Spark Battery Update
40472 23 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans162d3b61
New
Flight distance : 12680 ft
United States

What is the best way to update each of my Spark batteries?
2017-8-23
Use props
HTWEELZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 141549 ft
United States

I do the update with one battery and then I turn off everything and install another battery.  When you turn everything on the app will say incompatible firmware version or something like that and ask you to update again.  So you hit Ok and it will update that battery.  Repeat as necessary for each battery you have.
2017-8-23
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

That is the best way.
2017-8-23
Use props
Elo0906
New
Netherlands

Mine only says that it can't take off because of the battery firmware. Becuase I dont have a computer my 2nd battery is now useless.
2017-8-23
Use props
Biowizard
lvl.1
United Kingdom

WOW! Now that's quite a rigmarole! Three Spark Batteries (all then recharged as they'd been in use), multiple power-cycles of the Spark itself.

There has to be a better way! Is there not enough spare memory in the drone, that out-of-date battery firmware cannot be stored, and directly uploaded at power-up, by the drone?

Just a thought!

Brian
2017-8-23
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

HTWEELZ Posted at 2017-8-23 04:08
I do the update with one battery and then I turn off everything and install another battery.  When you turn everything on the app will say incompatible firmware version or something like that and ask you to update again.  So you hit Ok and it will update that battery.  Repeat as necessary for each battery you have.

This is the best way.  I prefer this as Assistant doesn't always work for me.
2017-8-23
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Elo0906 Posted at 2017-8-23 05:54
Mine only says that it can't take off because of the battery firmware. Becuase I dont have a computer my 2nd battery is now useless.

I got a new batt, today
plugged it in, started AC, started RC, connected phone, DJI app tells you, ok, told me to update.

Afaik the update is now IN the spark. And will be updated from phone and without a computer
2017-8-23
Use props
fansbb51ebc2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3678 ft
Germany

Elo0906 Posted at 2017-8-23 05:54

I had the same problem. Here is my solution:
- When you press and hold the 3 bars at the top right corner of the start-screen of the DJI Go 4-App, it allows you to "downgrade" your firmware. I choose the newest firmware and flashed that (again). This way my second battery also did get the update.
2017-8-23
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Turn off everything except your mobile, kill Dji Go 4, then turn rc on . Wait until rc link with your wifi on mobile then start DJI Go 4. Wait until "Latest firmware ...". Now put the not updated battery into Spark, turn it on and wait. You should gat "Inconsistant firmware found slide to upgrade". Do it and wait until finished.
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can update them either by DJI GO 4 app or DJI Assistant 2. Both of them work. But if you don't get the upgrade prompt on the app, you might need to connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 to upgrade then.

2017-8-23
Use props
RunnerFive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8143 ft
United States

Still a little confused on why didn't have an option to update the battery on the DJI GO4 app but when I triedto fly it says the battery firmware isn't up to date. Eventually I downloaded the DJI assistant on my PC and was able to update the battery that way. Seems a little confusing and not sure why I couldn't take off since it wasn't even Sept 1st yet.
2017-8-26
Use props
djiuser_vjoNGy8
New
United Kingdom

Well I give up. I've tried Everything suggested. I have a mac and the Assistant 2 doesn't work/connect to the Spark. It just doesn't give the option to upgrade the battery firmware yet you can't take off and tells you that you need to upgrade.
2017-8-26
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_vjoNGy8 Posted at 2017-8-26 14:13
Well I give up. I've tried Everything suggested. I have a mac and the Assistant 2 doesn't work/connect to the Spark. It just doesn't give the option to upgrade the battery firmware yet you can't take off and tells you that you need to upgrade.

When you connect to the PC are you turning the spark on, it needs to be ?

2017-8-26
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

best way is on dji assistant on computer
2017-8-26
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

yes i have windows
2017-8-27
Use props
Clark W. Griswo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 728314 ft
United States

fansbb51ebc2 Posted at 2017-8-23 13:42
- When you press and hold the 3 bars at the top right corner of the start-screen of the DJI Go 4-App, it allows you to "downgrade" your firmware. I choose the newest firmware and flashed that (again). This way my second battery also did get the update.

This is the solution. Try it.
2017-8-27
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Generally I update batteries with RC and DJI GO4. I bought 3 new batteries and only once (for one battery) App ask me to update actually said "firmware is inconstant" and that battery was updated. Another two I didnt get any option to update firmware or any inconstant message but spark inform only "cannot take off" then when I click this message show me reason "update battery FW". I had to use DJI assistant 2 on PC and connect.  After this I picked up option firmware update and then firmware refresh. I worked well for both.
2017-9-3
Use props
fans1d2a88df
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16490 ft
United States

fansbb51ebc2 Posted at 2017-8-23 13:42

Just wanted to say thanks.  Was stuck in a loop where the batteries won't work but can't upgrade them.  Your little trick was the magic.  After doing the first of my spare batteries the app did what it was supposed to do and prompt me to slide the slider and upgrade the batteries.  Was frustrated badly, thanks again.
2017-9-6
Use props
King Drew
New
United States

My battery's will not update I dont even get the message to update battery's.  When I try to fly it says battery's need to be updated.  Please help
2017-9-19
Use props
daveddo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158009 ft
United States

I had this issue when I first started updating my extra batteries that I had just purchased. I closed the DJI GO 4 app and restarted the drone and that did the trick, though.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

King Drew Posted at 2017-9-19 18:39
My battery's will not update I dont even get the message to update battery's.  When I try to fly it says battery's need to be updated.  Please help

Reinstall the APP, see if it works. If it is the same, please insert this battery into the drone, then refresh the firmware of the drone via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-9-20
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328474 ft
United States

I just had a similar issue.  I charged up a new battery and when I went to fly, I got prompted for the update.  Since it was nearing sunset and I only had a few min, I ignored the message, turned off the Spark and put in my original battery.

So today I put in the new battery again to install the update.  I started up the Drone, Controller and then the app.  The app started in flight mode so once it connected I could see view through camera.  I didn't get prompted to update so reading this thread, I shut down the drone, controller, and Go4 app.  (I closed the dji go 4 app in the background as well.)  When I restarted everything the app started in flight mode again and there was no prompt to update.  Just the error saying can not take off.  

So I clicked on the dji logo on top left to see if I could find somewhere else to push an update and as soon as I back out of flight mode there was a big prompt in the middle of the screen asking me to update.  ...It was super easy.  You just have to back out of the flight mode.   ...at least this is how it worked for me - iOS latest version.  Iphone 8 plus
2018-1-26
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72054 ft
United States

Old thread and maybe known info but since I'm new I thought this might help someone else.  I have both an iPhone and S8. I noticed on the Android version of Go4 there's not even a status field for battery firmware. iOS app there is.  So those running Android might not even see a place to check the firmware level. But I agree with others regarding knowledge of third party. Both charging mechanisms deployed by the shark have firmware (hub and spark), as does the battery.  I bet whether or not a third party charger is used will be logged.
2018-7-27
Use props
djiuser_dlWLLhr5aDo9
lvl.1
France

Hi.
Check this
https://youtu.be/ABql0bgdn_c
2018-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now