Update - drifting backwards since.
1071 12 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deggers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181772 ft
United Kingdom

Just updated my mavic and launched it up to 50-100ft and it's drifting backwards not sat in place. Brought it right down to 4ft off the grass and same = not sitting in place. 13 sats. Compass and IMU showing green. Anyone same? Quite dark in the garden so only thing up on screen was ambient light warning. Collision sensors were off. Floor sensors on.

Suggested I calibrate the compass but nothing advised like this in the update and mavic was rock solid in the air before the update.

Will try it again in the morning.
2017-8-22
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

did you try deleting all you can out of the dji folder in your phone and doing a phone restart?
2017-8-22
Use props
Deggers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It's iOS so probably easier to trash the app and re install it for a fresh copy. It did update the app today.
2017-8-22
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Also maybe try a different sd card .....maybe.....who knows
2017-8-22
Use props
Rol
First Officer

United States

Anyone experiencing this with Android?
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please make sure that there is a fine GPS signal and test again. And I would recommend that you can fly a bit higher, calibrate the IMU and compass first in this flight. Please keep us updating if the problem persists.
2017-8-22
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

"...only thing up on screen was ambient light warning".

Try flying your Mavic again in adequate lighting conditions.
Did it display ATTI Mode on the RC?
2017-8-23
Use props
Murphy Lindo
New
United States

I also updated to the latest firmware last night. Upon manually launching my Mavic I noticed it would not stay steady at all (height, left right, back and forth) I was only about 20 feet off the ground so I immediately brought it back down. I then re-calibrated everything and tried again, but no luck. At that point it was getting dark to I shut it down for the night. I will try again after work today

I have been searching the forums for how to roll back to a previous version without any luck, if someone could reply with a link to the correct thread I would appreciate it

Thanks
2017-8-23
Use props
Deggers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So - appears to have been a low light issue ? But it should fly stable in low light right? - Taken it out today, calibrated the compass a couple of times. Appears ok. Panic over.
2017-8-23
Use props
Murphy Lindo
New
United States

Ok so tonight when I got home I fired up the Mavic and received an out of sync message. I proceeded with the update and all is well.
I am just curious why I never got this warning last night. Anyway after downloading I took it out into my yard and sent it up to about 50 and left it there for 10 minutes, then brought it back down to 10 feet till I received the low battery warning. It was steady as a rock. All is good to go
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Deggers Posted at 2017-8-23 15:38
So - appears to have been a low light issue ? But it should fly stable in low light right? - Taken it out today, calibrated the compass a couple of times. Appears ok. Panic over.

Good to know. If you fly the drone in a low light environment, and the GPS signal is weak, the drone will drift because it can use neither GPS nor VPS system for hovering. That might be the reason.
2017-8-24
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

what if vps is turned off?
2017-8-25
Use props
Deggers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'll just leave a closing message on this from my point of view. Mavics been out plenty of times now (not in low light) with .1000 firmware. All okay.

One thing to note was depite the mavic updating to .1000 through the controller and flew changing the batteries I did find that downloading dji assistance and plugging the mav in with each battery kicked further (battery) updates off which didn't seem to happen though controller alone.

I've started hand catching it now so downward VPS is off - but i didn't during this moment VPS was on but what DJI Thor says appears to sound like sense except it has 13 sats so enough to hold it in place not drift backwards?

Anyway as I say just wanted to close this off for me. Might take it out in low light again one day and at least I will be more aware of watching for drift behaviour.

Thanks all.
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules