4160 32 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Following to my last update on P4P+ and achieving the status of "LATEST FIRMWARE", I got lots of errors and AC malfunctioning, only to mention some, occuring randomly, not simultaneously or without any apparent correlation between:

1. Gimbal overload error !!!???. The Gimbal was freely moving as usual after starting the AC, nothing was touching the gimbal or hindering it.
2. I was prompted to calibrate the remote controller (sticks calibration)...
3. Aircraft disconnected. This is the most annoying one as occurs ALWAYS and every time I flown after the last update. The AC can fly no more than 1 km approx before loosing connection, in open space, no interferrences, same areas where I used to fly 2 to 3 km before signal starts fading.
4.Strong wireless interference.Please fly with caution. - Same old story, even when I fly in an open, remote field, free of electrical interferences.
5.The map, randomly changes from Here-Europe map to China map (including chinese characters). I thought this problem was solved in a previous update, but in the last one, here we go again...
6.Also randomly, after starting the AC and gimbal initialization, it remains (gimbal) in an 30º inclined position, not horizontally as usual. If I switch off the AC and turn it on again, the gimbal recovers its horizontal correct position...

I was much happier and safer with previous firmware.

Current versions:
App 4.1.4
Version 01.04.0602
Aircraft database 01.00.01.04
APP database 01.00.01.04

Thanks for any help or hint.
Best regards,

2017-8-23
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

A sort of case follow up:

Reinstalled AC update via DJI Assistant, version v01.04.0602

The RC prompts for a data update."Connect the aircraft to update your data"
When I choose update, another window pops-up indicating how to connect the RC with the AC (via cable).
I use micro USB + OTG micro USB to connect both and press "OK"
Nothing happens latter on...

Turn them off, turn them on, ...same story

Helpless...

Checked the version of the RC and is the same as available for downloading on DJI support page.

Other errors appearing on the RC screen under the line of firmware status:

Aircraft encoder error (0X20)
Contact DJI support if continues after restarting (...yes it does)
Error Code (code 200 and sometimes 201). Failed to take off (I was not trying to...I was only trying to update...)Check USB connection with aircraft. Contact DJI support if persists after restart.

Only to mention I use original USB and OTG cables...
2017-8-23
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

15matjan Posted at 2017-8-23 14:01
A sort of case follow up:

Reinstalled AC update via DJI Assistant, version v01.04.0602

I get the same pop up window on my p4P+ also on latest Firmware m follow prompts , nothing happens ! , cant rely on it now for a good flight , gray fpv after only a couple 100ft then comes back on for a little then back off , wireless interference when I know there is none , recording constantly stopping on it;s own , msg's about being in a restricted or NFZ errr no it is not ! , there are more but cant remember just just now , craft was fine before this update ,  luckily I have others I2 mavic Spark etc , they are all fine , Oh and my older P4 has also went wonky on the new update lol  , just have to wait on DJI to sort this out in their usual slow way. :-(
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to refresh the firmware and link RC again. As for the map, please reset the RC to check: Settings--system settings--Backup&Reset–Factory data Reset.
2017-8-23
Use props
Jooste
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53425 ft
Australia

I bought a P4P yesterday and confirmed that the firmware is v 01.02.0303 on the craft and v 01.03.00.00 on the RC. I completed the setup successfully without being forced to an upgrade.  How stable is this version and will it be safe for me to take it for a test flight tomorrow? I am not an experienced pilot but have gone through all the training videos I could find. I have tried to get some info regarding the last stable version out of the support team but I probably will get more support from the lamppost.
2017-8-23
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Dear Susan,
thanks for the advice, did it exactly as you suggested but it still do the same and does not work.

There is another, first (annoying) prompt pop-up when I turn on the RC: "Firmware Update for DJI SPARK". Whatever I choose: Ignore or I know, the final result is a second pop-up prompting me to "Connect the AC to Update data" via USB-OTG which is not working...
I don't know if this first pop-up (for SPARK) generates any bugs in the system.
Anyhow I do not own any SPARK, I have a P4P+ and DJI should know it because you have linked all the drones through each user's profile and data.
Can DJI please send only relevant data and updates to the users, according the the gear and models we own ? It should not be difficult. Thanks God I do not receive notifications about P3P, Mavic and others ...Yet...

Really very annoying, upseting and frustrating to have my bird grounded and unsecure during my few days of holiday...
Look forward for a solution...Thanks
2017-8-23
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Having received no answer from Susan, not even the typical "we are working on your case"..., could DJI please offer me a firmware downgrade ? Or a beta ? Hoping not to kill my bird finally...
2017-8-24
Use props
erick.will
lvl.2
Brazil

15matjan Posted at 2017-8-24 06:33
Having received no answer from Susan, not even the typical "we are working on your case"..., could DJI please offer me a firmware downgrade ? Or a beta ? Hoping not to kill my bird finally...

Yep, surely a new update for our birds, in my case P4P, would be a nice move from DJI... hopefully, they are following their own forum.
2017-8-24
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Another day, still no solution, nor advice on how to either quit the annoing message on the RC built in screen "Update required.Please connect the AC" (and does not connect via USB-OTG) or regain my confidence I can fly safe.
DJI I would like to recall and stress. I paid for your product, which is covered still by warranty, I updated it according to your recommendations and I need to fly it safe because is what I paid for and this is your part of our commercial contract. And your duty.
It is not nice, nor politely, to neither answer to my posts nor supply a corrective solution and in the meantime I'll keep active this post and place it upfront as many times as required because I do not agree with the policy of silence.
Regards and hope in receiving a solution soonest possible
2017-8-24
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does the message appear when you power on using this  sequence -  power on RC, then power on AC, then open the app
2017-8-25
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

It is a P4P+, the app opens simultaneously with the RC.
Does not matter if first turn on RC and then AC or viceversa.
2017-8-25
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

I am shocked when you are having issues with using only DJI hardware. It is an excuse if you are using third party hardware. But how DJI explains it in your situation. Every user of + model should ask for a full refund and get out of the door real fast. No point of wasting your life and messing about with their drones.
2017-8-25
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Dear DTK, thats the attitude difference between a Go Pro and DJI. I'm not a GoPro fan, actually I do not own any of their products but Go Pro recalled Karma. DJI is Chinese and seems do not understand complaints made in English language....or any other language...
Hopefully, one day, some other companies will learn to manufacture good quality drones and will force DJI to come down on Earth which is where we live and pay for their faulty products and poorest client service ever.
2017-8-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Downgrade to "any" previous firmware version. YouTube is your friend, my friend....
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

15matjan Posted at 2017-8-23 23:56
Dear Susan,
thanks for the advice, did it exactly as you suggested but it still do the same and does not work.

Sorry for the late response first. The Spark update reminder will pop up when launching DJI GO 4. Please tick do not remind it any more when you click the ignore icon. Apologies if this bothers you.

As the previous suggestions, did you try to link RC successfully after the firmware update? Also, please adjust the antenna according to the specific situation. And the gimbal issue, please record a short video for further review.  
2017-8-28
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Dear Susan,
thank you very much. Is good to know I'm not alone with my unsolved problem. Yes I answered at #6 in this topic, unfortunately after relinking RC following to firmware update, it does the same, it pops-up the message "DATA UPDATE. Connect aircraft to update your data" but when I connect it it does nothing. The update led on the AC blinks red and if I let it like that, it makes no changes even after 1 hr of connection. There are no other messages during "the updating ???" and this happens any time I turn them on.

As for the gimbal, I was unable to video the error message, but I think it remained recorded in an internal log of the system. If you could teach me how to do it, I could try to send the log to you.

Thanks again
2017-8-28
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

I am having the same issues, last night i dint get more then 1000 ft away from remote, with the antennas in the correct positions per DJI, and the drone disconnected and returned home, yes the fail safe worked but why is this happening?? I was able to fly well over 1.5 miles from the same location before this upgrade..
2017-8-28
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Sorry to hear that hdlou94, I'm not alone praying in the desert, hopefully things will change asap.Is quite frustrating to depend only on RTH because the drone is disconnecting after several hundreds meters...Definitely there are either some bugs with the transmission in this last firmware or DJI decided their birds will never fly again as long as it used to.
2017-8-28
Use props
PADrone911
lvl.1
United States

15matjan Posted at 2017-8-24 06:33

I have been trying for two weeks to get help, spent 6 hours on the phone and all they could tell me was ensure firmware is updated and recaliabrate the gimbal. I have requested help on the forum as well with no response in over 3 days.....

I have 3 P4P and Pro models and they could care less that I am grounded completely- hope you have better luck than I did!
2017-8-28
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Dear Susan,
Here we go again, same problems as described above and no solution yet.
The Chinese map appeared again...Why?????I reset the Rc to factory settings, went well for a couple of days and then, from nothing, again with the Chinese map. I' m sorry but this is not serious and become desesperately boring and upsetting.The same for the update prompt (even though I'm updated !!!...) and the DJI Spark and I have no Spark...The AC losses connection in flight and GPS signal too.Can you fix all those stuffs please???? And when ????
IMG_20170913_224227.jpg
IMG_20170913_224214.jpg
IMG_20170913_224001.jpg
IMG_20170913_223934.jpg
2017-9-13
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

More screenshots with errors...Please note I have European map when flying but Chinese map when use the RC in post-flight edition of video, etc.It does not matter if I use online connection or previously downoladed maps, instead of European I got the Chinese...
IMG_20170913_223128.jpg
IMG_20170913_223050.jpg
IMG_20170913_223023.jpg
2017-9-13
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

I recall I have a P4P+, built in screen with DJI native and dedicated app.I bought it on purpose to avoid other conflicts with Android apps, but it seems is worse or the worst choice I made...
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

15matjan Posted at 2017-9-13 12:53
Dear Susan,
Here we go again, same problems as described above and no solution yet.
The Chinese map appeared again...Why?????I reset the Rc to factory settings, went well for a couple of days and then, from nothing, again with the Chinese map. I' m sorry but this is not serious and become desesperately boring and upsetting.The same for the update prompt (even though I'm updated !!!...) and the DJI Spark and I have no Spark...The AC losses connection in flight and GPS signal too.Can you fix all those stuffs please???? And when ????

I recommend you to update the RC only, please make sure it has solid network. With WiFi, you can update the RC to the latest version V 1.2.1.0.

For the Spark reminder, please choose I know, instead of Ignore.

Also, please check the Reply button under my reply, so that I can handle it timely. Thanks for cooperation.
2017-9-14
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-14 23:34
I recommend you to update the RC only, please make sure it has solid network. With WiFi, you can update the RC to the latest version V 1.2.1.0.

For the Spark reminder, please choose I know, instead of Ignore.

Dear Susan,
I tried everything you suggested. Network is optic fiber, 300Mb, strong WIFI.
No way, it still does the same and I detected new bugs adding to my previous, unsolved headaches.

This video you'll see the Spark message still appears, randomly and frequently despite of choosing I know. I ignore the reason why, sometimes when switching on, it does not check for availability of updates.Is the only moment when the Spark message does not pop-up.
Otherways, any time is checking for updates, Spark message will appear irrespective what you choose before (Ignore or I know).
It's a 3 minutes viedo, but it is untouched and unedited and you'll see the problem

Another new detected bugs and even more important are, that I'm unable to delete videos neither through the ALBUM nor through the GALLERY. In fact the GALLERY gives me an error message everytime I try to access it.I mean the videos stored in the internal memory of the RC (I recall is a P4P+, RC with built in screen).I'm unable to free video space.

I have done everything, restored to factory version, updated again, etc, etc, etc.
I'm sorry but is your native application, dedicated RC+screen and I need desperately you to fix it ...

2017-9-22
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Sorry to come back again, but is 3 days since I asked for an answer and as DJI does not give any life signal, my only option is to refresh the thread position and hope to receive a hint or a solution.
(I'm unable to delete videos on the RC with built in screen and therefore unable to free video cache...)
2017-9-25
Use props
user374f5807c8
New

United States

After just flying with no problems a few days ago, then after updating latest go 4 app, keep getting imu calibration failures. won't change pictures on instructions. Any ideas?
IMG_4185.PNG
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

15matjan Posted at 2017-9-22 00:13
Dear Susan,
I tried everything you suggested. Network is optic fiber, 300Mb, strong WIFI.
No way, it still does the same and I detected new bugs adding to my previous, unsolved headaches.

Sir, the three videos do not play well. Could you upload to Dropbox and send us the link directly?

I understand your concern and let us check the issue one by one.

Just to verify, what's the current firmware of the RC? You can check it in Settings>Update. Also, I would recommend you to download the RC firmware from our website and refresh: http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

Please let me know whether the previous suggestions work or not. Or if there is any difference.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

user374f5807c8 Posted at 2017-9-26 16:25
After just flying with no problems a few days ago, then after updating latest go 4 app, keep getting imu calibration failures. won't change pictures on instructions. Any ideas?

Which drone do you refer? How about cooling down the drone and re-calibrate the IMU?
2017-9-26
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-26 23:39
Sir, the three videos do not play well. Could you upload to Dropbox and send us the link directly?

I understand your concern and let us check the issue one by one.

Dear Susan,
many thanks for your answer.
Well, I downloaded again the RC firmware from your website and locally installed it through a SD microcard on the RC.
Following to its installation, I was prompted for an update. Which at that particular moment I postponed because I had not enough available space on my device (less than 2Gb).
To my surprise, I was able to delete videos from my cache and RC video library and also had no error when accessing the Gallery as I complained earlier.
That time it worked.
Having freed memory space and with 2,08 Gb free space, I proceeded to update the firmware via WIFI as I was prompted.
After that, I tried to delete again videos from the album and/or access the Gallery and unfortunately was unable to delete it or access the Gallery.
Definitely I think it has to do with the last version.
Please find attached the dropbox videos as you requested and photos with the screenshot regarding the installed versions on the RC.
Only please be a little patient, sometimes the image is unfocused, it need some moments until the camera I recorded is focusing the screen, but you'll be able to see the problems I'm trying to describe and are affecting me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jv6hld5jky9676/DSCN4829.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvyo1uh67hlcdtq/DSCN4828.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/37eo3xesf4moukg/DSCN4827.MP4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dycf6wpb1n0p99a/DSCN4826.MP4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6dwuut8qzmq6cf/DSCN4825.MP4?dl=0

Thanks for the upcoming help
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

15matjan Posted at 2017-9-27 07:07
Dear Susan,
many thanks for your answer.
Well, I downloaded again the RC firmware from your website and locally installed it through a SD microcard on the RC.

Our engineers have been aware of the deleting videos issue, and they will optimize in the next update. If you need this feature, please downgrade to previous version via SD card. Apologize if this bothers you.
2017-9-28
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-28 03:27
Our engineers have been aware of the deleting videos issue, and they will optimize in the next update. If you need this feature, please downgrade to previous version via SD card. Apologize if this bothers you.

Dear Susan,

many thanks for your fast and clear answer.

In the meantime I think I'll manage to use as instructed, but I do hope we'll have a firmware update one day because there are things to be fixed and recover for P4P+ the fiability and trustworthiness of previous Phantom models I knew and I flown.
Kind regards
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

15matjan Posted at 2017-9-28 03:47
Dear Susan,

many thanks for your fast and clear answer.

I always appreciate your patience and support. Please believe DJI are devoting to improving our product and service to bring better experience for our valued customers. Any update, we will release at the first time.
2017-10-4
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-4 02:37
I always appreciate your patience and support. Please believe DJI are devoting to improving our product and service to bring better experience for our valued customers. Any update, we will release at the first time.

Thank you! I was very happy with my previous P3A, hope future bug fixes on P4P+ will help recovering the fiability and trustworthiness the first had in my opinion.
2017-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules