1793 22 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rlx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2244423 ft
United States

Hi,

I just wanted to share my repair story. Sadly, it was much different than the last time I sent in a warranty repair. Little back story, I am not a new flyer and have been flying DJI drones since the P2. With a P3P, i was having problems with the aircraft disconnecting after very short ranges - usually about 100-300ft. I did all the usual. Updated the firmware, tried using it in open fields to rule out interference, same result. I swapped out the remote with another, same result.

Talking to DJI and they recommended I sent it in under warranty repair. I did this and when I received it back the box had no paperwork in it at all. Just a new controller in plastic. Previously, I had paperwork showing what was repaired/replaced. They even sent me photos of my drone last time when it was checked in. Naturally, I wanted to know what was repaired. I emailed support and they said they didn't have that information. I called the phone number and the man was very rude to me and kept saying "You got your drone back, it was repaired, so whats your question?". He didn't seem to understand that I have no way of knowing it was repaired and would like to know what was diagnosed. E-mail support also said they could find no information on what was repaired. At this point, I had not actually flown the drone but suspected it was not fixed because they included a new controller which was not the probem. I specifically noted the controller does not appear to be the issue since I have tested multiple controller. I did fly the drone last night and it has the exact same problem that I had before.

I am frustrated because I took a considerable amount of time to explain my issue. I also supplied flight data links and context to each flight. This apparently was all ignored and not only did they not fix the problem they did not even try to re-create it or test that the problem was fixed. I pulled the .DAT files off the drone to see if I could find out what was repaired and what kind of tests they ran. While there are other things to note, the main take away is at no time did they ever try to re-create the issue or test that the issue was resolved. The furthest it ever flew was 12meters. I get that they can usually diagnose issues without having to fly it because they have seen them all and likely know why things happen. But in this case, it would have been helpful for QA to test to make sure the issue was resolved.

I had assumed this drone would be prepared before I head out on a trip to Europe but now I am not too sure, especially now that I have to start the repair process all over again and just hope it will be prepared. I understand things happen and that's life, but it has caused me to lose confidence in DJI repair center as a result. I am hoping any repair or resolution to my problem can be escalated and expidited.

2017-8-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you get charged for anything ?
2017-8-23
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

Very sorry to hear of your problems with service.  I have to say I'm not surprised.  From the experience I've had with them, straight out lie to me, and reading other horror stories its hard to believe they are stil doing business in the United States.  I know if something ever happens to my P3P that I can not repair myself I would not buy another DJI product again.

Hope you get yours fixed before your trip
2017-8-23
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Sorry for your service troubles. You're definitely not alone with the service woes, not that that is very helpful to know, heh.

If it is the same serial # as the bird you sent in, I'd venture to say it is the in same state as it was sent in, especially if you keep getting told they don't know what was done to it... Sounds like they possibly swapped controllers and shipped it back out...
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

If I were in your position, I would feel the same way, apologize for your unpleasant experience. Could you please provide me with your case number, so I can find out if there is anything I can do to make your experience with us better?
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Phantom One Posted at 2017-8-23 10:06
Very sorry to hear of your problems with service.  I have to say I'm not surprised.  From the experience I've had with them, straight out lie to me, and reading other horror stories its hard to believe they are stil doing business in the United States.  I know if something ever happens to my P3P that I can not repair myself I would not buy another DJI product again.

Hope you get yours fixed before your trip

So sorry to hear about this, could you please provide more details? We'll learn from the experience and keep improving to provide you all better service. Apologize again for the trouble you have been caused before.
2017-8-23
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-23 19:19
So sorry to hear about this, could you please provide more details? We'll learn from the experience and keep improving to provide you all better service. Apologize again for the trouble you have been caused before.

I would love to, do you have an email that I could send you this information?  Specifically a Word document.  You are the first and only person that cared enough to ask what happened.  Thank you for that.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Phantom One Posted at 2017-8-24 03:47
I would love to, do you have an email that I could send you this information?  Specifically a Word document.  You are the first and only person that cared enough to ask what happened.  Thank you for that.

Sorry, could you please PM me the info? As for the Word document, could you please upload it to the Dropbox, then provide me the link?
2017-8-24
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-24 04:13
Sorry, could you please PM me the info? As for the Word document, could you please upload it to the Dropbox, then provide me the link?

Well I don't have a dropbox account..

Why isn't this thread showing up with all the other threads?  The only way I can find it is thru "Remind"
2017-8-24
Use props
rlx
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-23 19:19

Will send you a PM shortly, thanks
2017-8-24
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-24 04:13

Did you get my PM with Dropbox link?
2017-8-24
Use props
rlx
lvl.1
United States

There seems to be multiple users in this thread, I don't know who "Phantom One" is. But anyways, I just wanted to follow up on my situation. DJI has reached out to me and is working to make things better. Hoping for the best.
2017-8-24
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
United States

rlx Posted at 2017-8-24 14:52
There seems to be multiple users in this thread, I don't know who "Phantom One" is. But anyways, I just wanted to follow up on my situation. DJI has reached out to me and is working to make things better. Hoping for the best.

Generally there are multiple users in a thread.  You started the thread and users responded.  What do you need to know about me?  What's your concern with me?
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

rlx Posted at 2017-8-24 09:11
Will send you a PM shortly, thanks

Got your PM, so sorry for the trouble you have been caused. I didn't find a case number, could you please double confirm it, the case number should begin with CAS-XXXXXX,
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Phantom One Posted at 2017-8-24 10:04
Did you get my PM with Dropbox link?

Got it, sincerely sorry for this, I'll forward it to the management, will learn from it and keep improving to provide you all more professional service. As for the video issue, could you please provide more details?
What mobile device are you using? Have you tried to reinstall the APP?
2017-8-24
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-24 22:08
Got it, sincerely sorry for this, I'll forward it to the management, will learn from it and keep improving to provide you all more professional service. As for the video issue, could you please provide more details?
What mobile device are you using? Have you tried to reinstall the APP?

Using Samsung S8 now.  I've reinstalled the app on our new phones.  At this point I would appreciate someone giving me the ability to roll back to 1.9.60.  The employee that lied to me should be help accountable.
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Phantom One Posted at 2017-8-25 02:55
Using Samsung S8 now.  I've reinstalled the app on our new phones.  At this point I would appreciate someone giving me the ability to roll back to 1.9.60.  The employee that lied to me should be help accountable.

I am sorry, it is not able to roll back to 1.9.60. Is it better when you are using the drone with Samsung S8?
2017-8-25
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-25 03:31
I am sorry, it is not able to roll back to 1.9.60. Is it better when you are using the drone with Samsung S8?

With a service file it's possible to roll back.  It's the least DJI could do to keep my business.
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Phantom One Posted at 2017-8-25 04:24
With a service file it's possible to roll back.  It's the least DJI could do to keep my business.

Sorry that the firmware cannot be downgraded, we apologize again for the trouble that has been caused.
2017-8-26
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-26 01:27
Sorry that the firmware cannot be downgraded, we apologize again for the trouble that has been caused.

I know DJI has the ability to downgrade the firmware, they just decline to do so.  A DJI employee straight out lied to me so if they don't care to make it right with me I will no longer do business.
2017-8-26
Use props
rlx
lvl.1
United States

Update on this:

Things are not going very well. After I initially posted this topic I received a phone call from DJI. I am not sure if it was a result of my post here or a reply back to an email I sent them. The person on the phone was real nice and apologetic and stated they were going to replace my drone and expedite it to me. I am not confident either things were done.

I sent the drone back again and I watched it go through the repair process on the repair.dji.com site and I just received email saying it is now being tested and will be shipped out in 2 days. This concerns me because when I sent it back this time I did not include any of the problems I had or any description of the issues. I just sent it back with the return number. No one contacted me. I fear that if it was actually replaced it would not have to be going through testing and all that.

Reaching out to those on this forum that appear to be DJI employees that reached out to me after posting has been unsuccessful. No one has replied to me through PM. Not sure what drone I will be getting back or if it will be repaired and what will be repaired if it is.
2017-9-6
Use props
rlx
lvl.1
United States

Per UPS, this was shipped with a 5 day shipping time. DJI has been completely unresponsive in assistance on this. Drone will likely be delivered when I am out of the country. That's too bad. I was told it would be expidited and "not to worry"
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rlx Posted at 2017-9-7 08:10
Per UPS, this was shipped with a 5 day shipping time. DJI has been completely unresponsive in assistance on this. Drone will likely be delivered when I am out of the country. That's too bad. I was told it would be expidited and "not to worry"

rlx, we are sorry for the late response, I've checked the case, the aircraft, gimbal and RC all have been swapped and shipped out on 6th, Sept. Sorry for the trouble and inconvenience caused, hope you will receive it soon. We will keep improving our customer service to make your experience with us better in the future.
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules