Maximum Altitude Reached bug (new firmware)
3484 7 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

I had just updated to the latest firmware and App yesterday (RC, Spark and all batteries) and the first time that I tired to fly above 30m it told me that "maximum altitude reached".
I checked the setting in the app and it was set to 120m.

I tried changing it (first 110m, then 130m), descending below 20m and then ascending again, same problem.

Finally I landed, powered Spark and RC off, then back on, set max altitude to 120m again and then it allowed me to climb to where I wanted (100m).

Anyone else experience such problems?
2017-8-23
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You must connect your mobile device to internet first. Then run Dji Go 4. Then log-in using your dji account. After that connect your mobile to Spark, either directly or via rc then you are good to go. Consult your manual or Youtube for how to connect if you do not know
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

You should log into the APP and disable the beginner mode, then it won't be restricted.
2017-8-24
Use props
Snowboada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99186 ft
Austria

you probably didn't make the no-fly-zone Update yet.
Til then it stays in beginner mode!
2017-8-24
Use props
Central Maine D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1046680 ft
United States

I just had this problem with my Phantom 3 Pro.  I'd updated the App on my iPad, tried flying and couldn't go higher than 98 feet or more than 150 feet out.  Tried shutting controller & aircraft off then on but still had limit.  Found that I had app running in background on iPad before I ran the update.  I double pressed the button on the iPad, forced the app closed, reopened it and am able to fly past the limits I had minutes earlier.
2017-8-25
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-24 00:24
You should log into the APP and disable the beginner mode, then it won't be restricted.

I'm not in beginner mode. I know the settings quite well now. I have updated everything (Spark fw, RC fw, fw on all batteries, Go 4 app), including the new NFZ.

Today I had many more of these problems. Also had problems where Spark would not enter gesture mode (was trying to show it to someone). I discovered that none of the flight modes were even showing as available in the app (the icon was gone). Yes, I have everything enabled correctly. I know these settings very well now. Several times I have to power everything off and back on and then they show up again.

I think this is a bug with the new fw or App.

DJI support says to delete and re-isntall the app. I did not do this while out flying because the app is 311 mb and iOS won't let you download that over cellular. :-/

I will delete and reinstall now and try again later. Buggy update. :-(
2017-8-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TranceMist Posted at 2017-8-25 07:49
I'm not in beginner mode. I know the settings quite well now. I have updated everything (Spark fw, RC fw, fw on all batteries, Go 4 app), including the new NFZ.

Today I had many more of these problems. Also had problems where Spark would not enter gesture mode (was trying to show it to someone). I discovered that none of the flight modes were even showing as available in the app (the icon was gone). Yes, I have everything enabled correctly. I know these settings very well now. Several times I have to power everything off and back on and then they show up again.

Can you put up some pictures of icon missing, you max height is related to not being logged in, that's exactly what message you get. But the icon missing is strange just take a screenshot.
2017-8-25
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

for some reason my app goes buggy all the time on my nexus 7 gen 2 always have to reinstall it galaxy s5 seems fine
2017-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules