Anyway, I would keep both. Not flown the Spark but like you I nearly went for the Fly more package but then ended up getting the Mavic fly more.

Great bit of kit.
2017-8-23
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Firefox2k2 Posted at 2017-8-23 03:50
Keep both

Both fantastic drones you cannot really go wrong with either.

Mavic Pro does not seem to be covered by the 'Care Refresh'  warranty, neither does the Spark ...

http://www.dji.com/service/djicare/info#dji-care-info-s1

Or am I missing something ?
2017-8-23
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Recommend Mavic Pro all the way and don't look back !   
2017-8-23
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Congrats! You choose the right drone.
Mavic is the best.
But, please, consider buying a controller.
Cheers.
2017-8-23
Use props
djiuser_inqa137
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply guys. Spark is here. Not going to open it.
Mavic due tomorrow. To pretend I'm not like a kid at Christmas is an understatement
2017-8-23
Use props
CageyMoose
lvl.1
Canada

I'm a new owner myself and still getting comfortable with this amazing little piece of technology. I'm pretty confident you're going to be impressed and really enjoy your new Mavic!
2017-8-23
Use props
Brum Ken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Defo get the mavic over the spark you will have much more fun
2017-8-23
Use props
conuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

No I mean I ordered the spark... But can send it back.
Didn't want to spend 1350 on the mavic fly more.... But knew I really wanted the mavic over the spark... So 300 or so more... But think the mavic will be worth it.
So yeah I've spent 1k on the mavic only.... For the people who are saying get the remote for the mavic? It comes with it doesn't it?!
(by solo I meant the mavic on its own..... Forgive me if there's a solo mavic... Just the drone!)
2017-8-24
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Bigga J Posted at 2017-8-23 05:33
Mavic Pro does not seem to be covered by the 'Care Refresh'  warranty, neither does the Spark ...

http://www.dji.com/service/djicare/info#dji-care-info-s1

The link you provided is to "DJI Care", which is technically different from "DJI Care Refresh" despite the confusingly similar names. Care Refresh definitely is available for the Mavic (I have it myself) and the link to their page for it is here.
2017-8-24
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

"So 300 or so more... But think the mavic will be worth it"

Absolutely and yes it does come with the remote and of course a battery, set of props, phone cords, books etc
2017-8-24
Use props
Zorrr2
lvl.4
United States

I have flown drones for many years . . started with a palm size quad . . .  and worked up to a quad that could carry my GoPro.

This DJI Mavic Pro . . was my first DJI product which I did a LOTTT of research into before I took the plunge. I have always thought of DJI being an innovator . . that others follow close behind and try to copy. The design of this MP was a new approach . . something smaller than their previous models but . . still loaded with technology. The MP is loaded with some incredible features and will challenge a new owner !!!   But fear not . . the MP will dam near fly its self with the help of its GPS features. The video and picture quality is GREAT !! That thumb size camera is incredible as to how steady it is in flight.  And the top feature I love is the DISTANCE you can fly this quad . . WOOOOW . . and to have real time video right in front of me . . it just blows me away !!!

So if your dreaming between the two . . wait for the Mavic Pro . . it will be worth it !!!    Good luck !!!
2017-8-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have played with 2 sparks and now i have a mavic pro, and i will say mavic pro is a completely different animal, you will absolutely love it, range is bar none the best with occusync  the only issue i have with my mavic pro, and battery life is something the spark can only dream of..

2 things to look out for though

1 is it is way louder than spark, in the park today i could hear my mavic landing from 350 feet up, unmistakable buzzing (quiet area), whereas the spark is way way more subtle and quiet, which is good for playing around other people maybe using it to get tighter shots at parties and such or sneaking about..

other issue i have with mavic pro, may not be an issue just spooks me is the battery estimated run time..  i dont understand how such a large difference sometimes..  flying in sport mode today.. no issues estimated 15-20 minutes in sport, that's ok... then drops like rock down to 10 minutes like within 1 - 2 minutes.. i got spooked even my ex spark was more linear with battery meter than the mavic is, backed off, switched back to P-GPS (normal mode) 25mph and battery shot up to 21 minutes remaining ..  like what?  but  if you fly in normal mode it should be fantastic battery life, i was up at my farm and i was making passes for battery runtime test on my 2nd pack of the day..  20-30mph (non sport mode) i was getting very close to 20 minutes, this is at a higher altitude with 5mph winds and recording 4K 30fps.  bringing it down into the valley below my farm on battery pack 1 after that finished charging, where no wind i found about 25 minutes run time in non sport mode just casually cruising over the river a bit..  but sport mode tears the batteries up.
2017-8-24
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-24 03:50
The link you provided is to "DJI Care", which is technically different from "DJI Care Refresh" despite the confusingly similar names. Care Refresh definitely is available for the Mavic (I have it myself) and the link to their page for it is here.

Many thanks
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Welcome to the Mavic family. Looking forward wonderful pictures and videos from you.
2017-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules